KCMP Grow - 900W LED - Coco Coir - Spring 2015

Maybe I am mixing my resivour wrong?

Current steps:

1. Fill resivour to about 50% capacity (40L)
2. Begin adding nutrients in the following order. Bloom Part A -> Bloom Part B -> Big Bud -> B-52. Before adding the nutrients they are diluted in 10L of water which brings the resivour to just about 80L (100% capacity).
3. Top off res if needed to hit 80L
4. Check PH, and again after a few hours before the first feeding.

Am I mixing my nutrients in a strange way? Educate me!

Maybe I am mixing my resivour wrong?

Current steps:

1. Fill resivour to about 50% capacity (40L)
2. Begin adding nutrients in the following order. Bloom Part A -> Bloom Part B -> Big Bud -> B-52. Before adding the nutrients they are diluted in 10L of water which brings the resivour to just about 80L (100% capacity).
3. Top off res if needed to hit 80L
4. Check PH, and again after a few hours before the first feeding.

Am I mixing my nutrients in a strange way? Educate me!

I'm leaning towards this aswell. Can't be root related cause your run off doesn't return to the rez. I have to mix micro first in my line. I found a article one time that explained it but i have to look for it again. Crazy AN had no idea.

I have certainly given that a thought. The current resivour also bulges out a bit when fully loaded which is rather annoying.

I have a few bins in mind made of a harder plastic that would work better, and I can aways use an extra storage bin around the house.

Since taking Subnoise's advice of lowering the res temp and adding some H202 I have had zero issues with the algae returning. :thumb:

On another note: How much water are you pumping through your plants each day, and how are you timing your watering cycles? I am currently feeding 3 gallons per day in two 20 minute intervals. Right before the lights come on, and then again during the middle of the light cycle.

Still having a bit of a problem with PH drop in my runoff water.

If I remember right you are using 3 gallon pots?

Wanted to throw up a shot of the Candy Kush with a human next to it for size reference. This is the largest plant I have ever grown.

IMG_20150317_205416.jpg

Been working great. Still running into some burn and salt buildup, so I am going to cut the nute strength down today and try a PH of 6.2. Last roung of runoff was around 5.4.... a few more burned fan leaves but none of the budding sites are effected.

I do want to be sure I have everything under control before they start bulking up over the next few weeks.

Mostly the Golden Goats, but its only effecting 2 or 3 leaves, and the plants are massive, so I am not incredibly concerned about it. I think I may need to use an addative during my next flush to get all of the salt out. I will be leaving town for 5 days next week so everything will be on auto mode during that time.

KCMP, I'm subbed!

Looking real nice in here! And it looks like you've almost got the pH and res thing dialed in. That was definitely nute burn/salt buildup.

A few thoughts:

1. pH 6.1 for a Coco grow? seems a little high to begin with IMO. We run around 5.5-5.7 and never have issues.
2. Coco is of course notorious for salt buildup. We do a feed, water, water cycle to ensure good flush and to avoid buildup
3. The Milk in the Res: If you are working with any powdered or granulars, put them into solution first and THEN put them in the res. Do liquids second and still, put them into solution first, then into the res. You don't need to mix a whole batch when putting into solution- just enough water to get it dissolved. Once all the nute solutions are in the res-top off with water and adjust pH

My company does a lot of habitat restoration and we mix a lot of fertilizers and pesticides. When dry/granulars come into contact with one another without being in solution first, the results are often a total bummer. Tanks full of Milk! And sometimes more like pudding...Wettable powders, granulars, liquids. Every time.

I'm no expert Hydro grower and you are doing a great job. Just dropping two cents. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the rest of the show!

Trig

Glad to have you onboard!

Thanks for the advice regarding the resivour. I have been running with a PH of 6.0 but may drop it back down. I like the idea of having an alternated nutrient / water schedule and may do that on my next grow. It would involve adding a 2nd resivour into the system. I am currently flushing my plants every 4 days to keep the salt under control.

I am not using any powdered nutrients and have not had a "milk" issue until since I started changing the order in which I add my nutes. Subnoise linked me to a very helpful article which suggested to add the high phosphorus nutrients to the resivour first, which cleared up my issue.

Back
Top Bottom