Landrace Genetics 101

BIG SUR HOLY WEED from KAGYU
coastal seeds reproduction ready to go into 3Gallon pots today.
GREEN MOUNTAIN GRAPE AND BSHW 038.JPG
GREEN MOUNTAIN GRAPE AND BSHW 043.JPG

Nev haze widow Grail Widow needs ounce in bag, in shopping bag folded, pillow case folded, boot of the car. Could still smell in mates car :rofl::rofl:
Grail Widow is some strong DANK meds. I had black widow and it wasn't near as nice as Grail Widow. Makes me wonder what Nevils haze cut is used in the cross. Personally I like sweeter smelling sativas for everyday smoke, but I'm keeping a pack of these along with several different grail widow f2's for the future of dank. I think I even have some select grail widow x angels breathe in the freezer.

About rubber tire smell, MrNice's Hawaiian spice definitely carries the rubber tire trait. Not something I really liked. It's not as sharp or penetrating as skunk smells. Old posts about G13 mention rubber tire smells. I've found the extreme penetrating skunk smell 2x in recent history. 1 was a from gorillaglue bagseed, and the other was from MNS Devil. I didn't get clones of either but was able to chuck some hybrids with the GG bagseed that are turning out to be primo indica smoke.

Sorry to derail the landraces... Those mulanje gold look great! i kick myself for not ordering malberry stock when I had the chance. I think they used to be 35 bucks a pack at HmpDpt. i used to like the tag line for the Mulanje ... "The Sativa of Sativa's. This is the king of Sativa from the second highest African mountain in Malawi."

Thank you Amy And Penny!
Morglie wonderful selection have you been working with Mulanje much? It is clearly one of my top three favorites. I find the stem rub on males actually makes your fingers sticky.
This is my first go round with Mulanje. A friend was gifted a packet of them, but a lot were crushed, so he gave me the 7 viable ones left to make more. Two didn't sprout, but I have 3 females and 2 males that did. I'm planning on using the pollen from both males to pollinate all three females. Hopefully, that should retain most all of the genetics.

I'm seeing two distinct phenos so far. One is short and squat with broad leaves like an indica, and the other is a sativa stretching one with slightly narrower leaves.

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for?

This is my first go round with Mulanje. A friend was gifted a packet of them, but a lot were crushed, so he gave me the 7 viable ones left to make more. Two didn't sprout, but I have 3 females and 2 males that did. I'm planning on using the pollen from both males to pollinate all three females. Hopefully, that should retain most all of the genetics.

I'm seeing two distinct phenos so far. One is short and squat with broad leaves like an indica, and the other is a sativa stretching one with slightly narrower leaves.

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for?

Man all plants I have ever flowered have all been spectacular the taller ones can be trained by slight pinch and bend of the stems or LST to control height. I have been selecting for shorter nodal spacing and denser bud development, but when they are finishes the buds should be all pretty similar.
They are a bit more tricky to grow out to perfection than many other strains but you will be wowed by Mulanje's power, taste and all around qulity of the high.

Grail Widow is some strong DANK meds. I had black widow and it wasn't near as nice as Grail Widow. Makes me wonder what Nevils haze cut is used in the cross.
grail widow f2's for the future of dank. I think I even have some select grail widow x angels breathe in the freezer.

Id love to get some those seeds,save me some time... from looks of it, it'll be a cross I'll make..

Man all plants I have ever flowered have all been spectacular the taller ones can be trained by slight pinch and bend of the stems or LST to control height. I have been selecting for shorter nodal spacing and denser bud development, but when they are finishes the buds should be all pretty similar.
They are a bit more tricky to grow out to perfection than many other strains but you will be wowed by Mulanje's power, taste and all around qulity of the high.
Awesome! I noticed the male you showed a while ago, that you were using for the banana pineapple bud had the same squat profile as my wide leaved female.

The two females I topped, only took a couple pinches and bends to get four even tops going on them. Besides the one that's still recovering from my soil issue, they have all been champs. I'm looking forward to hunting through the seeds they make.
:yummy:

rubber tire smell

I used to make an extract years ago that often tasted like fish and sausage, fishy sausage, sausage, and fish, something like that. I always assumed at the time it was probably due to what I was using for a solvent (anhydrous acetone :rolleyes: ). But now I wonder if it was just a result of the mixture of terpenes present in the (plant) material I used.

Grew one outdoors a few years back. Came from very gold coloured, thin nugs that sortof reminded me of a grinspoon. I had it running along the bottom of a fence with about half a days sun. It was easily 14ft long and the leafhoppers I had to fight with everything else would hardly touch it.

Unfortunately, I had to chop it at the end of September and it was only just starting to flower. The indica sitting beside it filled a freezer bag with nug. The landrace made some decent oil with almost no distinct flavour and a very interesting mix of cannabinoids/effects.

For growing, I would personally stay clear unless I did my homework on a reliable landrace strain that suits my growing styles/durations, but I did love smoking the original buds that the seed came from. It seemed to wake up a few burnt out cannabinoid receptors :p

I used to make an extract years ago that often tasted like fish and sausage, fishy sausage, sausage, and fish, something like that. I always assumed at the time it was probably due to what I was using for a solvent (anhydrous acetone :rolleyes: ). But now I wonder if it was just a result of the mixture of terpenes present in the (plant) material I used.

A GSC Thin Mints cross with some heavy indica I grew a few months ago was so smelly when burnt, that my wife was complaining and I had to keep the window open till the smoke was gone completely. The taste was extremely foul... it was like smoking a can with leftover paint someone left at a construction site... but to the point, what a lot of growers don't realise is that cannabis apart of terpenes also produces a lot of volatile alcohols such as esters, which fall under Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinolates category, aldehydes, ketones etc. And these are usually responsible for heavy aromas such as garlic, onion, fuel etc. I actually grew a strain once that came out smelling like vinegar with high temps and brutal sun.

A phenotype of Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps I grew out recently smelled like fruity hangover vomit with just a hint of skunk carcass, absolutely offensive... Amazing Smoke, ultra potent.

Back
Top Bottom