Landrace Genetics 101

Any opinions?

You've been running a constant 12-hour dark cycle, with no interruptions? NO changes to your lighting during that time? How long was the stretch period? Figure on that being 40% of the total flowering period, and then it's simple math.

I would agree at least a couple weeks. Did you to look at the trichomes?

Very NICE!
......... the tric's are getting plump and cloudy, but no amber......

You can speed it up by going 11/13, which is optimalfor sativas.
Done, she'll get an extra hour of dark beginning tonight.:thumb:

Torturedsoul said:
..... You've been running a constant 12-hour dark cycle, with no interruptions? NO changes to your lighting during that time? How long was the stretch period? Figure on that being 40% of the total flowering period, and then it's simple math.

It has been at a constant 12/12 but I'm not sure how long it stretched other than to say I didn't think it was ever going to stop. I put it through some severe bondage to keep it out of the lights on an 8' ceiling .

Here is a Columbian Gold 72 that got away from me. Out grew the tent, then the closet and had to be carried sideways out the backdoor. It would not stop. My mistake I believe was using a 3gal pot. Been using 1 gal pots ever since. That was one pretty plant.

0013698.jpg
0013698.jpg

Sweet, I did not know that.

I won't guarantee it 100% of the time for 100% of the strains; some just don't like to cooperate, lol. Changing to something other than a 12:12 light cycle might screw with the ratio, IDK, and so might changing the lighting partway through flower. But I've found it to be a pretty good rule of thumb over the years.

See: The 40:60 Rule.

BtW, TheFertilizer, thanks for the REPs!

I topped it at week 3 then 2 more weeks veg. If you look closely you can see two separate main stalks. As soon as I put it on 12/12 it just took off and would not stop. Before it went out the door it was on 10/14. This was a total organic grow, no nutes were used. Homemade soil that was cooking for two months. I can only imagine what it would have become if I hadn't topped it. Truthfully never thought I could grow something that big indoors, took me by surprise. Spring is coming, weather is fixing to break. I have a boatload CG72 seeds from breeding when I first got them. Been using 1 gal pots since then and they still can get pretty big but managable. Next month I gonna start one indoors in a 5gal pot with coco but make sure to get it outside before it takes on a life of it's own. lol I really want to see how big one of these can get.

I topped it at week 3 then 2 more weeks veg. If you look closely you can see two separate main stalks. As soon as I put it on 12/12 it just took off and would not stop. Before it went out the door it was on 10/14. This was a total organic grow, no nutes were used. Homemade soil that was cooking for two months. I can only imagine what it would have become if I hadn't topped it. Truthfully never thought I could grow something that big indoors, took me by surprise. Spring is coming, weather is fixing to break. I have a boatload CG72 seeds from breeding when I first got them. Been using 1 gal pots since then and they still can get pretty big but managable. Next month I gonna start one indoors in a 5gal pot with coco but make sure to get it outside before it takes on a life of it's own. lol I really want to see how big one of these can get.
Wow that is some killer genetics . How was the smoke . I am interested in breeding want to try my hand at some crosses . So I am starting from mns seedbank to find worthy individuals . And it is nice to be able to receive classic genetics at a discount price to be able to get 19 strains for less than 400 bucks . I was most interested in nl5 and g13 crosses. Oh and haze .
Forgot about Afghan. Lol so many. And then the landrace genetics like Colombian gold . Acapulco gold . Panama red . Colombian Punta rojo . And another I forgot the name of which I saw mentioned in a strainhunters episode in Colombia.

You can speed it up by going 11/13, which is optimalfor sativas.

Thanks Conrad that's a good tip. The Da Kine Pacalolo light schedule :smokin:

On that sativa don't wait for amber trichomes... some sativa don't go amber.

The DT I run is Acapulco Gold x Durban Poison - no amber... chop @ first sign of nanner.

12 - 13 weeks is about average for me.

Plants are monsters indoors. They keep growing even tho flowers are set.

I’m guessing it’s in the fade and finishing.

That would be my guess as well... the DT I grow has Acapulco Gold in it and the whole plant is gold colored (fan & sugar leaves) but the buds are light green and completely covered in pistols that gradually turn a light tan color during cure..they are all white at chop. Very hairy... kinda reminds me of a few hippy girls I knew back it the day!

Back
Top Bottom