KingJohnC's and WildRosebud's Dual Grow Journal - Pink Parvat Beta Testing

Vegetative Day 71 and 65

Pink Parvat was watered with a 1 gallon nutrient solution consisting of 3.75 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 3.75 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 3.75 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom. there is some heat stress damage on the tops of the plants as evident by the downward curled leaves.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_001.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_002.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_003.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_004.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_005.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_006.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_007.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_008.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_009.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_010.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_011.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_012.jpg

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_10-25-2013_-_013.jpg

They look good but that isn't heat stress, that's nutrient stress.

Vegetative Day 74 and 68

Pink Parvat was watered with a 1 gallon nutrient solution consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom.

I thought heat stress just curled upwards? that looks like nitrate stress (like on my super cropped serious 6 plant)

I had heat stress cause I was running a hot 90f under a hid. I don't normally pull out the calcium burnt, heat stressed thc bomb but here she is in all her glory!

that burntness is all from calcium burn LOL. it started as rust spots, kinda looked like the disease blight my tomato caught at first.

I was using miracle gro soil which has outrageous amounts of calcium in it, plus fish fertilizer and this high cal granular feed which eventually burnt her during the stretch. or maybe the end of stretch? idk.. its a small plant by breeding.

this was the smoothest bud ive ever had believe it or not.. I think I remembered flushing real well after learning it was cal burn by reading lables -_-

2013-05-12_22-58-03_560.jpg

2013-06-16_23-56-47_268.jpg

2013-06-27_12-41-46_783.jpg

that being said I don't think your plants are showing any signs of heat stress. they are showing nitrate stress (downward claw, highlighter tips) but they are still strong enough to withstand the heat. back off the nutes a bit, please. its where I went wrong too. I notice my thc bomb greening out early and started feeding too heavily. to be honest I had to feed once, maybe twice a week with the fish fertilizer.

thc bomb was only plant that got real bad heat stress merely because it couldn't eat its nutrients right and was weakened.

it was a feminized seed, and there was 0 nanners or seed, with all this stress mind you. I think the nanner hermie thing is just a product of bad feminized breeding

actually checkout my old thc bomb journal.. u can see how healthy she was then BAM overfed like that

skim through the pics please! oo my 150 watt hid! I miss you! I had that thing way too close at first LOL. oh and my failed soil clone -_-
Bomb Seeds THC Bomb

This is good , my PP went hermi before I could experiment with heavy feedings as much as I wanted. You steadily feed them more and more and they seem to take it but they do look sad. At first I thought heat stress because she is wearing her skirt so low but I agree with b.real looks like the nute stress is creeping in. I guess we see where it goes :) how it reacts and what the end product is like.

We now know Pink Parvat has an average shot at being either sex. We now know roughly the size they get with the pots we use and give us better idea what size to get for more serious grows. KingJohnC is testing tolerance to frequent feeding and so is Ikronic I think both are following a feed schedule? I know Ikronic is following instructions on his nutes , are you KJC or you just testing the threshold?

The plants look like they could get hit by a car and take it so I am impressed!

the plant on the right has a tree trunk as its stalk LOL

the Pink Parvat's have had some yellowing leaves at their base indicating they are not receiving enough nitrogen. I have increased the nutrients that Pink Parvat is being watered with by 1/4 strength until I am now feeding full strength nutrients.

Nitrogen deficiency can be caused by more than a lack of nitrogen.
To me this looks like slight nut burn which will
Mess with nitrogen and other nutrient uptakes

I know I saw at least one burnt tip.

Perhaps with one of them try to feed nothing but
Water for a week. But first flush with a bit of floral keen
Or drip clean. Not sure how much water ur using
But it sort of looks like too much water as well.

Those look like one gallons. If so I only water with like 5 measuring cups
For 1 gallon pots. The I wait for top coco to be dry.

I dun understand... When I do not ever feed plants they never turn yellow till they are in flower and about half way or later. No nutes seriously. So that would mean I should be deficient in all nutes right? Then why is it when I feed them nothing they look lush? It is a science I tells ya n if I do not get the hang of this soon it will drive me nuts , I want to feed them what they need but for some reason I just wait till they look like they want nutes before I ever start feeding. Maybe it is the medium I use now? I am curious and any help would get me more keen on my next grow. I am not judgmental either to be honest I do not make the "Frosted" nugs they kick my ass but they do not look kick ass if that makes sense? Ikronic makes the frostiest I seen ever and his method is following a nute guide , here I am following instinct but I fear it makes me look bad...... Aesthetic appeal seems to be top priority , I make medicine I know when the meds are ready to be used but this looking at the crystals , following nute regimes and other methods really confuse me hence why I joined this site. My main goal is medicine. My other goal is to make my medicine look like the medicine my dispensary provides it is not going to be a easy task. I get told all this information then I make new medicine today get fired up on tincture so confused right now so feeling like the world is a giant trampoline and my tincture is made from fan leaves ffs! What am I doing wrong and what am I doing right? Research , experiment and fails that is how. I hope fail more so I can learn tons more.

