KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

PeakSeedsBC's Blueberry

"Pure Strain
Product code: BB
Type/subspecies*: Mostly indica
Flowering period**: 8-9 weeks indoor
Potency: Very Strong
Growth Pattern: Medium height, one main bud with some low branching. Feed conservatively.
Breeders comment: Flavourful and colourful, classic favourite.
Challenging, not for beginners. Can be very sensitive to over-fertilization. Occasional mutations at seedling stage. This strain does not come with a guarantee for germination. They may need assistance cracking open"

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Nirvana's AK48

"AK marijuana strains have been gaining popularity steadily since the mid-1990s. Our AK48 is one of the strongest early-finishing marijuana strains available anywhere. AK48 plants produce hard buds with an exceptional and penetrating aroma. The effect tends toward the 'high' commonly produced by Sativas. Although most marijuana growers will opt for a longer vegetative period to improve taste, under perfect conditions, AK48 may finish in as few as 48 days.

White Strain Yes
Feminized Seeds No
Medical Use No
Effect High (Head Trip, Cerebral Effect)
Flowering Period 7 - 9 weeks
Average Yield 400 - 500 g/m² in SOG
Flavor Sweet, Smooth
Plant Height Medium
Cultivation Indoor as well as Outdoor
Plant Type Hybrid"

I have found that when I used to germinate in paper towel my germination rates were not as good, also the taproots weaves themselves into the paper towel. Cannabis is a type of plant that the male to female germination rates are temperature dependent, the higher the temperature the more male plants. I no longer use a seedling heat mat when I germinate seeds.
:popcorn:

KJC,
I had to read this twice about "the male to female germination rates". My only experience with seeds have been the (5)querkle, (6)Ghost Train and the (5)space bomb. That was the hardest and I think the most expensive/loss I have ever had beside my first grow attempt. This is the first time about reading " the higher the temperature the more male plants". To help me understand growing from seeds because,:adore: everyone on the 420 make it look so bloody easy !!! Is this a personal opinion or data linked? I would like to try seeds agin after I get my mess under control. Locally the seeds range 5 for 45.00, 3 for 18 and 10 for 75.00(not mentioning companies/brand of seeds) I am terrified to order online. I don't know why, I am a card holder. From the start I have been reading ,on wonderful community of 420 journals, which companies appear to have the better susses rate and I understand this even varies by each grower. Your seedling is beautiful !!:dreamy:

Herbie's seeds rock!

How does a person choose seeds? Such a silly question to ask. I really want to try a few different indicas or more of a percentage on the indica side. I think for my issues that would be a good one for me. I just don't know or understand what is what. I have heard good things about Herbie's. Why do people not recommend feminized seeds? But, on the same side lots of tutorials on how to make them and people ranting and raving about how nice it is to have (for the most part) a female plant. I don't get it. My first try with seeds I believe it was 14 seeds only 6 survived and 3 were female. That was a HUGE loss and yes my gamble. YIKS :peace:

KJC,
I had to read this twice about "the male to female germination rates". My only experience with seeds have been the (5)querkle, (6)Ghost Train and the (5)space bomb. That was the hardest and I think the most expensive/loss I have ever had beside my first grow attempt. This is the first time about reading " the higher the temperature the more male plants". To help me understand growing from seeds because,:adore: everyone on the 420 make it look so bloody easy !!! Is this a personal opinion or data linked? I would like to try seeds agin after I get my mess under control. Locally the seeds range 5 for 45.00, 3 for 18 and 10 for 75.00(not mentioning companies/brand of seeds) I am terrified to order online. I don't know why, I am a card holder. From the start I have been reading ,on wonderful community of 420 journals, which companies appear to have the better susses rate and I understand this even varies by each grower. Your seedling is beautiful !!:dreamy:

I believe the information on cannabis sex being determined by temperature is in The Marijuana Growers Bible.

Here are some 420 Magazine links with information

Seeds - Female or Male - Can You Tell The Difference?

Can't Afford Feminized Seeds? Make Your Own

https://www.420magazine.com blogs feminised-cannabis-seeds

Increasing chances of female plants from standard seeds - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

How does a person choose seeds? Such a silly question to ask. I really want to try a few different indicas or more of a percentage on the indica side. I think for my issues that would be a good one for me. I just don't know or understand what is what. I have heard good things about Herbie's. Why do people not recommend feminized seeds? But, on the same side lots of tutorials on how to make them and people ranting and raving about how nice it is to have (for the most part) a female plant. I don't get it. My first try with seeds I believe it was 14 seeds only 6 survived and 3 were female. That was a HUGE loss and yes my gamble. YIKS :peace:

Most seed banks will tell you the percentage of indica/sativa if known in the description.

