Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017: LED & CFL & Sun

Hi Kitty I pulled my plants out today and I think 1 of my mystrey seeds is a auto and the other 2 are fems. Yea still waiting on my Sour ds. to show sex. But all is good on this side of the pond.

It's early early here. I always wake up around 5-530am which insane considering I used to sleep until sunset.

I didn't know they mixed autos in when you buy those 'mystery' packs. Crazy! Well at least she is good at any light schedule... The reason I think it's odd they do that is an auto requires different treatment in the beginning... I.e. Going into its final pot from the start, no high stress training (usually), etc. but if she is going strong no harm no foul. I have always been interested in TRYING autos but don't like how much they cost for not being able to clone or breed... still just be interesting to watch!
XxKitty

I wasnt trying to buy a auto just the best buy 17 seeds for $60.00 5 being WW Fems. I messed with it bad but backed off. I have like 15 colas coming off it or bud sites plus everything on the bottom.

Finally seeing my little buds :) Funny, 11 days ago it took 8 plants to fill the space 5 plants take up today. Showing their sativa side...
420-magazine-mobile1766445554.jpg

Those are 18Liter ( 5 gallon) rounds in there. 30cm across means technically 9 can go in a 1x1x2 tent... I had 8... 3 were males. I just went perpetual and have four sprouts in my veg cabinet... so we will see just how crowded it can get in there as there will be some overlap... 9 full size sativa in 5 gallons no way but 5 near harvest and 4 fresh out of veg should fit... we shall see... . The bigger the pot the bigger the plant and I am a sativa gal... I can get plenty of good hash here in Italy that will give me a lovely nap but I'm dying to taste that sativa buzz again .

Those are 18Liter ( 5 gallon) rounds in there. 30cm across means technically 9 can go in a 1x1x2 tent... I had 8... 3 were males. I just went perpetual and have four sprouts in my veg cabinet... so we will see just how crowded it can get in there as there will be some overlap... 9 full size sativa in 5 gallons no way but 5 near harvest and 4 fresh out of veg should fit... we shall see... . The bigger the pot the bigger the plant and I am a sativa gal... I can get plenty of good hash here in Italy that will give me a lovely nap but I'm dying to taste that sativa buzz again .

Yeah, agreed. I like indica, but it's kind of a dime a dozen. Especially since I live in a legal state and everybody and their mother is growing now, everybody wants the fast finishing strains. A nice sativa is becoming a rarity.

I actually really miss the old Mexican stuff I use to get. Not sure if it was Michochan or Guerrero, but I know it was some kind of landrace strain the cartel took up here and started cultivating in our forrests. The shit was garbage honestly, but still gave me a more "heady" high than most of the super crystally good indica that started to flood the market. I'd end up smoking a bowl of some Purple Kush and not be as high as you would smoking a bowl of Mexican brick weed.

I have some nice sativas I want to try too, but I have a 6 plant limit and it's kind of like... It's nice having peace of mind not worrying about legality, but trying to do anything perpetual with just 6 plants is hard. But yeah I got a second tent and am trying that out too. I got Ace strains...

Golden Tiger F1
Panama x Malawi
and Bangi Haze

I'm most excited for the bangi haze because it's a 70/30 sativa dominant hybrid, but finishes in 9-10 weeks instead of like the 14-16 that the other two call.

The girls look amazing, you must be a good mother cause those are some happy, healthy babies! There's so much i wanted to comment on but it was way in the beginning of the journal, anyway I'll definitely be watching this grow, looking forward to seeing those nice juicy buds! Oh and in the first couple pages someone asked if you quit smoking and your response made me laugh insanely hard because i tell my mom the same thing when she tells me to quit smoking, i just tell her it's all i got left lol

Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

Hey Guys!!! Quick update!

