Ktra's First Grow

What's in the 30ml? Want to get a better idea at the grow/bloom ratio you're using to enhance the flower production. In flower stage you want to decrease grow (nitrogen) and increase bloom (phosphorous and potassium). From the bud production they don't look ready. Let them grow out to 7th week and then look at the trichome to check for cloudy/amber. Most strain finishes within 8-10 weeks. 4 weeks is still only half way.

Three plants should work. Are you thinking of upgrading the lights, and expanding the grow space? Trying different method or using the same?

I looked at the pistils and it looks like they are starting to turn amber. I tried to get some close up shots. Hopefully this will show better. I don't think they will have big buds because of the root disturbance they have experiences three times. The last time being the worse because I had to cut some.

I left the pictures a bit bigger this time only scaling them down 50%.

This is the tall one.

TallPistils.jpg

This is the Smaller LST

SmLSTPistils.jpg

This is the Short plant

SM1Pistils.jpg

This is the larger LST

LgLSTPistils.jpg

Three plants should work. Are you thinking of upgrading the lights, and expanding the grow space? Trying different method or using the same?

Forgot about this, I plan to do most of it the same, I am going to get a smaller grow space and move the lights closer. This box was way too big. But I will stil use dirt and the same nutes as I am now. But if I can get something I can clone, I will experiment with Hydro.

Are you using both or just the bloom? The label recommend using only the bloom nute for flowering plants. Your girls are looking good. Lots of trichome production already. Good sign for dank material.

I am just using the bloom now. I used the veg at first. when I switched to 12/12 I changed to bloom.

Do they look good? That's awesome. I am nervous about the harvest because I am looking to harvest earlier to get the cerebral high, which I prefer most of the time. I lucked out with all four being girls, I hope I am as lucky the next time. :)

Oh man, I'm so anxious right now I just wanna cut them down and smoke them up. LOL

How long is the curing process and does anyone think it would be ok to smoke a sample before the curing? Also, does anyone have any opinions of harvesting in pieces? I read that the buds mature from the top down so when the cona (? top bud) is ready you can cut it and leave the others on for a few days.

You got the luck! 4 girls from 4 regular seeds is great. I'm actually wanting some males and been getting females...what a nightmare! ;}

Give these another 4 weeks, they will be almost ready by then, still have to check the trichome using a 30x-100x lope for cloudy/amber ratio. The trichome will let you know when it's ripe, for now let them get more dense.

Curing process can take anywhere between 1week to 1 month, and a really good cure takes months. Yes, you can take a piece to sample before the cure, however the quality will not be the same as cured buds since most of the chemical has not been converted or clear out.

If you have the space and time harvesting in layers is good. Top cola gets taken down first, then a few weeks later the rest. That's what I'm doing right now for the scrog just harvested the tops and will clean out the rest in few weeks letting it get swollen a bit more.

Hey Guys, I try to upload pics every Friday, so here are the latest ones. In some of the pics the flash really shows the trichomes.

PA140107.jpg

PA140106.jpg

PA140104.jpg

IMGA0005.JPG

IMGA0004.JPG

IMGA00031.JPG

IMGA0002.JPG

IMGA0001.JPG

Hey Guys, Got some good pics. I told one other person about my grow. A friend who had grown himself in the past. I got a jewelers loop from him to inspect the buds. I taped the loop to my cell phone and took some pics of the trichomes. :)

2011-10-25_14_35_57.jpg

2011-10-25_14_34_11.jpg

2011-10-25_14_32_06.jpg

2011-10-25_14_29_54.jpg

2011-10-25_14_30_44.jpg

2011-10-25_14_31_41.jpg

2011-10-25_14_26_19.jpg

2011-10-24_18_41_33.jpg

2011-10-24_18_41_19.jpg

2011-10-24_18_40_23.jpg

So u think another 8 weeks of flowering? I clipped off the bud of the smallest plant I think I'm going to pit that one back into veg state.

So u think another 8 weeks of flowering? I clipped off the bud of the smallest plant I think I'm going to pit that one back into veg state.

You have one in 12/12? Can you put one from 12/12 back to veg with-out it messing up the plant? I've never heard a that..but then there's lots I haven't heard of.

You can, but there is a possibility it will turn into a hermaphrodite. I ended up not doing it anyway.

These plants are still motoring along. I will try to post some pics in the next few days. My little guys are growing nicely. Will post a bout them in my other thread.

I know I haven't posted much, but not much has changed. However, I finally cut them down today and put them in a paper bag in the closet. Here are the pics I took today. I peeled off the leaves before drying.

This is the non-LST plant

2011-12-04_15_23_52.jpg

PC040138.JPG

This is the large LST plant

2011-12-04_15_25_10.jpg

PC040139.JPG

This is the small LST plant
2011-12-04_15_25_24.jpg

PC040137.JPG

This is all three after some of the leaves were taken off.

PC040141.JPG
PC040142.JPG

Thanks, I am about to finish this stuff (I've bought since also) and it was pretty good. After this grow I learned I need to pay closer attention to the watering and nutes. I could have gotten a better yield if I did. I am also not going to transplant next time (which I am about to start the third grow) and I am sticking with dirt because I screwed up my second grow majorly. I'm about to get some seeds growing today so I thought I would post to close this off. Going to start a new thread for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom