Landrace Genetics 101

So testing the high of my sativa pheno gal today... I pinched two micro tops off the buds as shown in the above/latest photo and dried them for 3 days. This plant is 6 weeks into flowering (early). Not cured, and certainly not decarbozylized, but, I took 2 hits today and the high is clean and clear, and took me from feeling like shit to feeling good. Really good. I cranked up the YouTube videos of Mumford and Sons and I started dancing around the house kind of good. This seems to have gotten rid of my headache, and taken away the pain from splitting firewood with a maul for a half day yesterday. No big rushes to this stuff, but as I say, it is not really cured, just fast dried. And it is early yet for this plant. My guess would be that this has significant CBD and THC levels in it, which is what I am looking for. I mean, I have a drawer full of these newer hemp cross 50/50 THC/CBD strains like Therapy, CBD Kush, etc., as well as high CBD low THC strains like Harley Tsu, Cannatonic, etc. But they do not have this kind of high to them. This is indeed a feel good high that I am after. I cannot wait to test the indica phenos. The taste of this one is neutral, but again, it is still early and not cured. But... it is weed that I want to smoke more of, which is always a good sign. "That was good, I want more!"

i grew out a hybrid of malawi /golden tiger x purple star/ skunk#1 this season, veg under 600w led flowere first 1.75 months indoors out doors two weeks to finish at 75% cloudy the rest a mix of clear and bronze. very clear soaring high, a heart racer lol and that was the test bud w/o cure. They say atwo month cure will really add to Malawi/ Meo Thai punch. Will finally redo the darkdevil auto attempt of last year's disaster but after that I think a handfull of Ace gear is going in a mineral weak no till soil. Ace (Dubi) says mineral weak soils are best for increased yield with strains like Meo Thai which is the basis of Golden Tiger and therefore Zamaldelica (which if you have not grown please do, plus just awesome to breed with.).

Zamaldelica psycho weed... interesting. Never grew any of that. Real Malawi would be a good one to grow too. Nice to have such choices to make.

I have a lead on (maybe) some Greek Kalamata. A very rare sativa with a high reputation. Also grows to about 15 feet, like Mexican sativas. We shall see if it pans out. Some guy back east was supposedly going to send me some early Appalachian skunk seeds, but he may have been a troll. Hard to tell.

I am also going to swing through California after weed becomes legal to sell there and shop for some rare strains and cuts before they dry up. I did that here last year and this year several strains are a lot harder to find.

I asked this in the autoflower thread, but thought maybe someone from the landrace thread might know better? I plan to cross golden tiger with an autoflower. At first I thought to get something like NL5 or one of the other autos and use a male from the golden tiger to make seeds, but was thinking maybe it would be better to use a pure(r) ruderalis type instead and eliminate the one it had been crossed with. Which ruderalis makes the best hybrids? I saw low ryder2, but saw it is a cross with another strain. Maybe LR2 is best?

I asked this in the autoflower thread, but thought maybe someone from the landrace thread might know better? I plan to cross golden tiger with an autoflower. At first I thought to get something like NL5 or one of the other autos and use a male from the golden tiger to make seeds, but was thinking maybe it would be better to use a pure(r) ruderalis type instead and eliminate the one it had been crossed with. Which ruderalis makes the best hybrids? I saw low ryder2, but saw it is a cross with another strain. