Landrace Genetics 101

Yeah, but that way lies seed obsession disorder. :straightface:

As the House of the Rising Sun lyric goes ... "believe me, I'm one" .

:Namaste:

I don’t have the funds to develop one... I live with illness and have a super low income. I’m fairly safe from overspending on beans (hence why it was the refund that I had written off actually landing that made me decide the gods were smiling on that seed purchase) ..

I just hope these seeds are legit :)

I plan to order some seeds from them shortly. That cost though! Wow! Even with the discounts. I know they must make profit but still. Also since they are Hawaii native seeds would I need to get volcanic soil for best results?

Volcanic soil for best results - yes. And you could make that super easy by growing them with Doc's HBB kit. Sativas Love it - just check out his pics! That said, I'm sure they'd grow well in any decent situation/ well managed medium.

Re cost - it's a lot all at once, but many seed banks charge prices like 11Euro per seed for similar, so by my calculations Pua Mana are less expensive than that.

Yes Conrad, I hope they're legit too ..... we'll find out. Hopefully PW, BB, BL and myself will be happy little guinea pigs

Volcanic soil for best results - yes. And you could make that super easy by growing them with Doc's HBB kit. Sativas Love it - just check out his pics! That said, I'm sure they'd grow well in any decent situation/ well managed medium.

Re cost - it's a lot all at once, but many seed banks charge prices like 11Euro per seed for similar, so by my calculations Pua Mana are less expensive than that.

Yes Conrad, I hope they're legit too ..... we'll find out. Hopefully PW, BB, BL and myself will be happy little guinea pigs
I do see your point. I can get seeds cheaper and am use to that a and forget how it is sometimes. Forgive my unfair statement. I'll have to check out that HBB kit. I'm very interested in ordering to say the least.

I do see your point. I can get seeds cheaper and am use to that a and forget how it is sometimes. Forgive my unfair statement. I'll have to check out that HBB kit. I'm very interested in ordering to say the least.
Doc's kit is nice. Plus landraces seem to really excel in it. You should check it out. It's simple, cost effective, and churns out high quality cannabis. You really can't go wrong.

Well I got a shipment notification from Pua Mana 'Ohana - fingers crossed. I realise I literally broke all my rules about seed purchase for that purchase. Some weird frenzy overtook me! If you google search for them + 'review', it's a bit startling. I've put out a feeler somewhere that may help verify for us. Would be an expensive lesson to learn if it all goes 'pear shaped'! .

Hmmmmm I'm tempted..lol

Yeah - steady the ship there Scorp!! .

I actually just asked someone who i know is connected to the Hawaiian Cannabis Ministry and they've never heard of them... not a great sign. .

@brightlight, where did you hear about them...?

(Does that tagging someone's I'd woth @ actually do anything here?)

Well they do have the strains on Leafly, so I'd say that's a positive sighn

Well when u get yers Amy, holler
Cuz I sure need more seeds to grow....lol
Right Van....lol

I posted a scan from the book on The Brotherhood of Eternal Love many pages back as BOEL members saw it and they took a load of high quality Mexi from a Sinaloan kingpin, sailed with it to Maui and later crossed it to their Afghani stock that they got from their hash supplier. We'll find more after OTM sends his sample to Phylos, but what he gets is a perfect hybrid of both.

Coots was from the BOEL deal.. I've read a good deal other stories written by the folks that captained the boats sail boats and tuna boats... there's a huge history of great cannabis brought to us from other shores. It wasn't until late 70s into the 80s when everyone importing was put in jail. Hello emerald triangle. So I guess we have that thankful thing - lets just grow it here! I wonder if Nixon and Ray-gun thought about the results of their efforts. Well I guess the history shows that they did not envision our will to cultivate and celebrate cannabis the world over.

Not on this forum no it's disabled
Idk Chris did it to me and it came up on my notifications on the app.

Speaking of which. Chris I really wanna say resist the urge, but I was watching strain hunters this morning and it's all I can think about now!

I have doubts about this seedbank, especially that the owner has been spamming a couple of forums last year including 420!

I have doubts about this seedbank, especially that the owner has been spamming a couple of forums last year including 420!

Thanks, i do wish you'd mentioned that earlier C! I'm fairly dubious myself now - tres embarrassment if it's a scam and I jumped right in like that!

Edit: although I did just get a decent reply from them to an email, so I've not lost all hope...

(And I'll remember that the cash I used was bonus dollar I wasn't necessarily expecting)

Thanks, i do wish you'd mentioned that earlier C! I'm fairly dubious myself now - tres embarrassment if it's a scam and I jumped right in like that!

Edit: although I did just get a decent reply from them to an email, so I've not lost all hope...

(And I'll remember that the cash I used was bonus dollar I wasn't necessarily expecting)
I know I wanted to... but you seemed so enthusiastic.

Back
Top Bottom