Kushwestcoast's - Closet Grow OG Kush#18 - Purple Kush

Whats good Kushwestcoast,

Well well well, Great Job on the decision to go with BPN :thumb: Great sponsor and always a great big help here in the forums. Allow me to introduce myself, I am General Astonr420 of the BPN Army and also 420 Support Staff here on :420:.

First off, you need to get the correct light spectrum for the plants. That is why your seedlings are doing such a huge stretch, they are looking for that Blue spectrum that they get naturally outdoors in the beginning of the season. You have the Red spectrum which is 2700K (Soft white bulbs), we use that for flowering brotha. So unless you are planning a 12/12 grow from seeds. Then you want to change those bulbs over to 6500K (Blue or Daylight bulbs)

Next, I am not seeing a fan in the room? do you have a fan blowing on the seedlings to make the stems get nice and strong? I see something that looks like a fan, but to me it looks more like a heater fan type deal...

Lastly, your soil... You should always try and stay away from MG, not a good soil to use with cannabis, don't get me wrong, it will do the job just fine, but because it has preloaded nutes, you never know exactly what you are feeding your babies. No worries brotha, don't feel bad, I used the exact same thing on my very first grow as well... And I had to read this exact message... LOL, I now use a soil that was highly recommended against by a member here, but I have found that I have had nothing but success with it... and a fail when I tried something else. Spent 20 bucks on a bag of soil (Fox Farms Happy Frog) and it just didn't do good for me, so I went back to my soil of choice and again, success. I use a soil that is fairly cheap but is great for growing I think IMHO. The brand of soil that I have been using is Supersoil, you can get it at Home Depot, it is only 4 bucks for a small bag, and 7 bucks for 2cf bag.

After someone had said it was bad soil, I switched to the FFHF, like I said, FAIL, and then back to my soil. Love this soil, it is even recommended in this thread: Joys of Growing

Anyways, I am here now, please feel free to PM me of any questions you might have, or even post em here for easy review for later times, I am now subbed here.

When you get your BPN products, make sure to take pix. Then I will add you to the BPN Army Blog.

I look forward on seeing you in the battle field brotha recruit. :thumb:

Also, you should think about adding your journal to your signature brotha, you will start getting more traffic in your journal. I have a detailed photo tutorial of how to do this.
Posting to your signature

:peacetwo:

That will be to far from the canopy, rule of thumb, if you can hold your hand under the light for over a minute without being bothered by the heat. Your plants will be fine.

Try to keep the canopy temp range within the 80's and you will be fine brotha, I am sure you have a ventilation hooked up for that...

Sunshine Advanced? I think that is a soilless mixture if i'm not mistaken. I am not 420% sure on how to use soiless, let me look around and see what I can dig up on that for you brotha.

nope no light meter... but i put my hand just above the seedlings and it felt warm when i moved it down 1 /12 feet. Its still a little cold around here (bc canada). i have had a heater running this whole time and now i can't plug ma heater in lol the breaker blows every time since i plugged my fan in... i think i am going to go run another cord underground just for my light. Then run my heater and fan off the other plug.

If anything you can rely on your light to heat things up. :thumb:

And if you have a Droid Smartphone, go to your Market do a search for Light Meter.

There are 2 different programs that use your photosensor on your phone to show light levels.

Wow, thanks for all your help today man! I diddnt even realize i was using that light lol... everything is all good now i got 2 heaters in there things are finaly heating up :bravo: i got the light meter program downloading right now!! i will post again when i get some numbers :D in a few min.
If anything you can rely on your light to heat things up. :thumb:

And if you have a Droid Smartphone, go to your Market do a search for Light Meter.

There are 2 different programs that use your photosensor on your phone to show light levels.

The LUX is what you looking for. Your good brotha... thats at the top of the plant correct? you wanna check the lower branches also, you can determine what leaves you need to trim.

Yep, That's the top of the plant. Again, i would like to thank you Astonr420 for all you wonderful help :D. I will do another test tomorrow. They are all just seedlings still, except a few small clones.. i took 6 clones and 2 lived... i really would like to build a aero bucket bubble cloner, if anyone has the specs or know how please, i would love to learn how to make one! just a small one, enough for 6-8 plants.

Here is a guide that has been put together by one of our members, if you have any questions for the cloner, Ask him. Very knowledgeable brotha that one is.

420fied's DIY 50 site Aero Cloner

And no problem on the help my brotha, it's what I am here to do.

I am building one of them cloners man WOW. i cloned 8 clones and 4 lived.... i just used dirt though snip and into the jar of water, into the rooting gel then right into the dirt lol. No wonder i have had such a failures cloning... its WAS my crude methodology... but whats learning without failure right? Thank you Astonr420, you have saved my butt for the 3rd or 4th time today!

Looking good Kush, you got a 1000 watter? Weren't we debating early on in your journal about getting an HID or were you always planning on it? your plant looks good and nice you got a few clones off it!

SAM_3859.JPG
SAM_3864.JPG

Back
Top Bottom