Kundal1n1's - Soil - Multi-Strain - 2016

Yay, we have babies!! I guess I didn't miss to much yet while I wasn't on here for like 4 or 5 days this week. May these wonderful babies turn out to be some big beautiful ladies. :) Keep up the good work my friend!

Yes I feel more relaxed with them this grow. Kinda just letting them do their thing. Been busy with work too. How are things over there?

by the way loving the names! lol and cant wait for an update! I bet theyve shown some good growth! are u planning on using any type of nutes? root stimulators? anything extra adding to the soil or feedings?

Yes I feel more relaxed with them this grow. Kinda just letting them do their thing. Been busy with work too. How are things over there?

Good to hear. I as well have been busy with work, things sort of picked up all at once. Things are going good over here though, plants are thriving as they should. Just the one Amnesia is having some deficiency problems, working on that at the moment. Otherwise all is well, thanks for asking!

Day 8.
Good growth the plants are liking their environment. I watered them with kelp concentrate and ormus.
The fox farm soil has some nutrients in it.
It's going to be transplanting time soon.
Enjoy and thanks for watching!

2016-05-09_23_37_04.jpg
2016-05-09_23_38_50.jpg
2016-05-09_23_39_40.jpg
2016-05-09_23_37_51.jpg
2016-05-09_23_40_33.jpg

Ahh, you will do fine Kundal! Your last grow was great my friend, you just got unlucky with the boys, it happens. These ones are coming along great as well. I noticed a couple of curling leaves on 2 of them, Solara and Luna. Did this happen on the previous grow at all? Possibly caused by heat? Or maybe just something the first set of true leaves do? Just curious to if you noticed or figured out what it was :) Keep up the good work, they're doing fine.

Ahh, you will do fine Kundal! Your last grow was great my friend, you just got unlucky with the boys, it happens. These ones are coming along great as well. I noticed a couple of curling leaves on 2 of them, Solara and Luna. Did this happen on the previous grow at all? Possibly caused by heat? Or maybe just something the first set of true leaves do? Just curious to if you noticed or figured out what it was :) Keep up the good work, they're doing fine.

Yes the freebies leaves are curling. Possibly due to heatstress or not the greatest genetics. The blue mystics don't seem to be bothered by the temps. They like it a bit warmer. I have raised the lights an inch and made sure there is a good fan on the freebies as to help them with that. I think I also need to transplant them soon. Got lots of roots showing at the bottom of the pots. Cheers. Hope you are well dick23rk.

Yes the freebies leaves are curling. Possibly due to heatstress or not the greatest genetics. The blue mystics don't seem to be bothered by the temps. They like it a bit warmer. I have raised the lights an inch and made sure there is a good fan on the freebies as to help them with that. I think I also need to transplant them soon. Got lots of roots showing at the bottom of the pots. Cheers. Hope you are well dick23rk.

What are your temps and RH at day and night right now? Raising the light 1 inch may not help them a whole lot. Is the fan directly on the freebies or just blowing around them? Part of this could have been cause by the aluminum foil as well which will create hot spots in the room. Since it is not perfectly flat it will send more light to one area over another and create a hot spot unless there is a lot of air movement in your grow space. Just something to look into for the future since it also isn't as reflective as many may think as compared to mylar.

I would say go for the transplant right away then if your are showing roots at the bottom, no sense letting them wrap around the bottom layer of the cups. I find this way they will keep searching downward faster rather than possibly getting bound up at the bottom of the cup and taking longer to stretch out looking for water. More roots = more plant IMO :) Keep up the good work my friend!

Hmm Id have to check. Been really busy with work lately haven't been checking up on the plants as much.. I'm slacking.. hehe.. could it be a PH problem? Just did a little search.

I hear ya on the work side of things, I've been pretty busy myself the past month. And yes it is possible that it could be ph. Are you testing the feed mix after mixing nutrients? If you are and it's adjusted to where you need it for nutrient uptake in soil then I would try testing the ph of the soil itself to be sure. That is if you have a soil ph tester. I know that with my set up I can put in a feed mix that has a ph value of around 5.5 and in a day my reservoir is up to about 6.5 but I have also learned that it could be rising due to the plants taking in more nutrients than water and with less nutes and more water in the res my ph goes up. Soil I believe will hold ph balance better than hydro setups. Just some things to think about trying to look into. The more learning the more fun we get to have in the end right!

