Jon’s 3 Autoflower - 3 Pounds Attempt Grow

Great Googly-Moogly that's a LOT of Kief!

May I ask - how do you collect all that kief?
Thanks @GratefulBud!
Sure, it’s all too simple. All I do is dry it and screen it in the Trim Bin. That’s it. Just the sugar leaf trim off the buds, any first trim (the one before you hang) leaves that were frosty, and then (here’s the kicker) all the flarf buds that don’t make the jars. You see how I trim and what makes my jars. That almost always leaves some flarfy buds which I deem non-jar worthy. Some of this is buds that anyone would agree are garbage, and some are buds that many would maybe keep in their jars. Either way, the amount of kief you harvest multiplies very quickly when you start using shit buds instead of just sugar leaf. I let the shit buds dry (this takes longer than the sugar leaf trim) and then cut them down with scissors and remove as many little stems as possible (to save wear on the screen). The kief haul from a tray of chopped up flarf is gigantic. Way more than the same amount of leaf.
Lastly, before I ever put it in the Trim Bin I divide it into Bin load sized bags and freeze it overnight before kiefing it in the morning. Frozen trim produces WAY more kief than non frozen.

That’s pretty much it. I love my Trim Bin. Best $40-45 I ever spent on the Zon. Lol!

1 lb = 16 oz
3 lb = 48 oz
Right?
Thanks for the kind words! They resonate regardless of any math.
Your math way better than mine! Obviously time for me to go home.
:slide:

Thanks @GratefulBud!
Sure, it’s all too simple. All I do is dry it and screen it in the Trim Bin. That’s it. Just the sugar leaf trim off the buds, any first trim (the one before you hang) leaves that were frosty, and then (here’s the kicker) all the flarf buds that don’t make the jars. You see how I trim and what makes my jars. That almost always leaves some flarfy buds which I deem non-jar worthy. Some of this is buds that anyone would agree are garbage, and some are buds that many would maybe keep in their jars. Either way, the amount of kief you harvest multiplies very quickly when you start using shit buds instead of just sugar leaf. I let the shit buds dry (this takes longer than the sugar leaf trim) and then cut them down with scissors and remove as many little stems as possible (to save wear on the screen). The kief haul from a tray of chopped up flarf is gigantic. Way more than the same amount of leaf.
Lastly, before I ever put it in the Trim Bin I divide it into Bin load sized bags and freeze it overnight before kiefing it in the morning. Frozen trim produces WAY more kief than non frozen.

That’s pretty much it. I love my Trim Bin. Best $40-45 I ever spent on the Zon. Lol!
Thanks for the detailed reply!

I've got about an ounce or two of larfy stuff I was going to use for edibles. I may freeze it to make kief instead.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I've got about an ounce or two of larfy stuff I was going to use for edibles. I may freeze it to make kief instead.
Here’s the best part - I use the kiefed stuff for edibles too. You just have to use like two or three times as much as you would for the same recipe. Good kiefing will get you most of the visible trichomes - but you can’t get the all. Not with the Trim Bin method anyway. There’s still more than enough to make edibles just as strong as you normally make, like I said, you just gotta use more.

Here’s the best part - I use the kiefed stuff for edibles too. You just have to use like two or three times as much as you would for the same recipe. Good kiefing will get you most of the visible trichomes - but you can’t get the all. Not with the Trim Bin method anyway. There’s still more than enough to make edibles just as strong as you normally make, like I said, you just gotta use more.
Good to know - thanks!

Epilogue

That was a fun grow. Tried some stuff (auto scrog, water pot, pyramid pot) I hadn’t tried before. Pulled it off for the most part. And most importantly, learned a lot and had a blast. I hope you guys did too. Thanks so much to all of you who suffered with me for 100 plus days.

No reviews on the buds - that’ll be for much later after it’s cured for six weeks. But in terms of growing them, here’s a few impressions from each:

