Journal #2 - Delicious Candy #2

Hey Aussie...what a well travelled plant you've got! Looking forward to seeing how she goes in her new surroundings! Dig your work!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Bubbles...
420-magazine-mobile1158557569.jpg

One of these each of grow A and B to 2 litres of my tap water. Comes in at ph 5:5 and 550ppm. Seems to like it. Buffers out to about 5.8-6.0. Anyway it's doing the job nice and haven't had to adjust once: 12/12 from Sunday so I will see how the bloom goes at the same levels.
Loving my new setup. So so easy and heaps of access to everything. And it appears to work. HPS may have a bit to do with it too. Don't seem to care about the extra heat. And it's been damn hot the last few days.

420-magazine-mobile895612186.jpg

I'm expecting roots to hang out of the pot soon. Anyone have any opinions of light exposure to them. Do you think they really care as long as they are wet?

If I buy another lid from Bunnings I can cut it in half and hinge it so I still have heaps of access. Actually forget the hinges. I can just lift half off else it's going to limit me. Sort of like.
420-magazine-mobile1300658493.jpg

Don't think my nutes are their long enough to pick up bacteria but you never know I guess. I probably get a lot of evaporation tho, especially with the fan blowing over the water. I'd say 50% is evaporation.

On my next round with my pineapple chunk it should have roots out the bottom already when it goes to flower. It will grow up in a mini version of my flower tub. 37cm long just fits nice in the tent.
420-magazine-mobile2920224.jpg

Take that back. It's 44cm long. Old eyes. Think it wil still fit, just squeeze out the 40x40tent a bit on the sides.

Maybe I'll just find something smaller by then too. Thinking when stuff touches the side of a tent moisture starts to seep through... and I thinking it wil be easier if I have something I can lift out through the front door.which is probably 35cm or less. Got all excited about using something I already have: ah well.

Just got to keep it healthy that's all I want. Heat has been an issue this week. Had some crazy temperatures in there.

Think my nutes are a tad low, but it's just an older lower fan leaf here and there yellowing off. So might just take it up a tad over the next month and taper off again for the last 5 weeks.

I am thinking of going a mix of veg and bloom nutes for the next two weeks and then straight bloom. Don't know if this is a good idea or not. Will see how it adjusts and tests up and maybe run with it for a few days and see if there is any negative effects. One thing I've been reading about canna nutes is they are formulated by themselves and don't like being mixed with random additives. Which sort of makes sense. It's like changing the whole chemical formula. Haven't found anything on mixing the veg and bloom yet tho.

Back
Top Bottom