I hear ya on the work side of things, I've been pretty busy myself the past month. And yes it is possible that it could be ph. Are you testing the feed mix after mixing nutrients? If you are and it's adjusted to where you need it for nutrient uptake in soil then I would try testing the ph of the soil itself to be sure. That is if you have a soil ph tester. I know that with my set up I can put in a feed mix that has a ph value of around 5.5 and in a day my reservoir is up to about 6.5 but I have also learned that it could be rising due to the plants taking in more nutrients than water and with less nutes and more water in the res my ph goes up. Soil I believe will hold ph balance better than hydro setups. Just some things to think about trying to look into. The more learning the more fun we get to have in the end right!

Lol yes. My wife dropped the ph meter in a can of water and it died. Im going to get a new one though. I'm experimenting with using rainwater instead. Since that's a possibility for us these days lol. You were right. I felt this sense of urgency after reading your last post. So I went ahead and spent an hour with the plants. They really needed some care. :) update follows.
I'm hoping the weird leaves thing will subside. Bigger pots are better indeed, those little ones were getting as hard as a rock. They're not plastic, something else I'm not sure. Looks like organic pressed wood. It's strange but I thought they were cool.. and free. :)

What are your temps and RH at day and night right now? Raising the light 1 inch may not help them a whole lot. Is the fan directly on the freebies or just blowing around them? Part of this could have been cause by the aluminum foil as well which will create hot spots in the room. Since it is not perfectly flat it will send more light to one area over another and create a hot spot unless there is a lot of air movement in your grow space. Just something to look into for the future since it also isn't as reflective as many may think as compared to mylar.

I would say go for the transplant right away then if your are showing roots at the bottom, no sense letting them wrap around the bottom layer of the cups. I find this way they will keep searching downward faster rather than possibly getting bound up at the bottom of the cup and taking longer to stretch out looking for water. More roots = more plant IMO :) Keep up the good work my friend!

Temps with lights on; 78f. 50% RH
Temps with lights out; not sure my guess is around 64f with RH probably higher than 50%.

The transplant did great, the plants are feeling much better now. As for the mylar, I bought an emergency blanket that will cover the whole space once construction on the expansion is finished. (Again.. slacking)
So yes no more tin foil hats. Lol.

Temps with lights on; 78f. 50% RH
Temps with lights out; not sure my guess is around 64f with RH probably higher than 50%.

The transplant did great, the plants are feeling much better now. As for the mylar, I bought an emergency blanket that will cover the whole space once construction on the expansion is finished. (Again.. slacking)
So yes no more tin foil hats. Lol.

Yeah your humidity would likely be higher at night than during the day, unless you have exhaust fan running 24 hours or have a more climate controlled setup. With the size of my grow space I am glad I went with the white/black poly, able to block out light from both directions and it was very cost effective with the place I order my supplies from. It all takes time to build up and upgrade, we are both in the same boat lol. But we are still growing healthy plants regardless right? Keep up the good work my friend!

Day 15.

This morning I checked up on the plants and saw the leaves on Solara were cupping up. Djeez these freebies are giving me a hard time lol. I figured it was due to heatstress. So I moved the lights up an inch and hooked up the exhaust fan to a 9v supply instead of 5v. The flow was good enough during the winter because ambient temps were so low. Anyways that was a tested and stable setup. The fan is making more noise now. But temps have dropped from around 80f to 75f. Maybe the freebies will like that better. I'm a little stressed about the new voltage because I haven't tested it out yet. Hopefully the fan will hold out. I did figure I'd have to do this if I wanted to expand the space and add a carbon filter.
I sure hope the freebies recover a bit. Their leaves look weird. Curled and cupped. More so on Solara.

2016-05-16_08_47_20.jpg

Little update: I came back to check on the plants after the adjustments I made this morning and it seems to have an effect, it's working! The leaves are no longer curled up and are settled. I think it was a combination of heatstress and too much wind on them. I put the inside fan on a timer to blow some air around intermittently. Raises the lights an inch and powered up the exhaust fan.

Back
Top Bottom