Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017: LED & CFL & Sun

Yah this is my first scrog - and it's looks good but the net keeps leaving burns on some leaves - I think it's from the fans moving the air so much - i used to think they were bite marks from a pest but it only happens on the side touching the net - that and the fact that I can't take them out of the tent for close inspection are my only cons - although pretty annoying ones .
I've always fed right at or just before lights on because I've always read that they don't use any nutes when the lights are off, so best to give them at "breakfast" lol.
But your room looks gorgeous we are neck & neck.....
420-magazine-mobile241428064.jpg

Looks like a really good grow. Nice work!

Lots to learn from this thread :goodjob:

Sure... I'll pull em out and give you an photographs so you have and idea what I did. My plants are fairly squat so I only took the bottom quarter at first not the bottom third... but over time I've taken more...
I'd definitely appreciate it, I'm more of a visual/hands on learner, i could read and read and still not understand something lol i guess I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed .

I honestly feel like your defoliation/lollipoping guide should have its own thread, i feel like beginning growers would really find it helpful!

I like writing very much so thank you for the compliment!!!! Nonetheless I don't feel comfortable posting informational guides unless someone asks me... like you did. I will say I am well read but I lack the experience necessary to publish authoritative educational material. That is why I am so critical of the thousands of uninformed wannabe YouTube Grow experts. That is why I post on forums with thousands of eyes that can correct me should I be misinformed.

After asking a user whose journal I had been participating in if his white pots were opaque enough to block light from penetrating the roots, Hippie66 told me "I don't comment on anyone else's grow unless I know what I'm talking about, thus I don't post much. I'm not looking for advice from a first time grower who is only interested in seeing her name on the screen"

So while you may find my posts helpful... others may find them contrary and useless. I write because I enjoy it... not for notoriety so I am fine devoting the time to explain something clearly to those who ask but not everyone wants things explained..

After I have a few grows under my belt I will try to get into writing guides. My limited experience growing under floros in my closet in college and one good run makes me no expert... but once I learn something myself... I find it easy to break it down and help others.

I do appreciate the sentiment Leo... and I have no problem helping you if you need anything else! Im a grow guru in training.... so helping you in all actuality ends up helping me!!! Luckily, anything that I spend a decent amount of time writing... like the lollipop guide... I save so I can use it in future tutorials should I choose to write my marijuana memoirs ;)

Ooh I like that.... "The Marijuana Memoirs" ././.

There... now no one can steal it.

XxKitty

Re: Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

I like writing very much so thank you for the compliment!!!! Nonetheless I don't feel comfortable posting informational guides unless someone asks me... like you did. I will say I am well read but I lack the experience necessary to publish authoritative educational material. That is why I am so critical of the thousands of uninformed wannabe YouTube Grow experts. That is why I post on forums with thousands of eyes that can correct me should I be misinformed.

After asking a user whose journal I had been participating in if his white pots were opaque enough to block light from penetrating the roots, Hippie66 told me "I don't comment on anyone else's grow unless I know what I'm talking about, thus I don't post much. I'm not looking for advice from a first time grower who is only interested in seeing her name on the screen"

So while you may find my posts helpful... others may find them contrary and useless. I write because I enjoy it... not for notoriety so I am fine devoting the time to explain something clearly to those who ask but not everyone wants things explained..

After I have a few grows under my belt I will try to get into writing guides. My limited experience growing under floros in my closet in college and one good run makes me no expert... but once I learn something myself... I find it easy to break it down and help others.

I do appreciate the sentiment Leo... and I have no problem helping you if you need anything else! Im a grow guru in training.... so helping you in all actuality ends up helping me!!! Luckily, anything that I spend a decent amount of time writing... like the lollipop guide... I save so I can use it in future tutorials should I choose to write my marijuana memoirs ;)

Ooh I like that.... "The Marijuana Memoirs" ././.

There... now no one can steal it.

XxKitty

I'm more of a talker then a writer, face to face i can (and usually do), talk to anybody about anything. Please do excuse how simple i put things sometimes but i gotta say i like your style, always informative and willing to help, but won't fill our heads with bullshit. And because my memories shot and i have little to no patience i pulled up your guide on my phone and screenshot the whole thing now it will stay in my grow folder and I'll have a quick reference! I like "marijuana memoirs" for some reason it makes my think of "the basketball diaries" love that movie.

Re: Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

Looks great!

Took the girls out into natural light because my mommy wanted to see them not under pink light. She comes to spend her summers here with me and has some pretty serious pain so I don't know if she is more excited to see me or the buds!

She has been shopping/ comparing the different trim trays available for us. Considering she spends AT LEAST 150 bucks a week on weed... she is going to be helping me buy grow stuff to compensate me a little :)

But the buds are so beautiful... I thought I'd share them here too!

420-magazine-mobile814060712.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1422149882.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1411094052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile500745191.jpg

And this is only 4 weeks of flower!!! Going to have mad swell before harvest in 5 or so weeks! So freaking excited!!!

XxKitty

Wow, those are looking fantastic! It's wonderful to hear your mom is on board to support growing. You can definitely grow it better, cheaper, and specific strains she likes. It's a win all around. :cheer:

Kitty's First Grow Spring 2017 - LED & CFL & Sun

Wow, those are looking fantastic! It's wonderful to hear your mom is on board to support growing. You can definitely grow it better, cheaper, and specific strains she likes. It's a win all around. :cheer:

Yes. My mother was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when she was 23. She is in her 50s and has two hip replacements, both of her feet fused, and pain everyday.

She too was effected by the pharmaceutical opiate epidemic in the US. She got off them when I was in college... when she asked me for the first time if I could buy her some pot.

We love to smoke together... I'm an only child. We are very close so it's hard to live 3,500 miles away... but she is a teacher so she gets to come spend her whole summer here with me.

Italian site seeing is much more fun with a box full of joints... we went to see the counting crows play over on the other coast last summer... we have fun...

After being clean 4 years it's great to have a happy healthy relationship with my family... my father makes it for the month of August too. Millennial family... my parents don't live together but they have a better relationship than when they did. They aren't divorced... just apart. Then we all come together for the month of August like a good Italian family :)

XxKitty

Back
Top Bottom