Jonwayne's Bag Seed - Rookie Grow - Winter 2015 Journal

Sounds like you've got the basics of it down, but I asked the same questions and never got an answer that I could work off of. I think that's because nobody can really tell you when it's 10 days or two weeks before it's ready as your setup and this grow are very specific and unique.

Not only that, but trichs are only part of the equation, If you still can't see any amber but the plant is obviously otherwise done (only yellow fan leaves remain, water consumption slowing, etc.) then you pretty much have to take it as is. Alternatively of course you can have a plant that otherwise looks young, but is full of amber and again you've no real choice but to take it as is.

By way of general advice, try to avoid the typical thing us first timers do, harvest too early. Of the three we've harvested so far, two were likely early. All three have gotten us higher than we've been in a long time so it's really not that important to us. We lost some yield, but we have too much anyway.

It takes a harvest to learn how and when to harvest, not sure there's any other way of truly learning.

All of this is just my uneducated opinion based on three months experience, so take it for what it is. :)

It goes to the bottom all pots but one. I use it to give me a general idea of the soil moisture. I don't think it's sufficient enough to solely rely on though. But it will tell you if your soil is soaked or on the drier side. I stick it through the drain holes in the bottom and keep track of how moist the bottom 3 inches of the pot is, ranging from 9.9 to 0, when they need fed it's usually around 2.5. My soil is horrible this first grow I have realized that, not consistent a bit. Im just trying to salvage and learn all I can from these first two plants. I may flush one and not the other, see if there are any big differences. They are fed the same, in the same soil, same environment. Just slightly different in genetics, but they both should mature around the same time.

Having alot of yellowing in the lower canopy on the big girl, in the end of 3 weeks in flower. Buds looking good, swelling up nice. I've read it could be an early nitrogen defficiency, I think I can rule that out. Had plenty of nitrogen in her last 2 feedings using 5-0-1, 2-1-6, 0-5-4. Should be plenty right. Think it might just be lack of light, since it's kind of a scrog setup? Should I be concerned

Having alot of yellowing in the lower canopy on the big girl, in the end of 3 weeks in flower. Buds looking good, swelling up nice. I've read it could be an early nitrogen defficiency, I think I can rule that out. Had plenty of nitrogen in her last 2 feedings using 5-0-1, 2-1-6, 0-5-4. Should be plenty right. Think it might just be lack of light, since it's kind of a scrog setup? Should I be concerned

I've read you want to cut down on N during flowering, and i believe most formulated bloom nutes have low N. Yellowing is to be expected, particularly on lower leaves that aren't getting much light. In a SCRoG you want to lollipop away everything below the screen anyway.

That's my understanding at least. Pictures always help...

Hope you have a great Sunday.

:)

Yea it's didn get as much N as it would have in veg, Just half the recommended amount, it called for in bloom. I should have used the term scrog a little more loosely, im just toying with a few idea's in this grow, I honestly didn't think I'd yeild anything from it in the beginning I had so much trouble. Good way to learn what, and what not to do. I'd say it may be just letting the lower part die off, since there isn't much light getting through with these cfls.

Gonna try and get some close up photo's of some flowers after work in the A.M. Hopefully I'll get to finish this journal and take a few weeks to prepare for what im gonna grow outside this year. I've got a nice little plant that's around 12" thats in veg right now, that im gonna try to move outside later on, and maybe try and force it to flower mid summer. I've learned alot from this grow, that's gonna help me try some new interesting things out in the future. My next journal will most likely be an auto indoors. I have been wanting to see what there all about. Ok, photos of my midget girls in flower coming shortly.

Here is the small one.
20160201_065937.jpg

There small, still frosty and filling out nicely.
20160201_065848.jpg

Here are a few of the bigger one. I got some decent close pictures of the trics, only half way through bloom looking good.
20160201_065219.jpg

20160201_064037.jpg

Just checked out your hillbilly girlz h00k, and have to say I like your style. Reminds me of myself alot, using second hand fixtures cramming as many as will fit in a space haha perks of working construction, lots of good stuff gets scraped away daily. Props sir, you had some nice ladies. CHEERS

Had to Raise my lights and open the the room up to let some air in this evening. My little intake just isn't cutting it, during this heat wave coming through right now. Shortly after the lights came on this evening, the temperature jumped up over 80. The last three days it has ran a little higher than I like it to be. I normally like it to stay between 68/77°. The girls grow more, seem happier in that temperature range. All else seems ok, the room should cool back off for the remainder of flower here tomorrow or so. I plan to move my vegitive plants outside when weather permits, don't really want to add an air conditioner . When I have such a good climate to grow in outside. My indoor grows will be in the winter months only, it's been a great way to keep the cabin fever from kicking in. Will add photos in a few days guys, trics are piling on. There smelling beautiful.

Im gonna have to break out the window air conditioning unit in February if this dang warm weather don't move out soon. I really don't want to stress these girls any more at this point. I need the best quality I can get out of these buds. Any other simple hacks to drop the temp in your space before I get the big noisy unit out of storage?

The 2 liters held the heat off, now the temperature has dropped back down outside. Now I can turn my intake fan back on to keep the room cool. My room has a hatch leading to the attic in it, that I run my intake and exhaust through to keep hidden that's works out pretty good. All excess heat goes into the attic. And there is a vent up there on the peak of my house that I run my intake to. Pulling in air from outside discreetly and @ 50-60° has kept my room at a good temp this entire grow. It's gonna work out great for my cool tube hps/mh grow light that's goin in after these 2 in flower come out. Photo updates coming guys all still goin well, just fighting the gnats still, think I have them under control until harvest.

I've only tested it once or twice, I've read that checking the runoff isn't really that accurate to what your soil really is. But when I checked it was @ 6.8 once and 7.0 the other...
My tap water comes out @ 7.8, after setting 48 hrs is drops down to 6.8-7.0 and I always bring it down to 6.5. I need to check the new plants I have in the new soil see if it's any different that my first soil.

Day 34 of flower, not alot has changed since the last photo update. Hoping they will be finished some where in the 50-60 day flower range. We shall see, Im gonna harvest them @ 2 different points. Gonna let the bigger girl mature longer, maybe 25% amber trics on her. Gonna take the smaller one a bit early when I get mostly milky trics. I'll do another photo shoot when they put on a bit more bulk and weight. I've got one in veg now thats just been topped and around a foot tall at the moment. Soon as I harvest one of these older plants she's goin into the flower room. She should get up to 3' or so, interested to see what my cfls do for her. Stay tuned...

The tiny girl keeps packing on trics, if I had to guess witch is gonna be better smoke. I would say it would be her, the bigger plant doesn't have half the trics. Few frosty pics from yesterday morning.....

20160208_064933.jpg

20160208_064809.jpg

20160208_064244.jpg

And why these pictures upload sideways beats me. I take them right side up, upload them right side up. And they still end up horizontal. I don't understand why you have to rotate your perfectly fine photos here. Apologies...

Back
Top Bottom