I did not know. I have been wanting to purchase The Marijuana Growers Bible. I don't like to sit at the PC all the time and read. I like to be able to sit back versus leaning forward. I will totally check out the links Thanks :)

KJC,

I had great luck with Herbies, but pay the extra 10 bucks for sleuth mode, I nad no problems and I am in a really tough state. :thumb:

Most seed banks will tell you the percentage of indica/sativa if known in the description.

If, you tell them what is personally wrong with yourself will they be able to point you in the right direction? It would seem to me that they should have some data on things by now.

Choosing plants is worse than buying a purse!!! :;):

I chose females and autos just cause I am new. I also chose mostly indicas because I have trouble sleeping. I would like to learn the rest, but my plate is full at this time. Female seeds are just easier, but my better half is interested in creating our owns seeds. I just don't know how hard that is. :peace:

I had great luck with Herbies, but pay the extra 10 bucks for sleuth mode, I nad no problems and I am in a really tough state. :thumb:

I will have to go online and check them out
I have to say this. I love you quote :high-five:

If, you tell them what is personally wrong with yourself will they be able to point you in the right direction?

Most seed banks that I have visited do not have data on what strains help with certain conditions. The strains that help certain conditions would be a result of feedback, the type of feedback cannabis dispensaries receive.

I chose females and autos just cause I am new. I also chose mostly indicas because I have trouble sleeping. I would like to learn the rest, but my plate is full at this time. Female seeds are just easier, but my better half is interested in creating our owns seeds. I just don't know how hard that is. :peace:

I would like to try fem seeds. Have you had any issues with them. I have read stories of them being he/she's all kind of stuff. But it could have been the grower. I have sleep issues too. That is why I want to go with full or mostly indicas as well.

This journal is a very good read and awesome photos of what happens and how to.Check out Cannafan's adventures with Pollination Master Kush x White Widow

:circle-of-love:

Most seed banks that I have visited do not have data on what strains help with certain conditions. The strains that help certain conditions would be a result of feedback, the type of feedback cannabis dispensaries receive.

I went that rout. and when I asked my questions....OH maybe I should not have mentioned wanting to grow my own....Because they did not want to talk to me anymore. :hmmmm: I just thought of that.

If you are interested in creating your own feminized seeds you should read my KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

I went that rout. and when I asked my questions....OH maybe I should not have mentioned wanting to grow my own....Because they did not want to talk to me anymore. :hmmmm: I just thought of that.

I'm sure it's because they do not want any part of dealing with the laws in various other countries around the world. If they give you advice, they probably open themselves to liability. Much like going into a headshop and asking for a "Bong" or just mention the word MaryJane and they usually just walk away. Just my .02 cents.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the germinating seeds thing. I have wanted to try your way King ever since you posted it wasy back when but I do use the paper towel thing and I have had 100% germination and like you said once I did have one weave through the paper towel but I think that one was the Wild Thailand and I just cut that tiny piece of paper towel and planted it with the tap root in it and she never showed any problem with it and it is the only time that has happened. I have never used a heat mat I put them in a wet paper towel folded twice then put in in a zip lock baggie with a puff of air and put it a tin box in the secretary where it is cool and dark. I don't touch it for 72 hours and the last one was the baby OG and the tap root was the longest I have ever seen. I bet it was almost an inch and it had not grown into the paper towel material at all but any who I have had 100% germination rate doing this. I shouldn't mention the name of the seed bank I have gotten my seeds from because they are not a sponsor on 420. I found them before I found 420 but I really like them. They are very stealth without having to pay more for it and I have had 100% success with even there freebies. So either this method works well for me at least or I have been lucky and purchased healthy viable seeds or a combination of both. Just thought I would throw that in about not using the heat mat and putting her in a cool dark place. It works for me anyhow so I have yet to try using the rapid rooters except on garden lavender and they worked 100% germination on the lavender but figure with my MMJ seeds if it isn't broken I shouldn't try and fix it......:circle-of-love:

As I have said in other threads I do not understand the 'complicated' ways to start seeds, IMO it just gives more chance for errors, for example leaving seeds in germination area to long causing taproot to damp off.

I simply soak down some soil completely , or other medium, poke a 1/4-1/2" hole, drop seed in, cover, place under light, in. 4-5 days have a baby plant. I have planted probably 30-40 seeds in last year And only two not sprout, and both those from one batch of 3 so probably weak seeds(but the third one that sprouted is looking great at month old, flower bomb Kush)

Just my 2 cents.

I just drop seeds into some rockwool and stick the rockwool cubes into an active bubble bucket so they do not dry out. Presto, plants in several days. I do the same thing with clones. Scrape the bottom half inch of the clone, stick it into rockwool and drop them into a bubble bucket. Easy as pie. Whatever works for you is "The best way".

Back
Top Bottom