Pink Parvat via KJC looks wonderful despite a little yellowing on leaves. Pink parvat is a monster plant genetics wise this stuff will provide perfect medicine for many people if I do not see these genetics on my menu within a year I am going to go nuts. If next batch of Pink Parvat is not as good I will freak. If next batch of Pink Parvat does not taste like a hashy kush and soap candy I will freak right the hell out. That is a perfect daytime medicine that can dub as a night time med in larger dosages. Multi purpose strains rule this is our goal , make sure these damn things are viable. I made tincture with the Pink Parvat shake/fan leaves and wow I feel stupid hahahaha hey look a bird flew by.... You gonna eat that?!?!

Happy Tokerday Chronic!

I had one look at the last pics KJC and my first thought was , time to add some cal.mag or some calcium , the claw is not just from nutes but I think the stress might also be lack of calcium. It is what I see anyways. Wrinkly leaves.... Now when I did PP at first I mentioned "Today I am adding Dolo" and another member asked why and that it seemed kinda early to do so. I thought about that a lot took it very serious but the type of dolo I use is slower release not as soluble as something like cal/mag so it needs time to break down when it is introduced to the soil. I think from now on what I will do is add it to the soil before I plant stuff in a safe increment. I wish I had better testing devices that could tell me different compound PPM's I think I want to get more involved ya know? Keeping it fresh would keep me keen on growing and it will keep me from getting bored... I see calcium deficiency but it does not look out of control on yers. Maybe it will pick up what it needs as it goes but it would not hurt to add a little and some epsom salts. If what I just said sounds stupid lemme know too cus I am still learning as well!

one of the biggest issues i hav found for nute problems with soil is over watering, if the roots are over watered or the soil in the bottom 1/4 of the pot is not drying out then this can stop the roots taking in nutrients and this then looks like a nute def or lockout,

so overwatering is a major problem and often gives the impression the plant needs more or less nutrients or make it look like the ph is wrong, but if the soil is left to dry out then ph is never a problem, ive never had to adjust ph or had any major problems with the ph being in the wrong range, the only time i had problems was when my pots was not drying out in the bottom 1/4 and this gave me a cal/mag def, but in fact it was because the roots was not taking in the nutrients because of over watering,

im not saying this is whats going on with kings plants but i thought id mention it as over watering can cause the same effect on the plant, so you add more nutrients and it gets worse or you give less and it still gets worse, its only when the pot dries out that the probem goes away, plus i find it takes around 2 weeks for the roots to recover,

so ive seen many growers flush their plants thinking they got a problem such as cal/mag or ph issues then the problem dont get any better, then when the soil dries out and roots recover the problem goes away.

im sure king has an idea what it is and how to get it sorted,

one of the biggest issues i hav found for nute problems with soil is over watering, if the roots are over watered or the soil in the bottom 1/4 of the pot is not drying out then this can stop the roots taking in nutrients and this then looks like a nute def or lockout,

so overwatering is a major problem and often gives the impression the plant needs more or less nutrients or make it look like the ph is wrong, but if the soil is left to dry out then ph is never a problem, ive never had to adjust ph or had any major problems with the ph being in the wrong range, the only time i had problems was when my pots was not drying out in the bottom 1/4 and this gave me a cal/mag def, but in fact it was because the roots was not taking in the nutrients because of over watering,

im not saying this is whats going on with kings plants but i thought id mention it as over watering can cause the same effect on the plant, so you add more nutrients and it gets worse or you give less and it still gets worse, its only when the pot dries out that the probem goes away, plus i find it takes around 2 weeks for the roots to recover,

so ive seen many growers flush their plants thinking they got a problem such as cal/mag or ph issues then the problem dont get any better, then when the soil dries out and roots recover the problem goes away.

Great post! Actually think this could be the issue of one of my plants, gonna let it dry out until leaves start drooping :)

right. overwatering can kill roots, as can overfeeding. I swear we've got the best growers around on this website.

this is exactly why im letting my "tall" serious 6 dry out completely. it's taking forever, she's not happy and not drinking much, but I hope she'll get better as harvest's around the corner.

another telltale sign of overwatering or nitrate stress is the downward clawing leaves.

if you don't have the claw and you have a rusting issue, you've got a food/ph issue for sure.

classic calcium burn:
Bomb Seeds THC Bomb
Jamaica Seeds Blackout Kush

for some reason they put 12% calcium in miracle gro soil via slow release micromax nutes.. way overkill, literally.

kingjohns plants have the nitrate claw and they have highlighter burnt tips, which is why I suggest less food.

Back
Top Bottom