Banana Sherbet XXL auto (Growers Choice): very vigorous growth, lots of side branching, no nute issues with the PB system or additives, medium to high level productivity - an excellent choice for scrog training, around 40 days of veg
Forbidden Runtz XXL auto (Growers Choice): slowish/medium growth, small, very tight plant, will test your defoliation skills, medium productivity (not bad for its size), extremely high thc, large, fat, conical buds - not the most colorful plant ever but smells like a dream, no nute issues with PB system or additives, lots of side branching that all stays close together, if I grew it again I’d try much harder to spread her out
Watermelon WeddingCake XXL auto (Growers Choice): the perfect plant - huge, tons of side branching, insanely productive, super colorful with shocking orange/red hairs, easy to grow but a bit of an Mg hog in flower (keep up on the CalMag and maybe up it a bit in flower), extremely easy trim, and (from previous experience) tasty as hell - also my favorite all time weed to play on, and you can train her however you want, up to 45 days in veg
White Widow auto (Original Harvest): a most pleasant surprise and my favorite weed of the four, unusually gorgeous plant who lives up to her name, insane amount of trichome coverage, buds appear white from afar, more side branches than I thought possible, hard, small, dense buds, super easy to grow, even gracefully accepted a nute switch for flower (PB in veg, Blue Planet in flower), starts out smallish and tight and bushy and then explodes outward in late veg - around 35-40 days of veg time, excellent yielder….this one is a must have at all times strain

I don’t have a whole lot to add to the mid flower report on the pot setups, but briefly:
Pyramids: meh
Water: definitely
Scrog: not for me

:rofl:

The yield: I don’t know one of us who would be upset with 42+ ounces from four autos. What else is there to say about it? The 13.6 from the Watermelon WeddingCake becomes my personal auto record. Frankly it’s my any plant record.

The kief: Whoa. I got my share. If I sold this stuff and got dispensary prices for it I’d be a wealthy man. Down here they get 45-60/gram for it. Lmao. I’m content to just sit on it, let it season (it changes over time just like weed does), smoke it when I need it, and share the crap out of it. I could never run out.

Thanks to @Rexer for being my auto Sensei for this grow. Held my hand through both the scrog and the water pot. Thanks Rex!! :adore:

Thanks also to the sponsors involved in this grow. All your products performed very well! Those sponsors would be:
- @Prescription Blend
- @NextLight
- @blue Planet
- @GeoPot

And there you go! As always I appreciate your interest and input and the time you spent here, Muchas gracias! I’m going to go ahead and stamp this a successful grow, and I leave you with some pictures of our four end products. If you are interested please feel free to check out my just begun outdoor winter grow, now in action.

Rock on. Moderators, if someone’s could please move this journal into the completed file I would greatly appreciate it.

179F63AA-6DCB-4EC8-BB57-9B694C5224EC.jpeg

B67C0988-234F-4049-B38A-987C5F866F9C.jpeg

ABADFC28-5771-4CA6-94CD-A1C84EEA1BDD.jpeg

7FAC3C0C-AE0C-4BA2-B174-E92F8FB5CA0B.jpeg

961E879C-F08E-4709-8C78-7C8D63006F4B.jpeg

757E05F2-9A21-4439-B9F0-D03431046345.jpeg

CE76B5A0-E045-459E-A0B5-E80CDEDBC326.jpeg

Awesome journal, with incredible content as always Jon. :green_heart:
Your photography, writing and growing skills always make your journals fun to follow. It was a blast to take part and help out where I could.

I’m content to just sit on it, let it season (it changes over time just like weed does),
Thank you. I'm glad to see someone else who likes aged kief. It gets incredibly smoother I find.
And it's actually more inline with the traditional way.

Congrats on a fantastic grow and harvest Jon. I really enjoyed watching the different methods you used to increase yield.

Epilogue

That was a fun grow. Tried some stuff (auto scrog, water pot, pyramid pot) I hadn’t tried before. Pulled it off for the most part. And most importantly, learned a lot and had a blast. I hope you guys did too. Thanks so much to all of you who suffered with me for 100 plus days.

No reviews on the buds - that’ll be for much later after it’s cured for six weeks. But in terms of growing them, here’s a few impressions from each:

Banana Sherbet XXL auto (Growers Choice): very vigorous growth, lots of side branching, no nute issues with the PB system or additives, medium to high level productivity - an excellent choice for scrog training, around 40 days of veg
Forbidden Runtz XXL auto (Growers Choice): slowish/medium growth, small, very tight plant, will test your defoliation skills, medium productivity (not bad for its size), extremely high thc, large, fat, conical buds - not the most colorful plant ever but smells like a dream, no nute issues with PB system or additives, lots of side branching that all stays close together, if I grew it again I’d try much harder to spread her out
Watermelon WeddingCake XXL auto (Growers Choice): the perfect plant - huge, tons of side branching, insanely productive, super colorful with shocking orange/red hairs, easy to grow but a bit of an Mg hog in flower (keep up on the CalMag and maybe up it a bit in flower), extremely easy trim, and (from previous experience) tasty as hell - also my favorite all time weed to play on, and you can train her however you want, up to 45 days in veg
White Widow auto (Original Harvest): a most pleasant surprise and my favorite weed of the four, unusually gorgeous plant who lives up to her name, insane amount of trichome coverage, buds appear white from afar, more side branches than I thought possible, hard, small, dense buds, super easy to grow, even gracefully accepted a nute switch for flower (PB in veg, Blue Planet in flower), starts out smallish and tight and bushy and then explodes outward in late veg - around 35-40 days of veg time, excellent yielder….this one is a must have at all times strain

I don’t have a whole lot to add to the mid flower report on the pot setups, but briefly:

The yield: I don’t know one of us who would be upset with 42+ ounces from four autos. What else is there to say about it? The 13.6 from the Watermelon WeddingCake becomes my personal auto record. Frankly it’s my any plant record.

