Kushwestcoast's - Closet Grow OG Kush#18 - Purple Kush

Kushwestcoast

Hello everyone!, My name is Kushwestcoast and i am a first time grower, growing in my closet for personal use!. I recently received a nice gift from a departing friend, a nice 8 inch Purple kush plant in very nice condition(No bugs, 1 or 2 yellow leaves witch i trimmed off right away). I also received a nice 4 tube 4 foot fluorescent light already wired for 110v from my dad. I know what a nice guy! :D. I also have a 20w CFL light i bought from a hardware store( was thinking of making a cloning box with it). The plant was in a tiny container when i got it way undersized IMO. So off to the store i went and got myself a bag of Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil(I Figured it would help me from over-watering) the soil also contains a very weak nute base of 0.18/0.10/0.10(Thought of money saving by not having to mix a nute mix myself). So i now have the transplant DONE!, now the wait for recovery, so i can clone her :D. I plan on growing 4-6 plants. Enough to keep me and the wife smiling! :p. I hope you all can join me and my wife in this exciting, fun and learning experience!
Thanks
Kushwestcoast & Wife :morenutes:

Welcome to 420 Kushwestcoast!

PK is a fun strain to grow! It mostly always turns purple. You might need to upgrade the lighting if you want some hearty clones to cut off of though.. I use a 400w 8 tube T-5 light from Hydrofarm. It runs fairly cool and doesn't dent the power bill.

SAM_3607.JPG

Welcome to 420 Kushwestcoast!

PK is a fun strain to grow! It mostly always turns purple. You might need to upgrade the lighting if you want some hearty clones to cut off of though.. I use a 400w 8 tube T-5 light from Hydrofarm. It runs fairly cool and doesn't dent the power bill.

Thanks, i always wanted a purple kush plant!. As for the new lighting... i am pretty broke and cant afford much .. i got the 4 footer for free off my dad. Unless theres some unbelievable deal lol

There is not to much you can do in the closet except for running a piece of duct from a window with a fan or fans blowing in/out of the closet (or leave the door open). Plant is looking good though! You'll want to get some nutrients pretty soon. and you could of went for a bigger pot off the bat but you'll just have to transplant one more time :)

Hey, thanks for the post :D teSmp, i am thinking of starting my OG kush #18 seeds. Does anyone know if its ok to do so in the same area... or should i make a small seeding box with my 27w ottlight???(Just cardboard and tinfoil). Then identify sex, clone and then put in closet once i know i have a female? any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Kushwestcoast

You should be fine with doing them in the same area. If you are worried they are to strong kind of keep them off to the side for a few days but when they're looking good put them up on something so they don't stretch for the light.

I have heard quite a bit of good stuff about fox farms line of nutrients. However, when I switched over to this forum I saw all the grow journals with BPN or Blue Planet Nutrients in the title so I picked some up for myself. I can tell you they are much better then what I used the first time and they really seem to be flowering a whole lot quicker. Every single journal I have read seems to be in love with with the stuff, by the end of this grow I think I will be too. I have the 3 part and just ordered the liquid blue bloom booster yesterday. The owner is on this forum daily so he can answer any questions you have as well. blueplanetnutrients.com you will also notice how cheap he is compared to anything else on the market. :)
Thank you for your input teSmp. I am thinking of ordering some up! I'm heading over to their website now :D.
Thanks
Kushwestcoast

Back
Top Bottom