Landrace Genetics 101

E.Thai
IMG_20221102_184458.jpg
IMG_20221102_184436.jpg
IMG_20221102_184156.jpg

.This year I'm having big problems with powdery mildew, I'm trying different totally organic products, let's hope well ...

E.Thai
IMG_20221102_184458.jpg
IMG_20221102_184436.jpg
IMG_20221102_184156.jpg

.This year I'm having big problems with powdery mildew, I'm trying different totally organic products, let's hope well ...
powdery mildew is cause by humity levels in tent - if I remember right -- has this happen to a few plants years > here is a great company for all insect, ect control 'Arbico Organics.com" a great reference tool for your plants + remedies !!

powdery mildew is cause by humity levels in tent - if I remember right -- has this happen to a few plants years > here is a great company for all insect, ect control 'Arbico Organics.com" a great reference tool for your plants + remedies !!
Thanks, i am outdoor and this crazy weather this year make the things so hard....
Anyway, i' m trying a spray based on equisetum, nettle and bicarbonate, I started a week, for now it seems to improve, albeit slowly (but with natural products the times are longer) ...

Panama, by ACE
Day 92 since flip.

Everything running normally. They will go on straight water soon as I have a few colas with no white pistils.

I cut a stalk on day 80 something and it was dry enough to smoke a bowl today. I am beyond happy. I got a taste that I haven't experienced since the late 70s. It reminds me of some of the finest Colombian from that time. I just hope it retains that taste and maybe more of it when I chop and cure it.

Panama Day 92 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama, by ACE
Day 92 since flip.

Everything running normally. They will go on straight water soon as I have a few colas with no white pistils.

I cut a stalk on day 80 something and it was dry enough to smoke a bowl today. I am beyond happy. I got a taste that I haven't experienced since the late 70s. It reminds me of some of the finest Colombian from that time. I just hope it retains that taste and maybe more of it when I chop and cure it.

Panama Day 92 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (6).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower

Panama Day 92 flower (7).JPG

Panama, Day 92 flower
Looking good! And, yes, it should - retain the flavor. I vaped a bowl of my Panama Jan 2021 harvest just a couple of days ago and that fresh minty taste is still there. Cure it well!

gwhunran, glad you got what you were looking for with your Panama. I liked the Snow version a bit more and Dr. Greenthumb has a good version that is very close to Snow's in form and effect.

I may grow out the ACE version again, nothing wrong with it at all. I recall feeling like my head was floating a bit when on it.

Looking good! And, yes, it should - retain the flavor. I vaped a bowl of my Panama Jan 2021 harvest just a couple of days ago and that fresh minty taste is still there. Cure it well!
I've been hoping that this strain would take me back to simpler times. I've talked to a few folks over the years about my desire to experience some of these old strains again (mostly youngsters compared to me) and they for the most part either thought I was misguided or mistaken and saw no value in the old stuff that typically takes longer to grow and whose potency numbers don't match today's strains.
It will be cured simply too. Dried to the touch and jarred, opening frequently for a few weeks and then less so. I also go by smell. I put my nose in the jar and inhale. If it smells good, no worries.
I don't remember the buzz being anything extraordinary but it was good, but the taste and smell was levels of magnitude better than the typical weed that was available to me in my youth.

gwhunran, glad you got what you were looking for with your Panama. I liked the Snow version a bit more and Dr. Greenthumb has a good version that is very close to Snow's in form and effect.

I may grow out the ACE version again, nothing wrong with it at all. I recall feeling like my head was floating a bit when on it.
I've never grown a strain more than once in about ten years with the exception of OG Kush. Before legalization, I would have to grow enough for two years each time. I was lucky to do that as my wife does not partake and was not a fan but agreed to a grow/grows every other year. By the time the two years were up, I was pretty tired of even the best of it and had no desire to repeat it. Mostly tired of the taste.
I smoke a lot and can't say anything blows me away anymore. Rosin has changed that somewhat and I mostly limit myself to after dinner rosin smoking so I don't mess up my enjoyment of the buds.

I've been hoping that this strain would take me back to simpler times. I've talked to a few folks over the years about my desire to experience some of these old strains again (mostly youngsters compared to me) and they for the most part either thought I was misguided or mistaken and saw no value in the old stuff that typically takes longer to grow and whose potency numbers don't match today's strains.
It will be cured simply too. Dried to the touch and jarred, opening frequently for a few weeks and then less so. I also go by smell. I put my nose in the jar and inhale. If it smells good, no worries.
I don't remember the buzz being anything extraordinary but it was good, but the taste and smell was levels of magnitude better than the typical weed that was available to me in my youth.

