Kundal1n1's - Soil - Multi-Strain - 2016

Very good Kundal! Glad you got that figured out so quickly. Some strains can tend to take a little more heat than others, some just plain don't like it at all. I keep my small circulation fan running 24 hours myself, I figure it can't hurt anything and will help not get any moist areas on or around the plants. This fan only blows around my buckets but is still able to keep the air moving around over night since I don't have an exhaust fan yet.
Keep up the good work, I'm almost positive you will get at least 2 females out of this batch! Take care my friend

Day 17.

Watered lightly with solution of ormus, kelp and 1/3 strength fertilizer.
The black gold soil retains a lot more water because of the peat base. Makes watering (and slacking) easier.
I realized I hadn't put the timer on the air circulation fan. Lol.
You can also see I ran into troubles with Solara. It's doing better now.
It seems like the freebies are different strains from one another. Solara has long fine leaves where as Luna has thicker leaves.
The blue mystics are just gorgeous IMO.
Anyways here's some pics. :)

20160517_234416-1.jpg

20160517_234258-1.jpg

20160517_234157-1.jpg

20160517_234132-1.jpg

20160517_234050-1.jpg

Looking great over there Kundal! Looks like these babies are progressing very nicely. Can't wait to see the next update and look at how much they've grown. Keep up the good work my friend!

Day 22.

Coming home after a 4 day camping trip, I am greeted with the welcoming sight of 4 beautiful and healthy plants.
Before I left I watered them and raised the lights 2 inches. Seems like they had a good time. They grew almost into the bulbs lol. They didn't seem to mind.
It's time for me to start doing crowd control lol. Topping and lst.
And giving them the room they need to grow even bigger. Lots of things to do. Im happy.

Junglelixious
2016-05-23_22_59_13.jpg

Thanks for checking in buddies. Hope all is well in your world. Solara condition has worsened. She is showing signs of deficiency of some sort. I'll have to do some research as to what that might be. I'll post a pic later.

Indeed, let us know what you find out and post some pictures :) If anything maybe we can help out. I will check back in the morning to see if you posted anything. Girls look pretty healthy for being gone 4 days, amazing how we can just up and leave in a climate controlled environment. Keep up the good work my friend!

Indeed, let us know what you find out and post some pictures :) If anything maybe we can help out. I will check back in the morning to see if you posted anything. Girls look pretty healthy for being gone 4 days, amazing how we can just up and leave in a climate controlled environment. Keep up the good work my friend!

Haha absolutely. Gotta love timers. :)

Forgot to take a picture of Solara. Too tired now.
I did however expand the space. Well, it's under construction really. Still have to fix the door. And the walls.
And figure out exhaust/cooling. I left the door open for now. I'm sure the plants will survive the night. Spent about three hours renovating and upgrading.
The grow space is now doubled.. pretty sweet I must say. 4 ft by 4 ft by 4 ft.
The v2.0 is coming along. Just too tired to finish it. It's 1.37 am.. so yeah.
Tomorrow I'll do some more work and fix the walls properly, add mylar and install the exhaust.

Oh and also, I topped all of them.

2016-05-25_01_26_07.jpg

2016-05-25_01_26_41.jpg

Expanding is always fun. I would love more room but I'm confined to 2 tents. I can kinda see Solara are you talking about her leaves slightly folding? She doesn't look bad from afar but I've been fooled by that before lol. Keep up the good work and good luck getting your area finished up

Expanding is always fun. I would love more room but I'm confined to 2 tents. I can kinda see Solara are you talking about her leaves slightly folding? She doesn't look bad from afar but I've been fooled by that before lol. Keep up the good work and good luck getting your area finished up

Yeah totally. She does look okay from a distance. It's mostly some curling and spotting of the leaves.
I posted a picture below here.

Here's a picture of Solara's leaves.
I'm not sure what that might be. Any help is appreciated.
I'll do some research when I have some time today.
I took a picture of a leaf that has it bad, but really it's all around. With the leaves sides curling upwards.

2016-05-25_09_49_09.jpg

I would have to say myself this is the early stages of calcium deficiency with the brown rusty spots. Is it mostly happening on the lower leaves and not affecting the top at all? Are any of the top leaves curling like these as well? I had this happen to my Amnesia #2 if you recall before I did my defoliation. I was sort of struck between 2 deficiencies, Calcium and potassium. I ruled out that I did not have potassium issues because I didn't have any leaves curling up. Also with potassium it seems to affect the outside edges of the leaves first with the same rust looking spots.
The spots on your leaves are more scattered throughout the whole leaf rather than spread along the edges like I have seen in pictures of potassium deficiency so this is where I narrowed it down to calcium def. My leaves were the same way as yours, you should be able to correct this with whichever nutrient of yours carries the majority of the calcium. Just be aware that upping one nutrient to fix something usually means lowering another one, unless you will be adding calmag to fix the issue.
Hope this helps you out my friend!

Sorry, I forgot to touch more on the curling leaves part.. Try re-checking your ph of the feed going in as well as checking the runoff to see what it is coming out at and let me know what you are at. Also, do you know what your temperatures were at while you were away? I am just trying to decide if the curling leaves have to do with the calcium deficiency or not. I have read that calcium deficiency can also come along with other deficiencies like magnesium and iron, or possibly other ones as well. So a big thing to check would be your ph levels so that you know that your plants are able to take up the proper nutrients. Nutrients will get taken in at different ph levels.

Right, I don't have a ph meter.
I'll get one. :)
One thing I know works for calcium on plants is eggshells. The cheapest solution I could find lol.
Behold a jar of eggshell dust! Someone's going to get a top dressing tonight...

2016-05-25_21_27_12.jpg

Thanks for the help dick23rk. I looked at some pictures and descriptions online and indeed it is calcium.
As to the ph you're probably right again. :) hugs

Glad I could be of some help. Now lets just hope that those eggshells make a difference. I have never tried anything like that but I also am not growing in soil. Will be nice to see what sort of outcome you get with this :)

Glad I could be of some help. Now lets just hope that those eggshells make a difference. I have never tried anything like that but I also am not growing in soil. Will be nice to see what sort of outcome you get with this :)

Hehehe. Me neither actually. :)
But I know it works well in the vegetable garden so yes it's kinda an experiment. :) have a good day buddy.

Back
Top Bottom