@Guru02 ... Any sprouts yet?? I have 4... well now 3 new babies in my veg cabinet! Unfortunately the white widow didn't make it! Wtf?!?!? I do have two legit Jack Herer reg sprouts (no idea what phenotype though and there are many) and one feminized RQS Amnesia Haze that came as a freebie with my white widow. So it's sativa central with the new batch :)

@TheFertilizer I used roll with middies ALL THE TIME. In high school it was always 'Kind Bud'... actually haven't heard sensi called that in a long time! Lol. But after I started meeting more people and becoming a regular smoker... Mids was just fine by me... it would be loaded with seeds but it was good bud... just packaged and trimmed commercially so it looked like shit. But somewhere around the year I graduated high school... 2006ish supposed 'kind bud' rose to near 400 bucks a oz. I paid 225 and oz in high school. Couldn't do it anymore ... so I just rolled blunts of mids with friends most of the time. As I mentioned, I went perpetual and have two reg Jack Herer sprouts and one amnesia haze sprout. I lost my white widow... she just dudded out on me and that was as indica as I was willing to get... so I'm a sativa gal and sativas like me... it's a mutual relationship ;) Cant wait to see those nice genetics of yours though!! I'm still working my charms to get free seeds from local breeders... and now considering that white widow was the only seed I ever actually paid for... I think I'll stick to messing around with my freebies a bit longer...

@LaidBackLeo87 I definitely had a very hard time in the earlier chapters of my journal but everything is under control and mighty fine! Thanks for stopping by... you got here just in time to see the real show! I was thinking about growing a tabacco plant for the hell of it... haven't researched it... but organic tabaccco sounds good in theory .

Today the girls finally dried out enough for a feed. I think I could have held off on switching to flower a little longer because I have a feeling the girls still had some work to do filling those 5 gallons with roots. My last water was a plain water till runoff and it took them about a week to get dry enough to my liking. That being said I like to push my plants... once the soil starts pulling from the sides of the pot, that's when I water and it's worked well for me so far. It's hard because they definitely slow down on top to focus on finding the water below but then when I water/feed them again they absolutely EXPLODE!

Today was amazing. I fed with half strength BioBizz Grow and Bloom. Then I used their bud booster (TopMax) separately at quarter strength. BioBizz recommends you feed with your base nutes first, wait 30 min, and then water with topmax for best results. It's kind of a pita to figure out the math to break down the feed but the results have been just outstanding.

I have had a wonderful run with BioBizz. From their soilmix to their nutrient regimen.... They are organic and vegan. (Please don't judge me I am a millennial vegan). My pets aren't vegan... I don't go that far. I honestly didn't know BB was vegan until after I purchased the line but I did know they are one of the few organic nutrients certified organic with nearly every credible organization. It's much harder to get organic certification in multiple countries and BB goes the extra step.

I fed them around noon and laid down for a quick nap. This is what I woke up to....

420-magazine-mobile1150654646.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2129493049.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2146477938.jpg

I'm not going to go wild with the photos because I like saving them for the weekly journal entries for 'wow factor' . but I was just so impressed by their reaction to this feed in only two hours!!

Hope everyone is well and ready for tomorrow!!! I got my smoke... wish I had enough trim for brownies but... by next year I'll be bathing in it ;)

XxKitty

Oh man you have me reminiscing here. I graduated high school in 2006 and it was all about good mids and the occasional super over priced kind bud. Now that I think about it I haven't herd kind bud since probably 2006 haha. As for the seeds, I have 3 sprouts!! 1 lemon haze, 1 berry bomb, and 1 white widow popped up last night! So excited! The white widow looks a bit sad though and I hope she makes it.

Guru thanks for that making me feal real old:thumb: Kitty I have to through out my plan with this auto from what I have read they need 18/6 still have room in the tent for now need a new plan going forward. Just stressing I will get it right with a new plan.
happygrowing

So I skated past my two week in flower update. I'm a day late. Honestly, with 4/20 this week, I woke up this morning and when I noticed it was Sunday after opening my laptop... I was like wtf... I didn't even know it was the weekend yet... oops.