The kief: Whoa. I got my share. If I sold this stuff and got dispensary prices for it I’d be a wealthy man. Down here they get 45-60/gram for it. Lmao. I’m content to just sit on it, let it season (it changes over time just like weed does), smoke it when I need it, and share the crap out of it. I could never run out.

Thanks to @Rexer for being my auto Sensei for this grow. Held my hand through both the scrog and the water pot. Thanks Rex!! :adore:

Thanks also to the sponsors involved in this grow. All your products performed very well! Those sponsors would be:
- @Prescription Blend
- @NextLight
- @blue Planet
- @GeoPot

And there you go! As always I appreciate your interest and input and the time you spent here, Muchas gracias! I’m going to go ahead and stamp this a successful grow, and I leave you with some pictures of our four end products. If you are interested please feel free to check out my just begun outdoor winter grow, now in action.

Rock on. Moderators, if someone’s could please move this journal into the completed file I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Jon that was brilliant.
Congratulations on your haul aswell.
8 lbs one plant, mthats my record.
It was hit by mites and I had a wet fall and harvested early.
Obviously it was an outdoor girl.
I only saved 12 ounces from my Chronic Thunder this summer.
So 13 from an indoor auto has to be a record somewhere?
Growers choice right, ask them.
Bet it's a record for their strain.
Either way it's brilliant and a wonderful grow.
Excellent work. :bravo:
Congrats Amigo.
Have a great weekend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks for all the grotainment Jon! All the innovations will add up for us! You give autos a new prospective! 42 oz from 4 autos, 100 days, pure pleasure to watch! Can't wait for what's next!
Thanks Otter! Grotainment. :rofl:

Congrats Amigo.

Stay safe
8 lbs. :thedoubletake: Bet you had a blast in that trim jail. Thanks Sensei!

Congrats Amigo.

Stay safe
13.6. And I had a small jar full of small trimmed buds I’m smoking that’s at least .4. If I had wanted to include those it was a 14 ounce auto. That’s completely insane. But I’ve seen bigger. Maybe not that strain, but bigger for sure. Ask @Chuckeye , he’ll tell you.

8 lbs. :thedoubletake: Bet you had a blast in that trim jail. Thanks Sensei!
I had a team that week.
And ran the heck out of the bowl trimmer.
Enjoy your weekend. :ciao:

Stay safe

Thanks for all the grotainment Jon! All the innovations will add up for us! You give autos a new prospective! 42 oz from 4 autos, 100 days, pure pleasure to watch! Can't wait for what's next!
You know what’s funny @StoneOtter? This White Widow, the Banana Sherbet, and the Watermelon WeddingCake ALL beat every plant I’ve grown in yield. Every photo. So part of me is telling myself “why bother with photos?” You know? But then I see that Mac and Jack and I’m like, “oh yeah…cuz that.” Photos rule as far as I’m concerned, despite my love for autos. Lol. But as soon as my new seeds arrive I’m going to shatter that 13.6 with new entry - Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL auto. It’s a limited release from Growers Choice I managed to snag before they sold out. Heh.

You know what’s funny @StoneOtter? This White Widow, the Banana Sherbet, and the Watermelon WeddingCake ALL beat every plant I’ve grown in yield. Every photo. So part of me is telling myself “why bother with photos?” You know? But then I see that Mac and Jack and I’m like, “oh yeah…cuz that.” Photos rule as far as I’m concerned, despite my love for autos. Lol. But as soon as my new seeds arrive I’m going to shatter that 13.6 with new entry - Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL auto. It’s a limited release from Growers Choice I managed to snag before they sold out. Heh.
That's going to be a good one to get large!

Epilogue

- @Prescription Blend
- @NextLight
- @blue Planet
- @GeoPot

Wow Jon, you did a fantastic job I'd be thrilled with 42oz from my 4 photos I have going 42oz from 4 autos is beyond what I thought was possible.

Back
Top Bottom