I'm with you! I agree with your statement about the youngsters today. I have two patients and all they want are heavy Indicas. I can't give my Sativas away! I'm more into the "high". That clear, uplifting, reflective place. I took a multiple decade break and only came back about 10 years ago. I started playing around with Sativas, looking for old school stuff and the aforementioned high. Ace's Panama nearly did it for me. However, physically I can't handle the raciness if I smoke too much (heart issue). My go to now is Vermontman's (thank you sir!) Mountain Gold. Very similar aroma and taste to the Panama, but none of the raciness - just a smooth uplifting sun is shining all things in the world are good kinda high. Next month I start VM's Zacateca Tribute and Ace's Honduras. Hoping they're similar to the MG.

My curing process sounds similar to yours. I do lo n slo in the refrigerator, jar/burb and store with a 62% Boveda. I was not kidding about the quality of the bud from Jan 2021.

I'm with you! I agree with your statement about the youngsters today. I have two patients and all they want are heavy Indicas. I can't give my Sativas away! I'm more into the "high". That clear, uplifting, reflective place. I took a multiple decade break and only came back about 10 years ago. I started playing around with Sativas, looking for old school stuff and the aforementioned high. Ace's Panama nearly did it for me. However, physically I can't handle the raciness if I smoke too much (heart issue). My go to now is Vermontman's (thank you sir!) Mountain Gold. Very similar aroma and taste to the Panama, but none of the raciness - just a smooth uplifting sun is shining all things in the world are good kinda high. Next month I start VM's Zacateca Tribute and Ace's Honduras. Hoping they're similar to the MG.

My curing process sounds similar to yours. I do lo n slo in the refrigerator, jar/burb and store with a 62% Boveda. I was not kidding about the quality of the bud from Jan 2021.
I like most all of it and being retired, I can go from one strain to the other throughout the day. This years grow, I've got Hawaii Maui Waui (sativa hybrid) that has more laid back effect than racy. My Vanillia Kush mostly a night smoke and the one I generally add the rosin to, and Headroom Incident (G13xPineapple Cinderella99xSour Diesel) It hits you hard with a combination of head and body, strange but good taste, grape soda?
I use the humidity packs too, but after burping the jars awhile. I like it smell good before I add the packs.

If it was properly handled from harvest to my hand, I loved a good Mexican. Hardly ever happened. I will probably grow one sometime too. I am growing Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold (hybrid) next season.

Anyone have experience with Kumaoni landrace genetics? Just received some free photo regs of this strain. Interested in any information or experience y'all may have.
Kumaoni sounds very interesting! I've always had a fondness for Nepalese strains.

Conradino23 grew a Nanda Devi outdoors ...

But I haven't seen any other charas strains.

Nice frost^^ Snowhigh has a good Michoacan. I know as I had the same thing back in '74. He has a bunch of Mexicans. I have almost all of them, hehe. Zacatecas, Oaxacans, Punto Rojo etc.

I smoke now and then. If I smoke daily or much at all, the effect drops a lot. I smoke cigars daily though. Even in '74 when I started, I realized that smoking everyday would kill the effect too much. None of the Acapulco Gold lines being sold are real, I guess I already made that clear. They do turn gold colored, but the buzz is not there.

Vermontman has a Oaxacan that is legit. It is from '79 and I think has indica in it. They were adding indica into Mexican lines since the early 70's. He sells it as a cross with nepalese I think.

Yeah, I knew that AG was not the real deal, but I was hoping it had some of the good taste of those old Mexican strains. Oh well, I already have them, and others have said they liked the smoke.

Are these folks with the seeds, suppliers to the seed banks or individuals?

Yeah, I knew that AG was not the real deal, but I was hoping it had some of the good taste of those old Mexican strains. Oh well, I already have them, and others have said they liked the smoke.

Are these folks with the seeds, suppliers to the seed banks or individuals?

Yeah, no reason not to grow the Barney's AG.

Snow sells his seeds by himself or also sells them to seedbanks to sell. Buy from him direct for better price and freebies. Vermontman sells by way of seedbanks, or that was the last I heard.

Back
Top Bottom