So 15 days into flower and everything is going steady. Minor adjustments but everything is pretty much falling into place.

I had been wanting to raise my plants off of the floor for a while because I have tile floors. It's been unusually cold for the season. Vineyards have lost entire heirloom vines. Grapes aren't annuals... some vines are cultivated for years and years for the finest wines. Italy is farmland... luscious land and a lot of people have been hurt by late frosts here.

So with this frigid spring my cold tile floors are probably pulling down the temp of my root zones. I have had to water this BioBizz all mix very infrequently and I even added 30% perlite. So in these largest pots, I drilled an additional hole 5 holes per pot in the bottom of the hoping to get a little more air through the soil.

Walking my dog past the dumpsters/recycling bin often brings me surprises... I swear I'm not a dumpster diver but if someone sets something aside like 4 clean plastic fruit crates that will fit perfectly and raise my plants off the ground by a perfect 8cm... I'm game. I brought them in, sprayed em down with a bleach water mix, wiped 'em down and arranged them accordingly in my tent.

I pulled my lamp up and equal distance. I also decided to give my 2nd phenotypers a leg up (two of my plants are different in structure and stature) so I found two small boxes for them to keep the canopy more even.

420-magazine-mobile355369805.jpg

This 'stretch' everyone talks about in flower hasn't been as drastic as I expected ... maybe it's because I'm in a 2 meter tent... but my plants have grown a lot more outwards than upwards.... with very little stretch in internodal spacing. Just general overall growth. They really were showing me a sativa flare at the end of veg but again they are confusing me... a fine hybrid whatever it is. But I am looking at way less than 200% stretch. I read about it. Im lucky that my conditions are pretty dialed in for a first grow ONLY because I got lucky and have a mini split thermostat controlling my ac/heat/humidity with no effort on my part. The flowering RH rests consistently at 40% and my plants are always at 25 during the day and always at 20 at night. I still have one week of supposed stretch left... I hope they get a little taller... I accounted for it.

After my first real feed last week I realized my soil was a bit compacted. I admit I manhandled these 5 gallons a bit... especially when they are freshly watered. I may have forced the soil to compact a bit too much and so I did some work with a shish kabob skewer. I poked it through the drain holes I drilled and the top of the soil as well. The skewer is very small... I'm doing a worms work ;) I'm gentle and if I feel any tension that feels like a root I deviate. I did this once.. about three days ago and it really helped. The plants are drying out much more evenly now.

So they will be getting plain feed tomorrow. Well, my EC is 315ppm so they never get truly plain water. I have been so lucky to have this magic water. No cal mag issues... even under led and with organic nutes! I swear it's that mountain water!

Oh... with the even canopy I've been experimenting with dropping the Mars... I know in flower they say you can get as close as 18 inches... but I haven't got there yet...

I do pull fan leaves all the time and with this strain I couldn't imagine not doing so. It's daily maintenance. Anywhere from 3-10 leaves a day. I always leave at lest 6 major fan leaves at the top of every stalk but... my plants would be all leaves by now if I didn't. I see people with plants with completely different structures than mine. Defoliation is controversial but if you look at my canopy you would NEVER THINK those are plants that get defoliated heavily.

I do have a second grow I haven't published my journal on yet. I have 3 seedlings and I mention it now because I took clones from these ladies in flower. I took the branches at the base of my most beautifully structured plants. The cuts I took were bottom branches that hadn't yet truly converted all the way to flower because they weren't getting light. I would have pulled these anyway in my last Defol/lollipop next weekend. I think I took 8. I have more seeds but... with seeds come males AND that secondary phenotype I am not the biggest fan of. But that you can read about it my new journal... I'll probably finish it up tomorrow.

Some pics... I think they look great for only 15 days since flipping the lights. Buds already packing...
420-magazine-mobile1719951145.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1197730782.jpg
420-magazine-mobile564601546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom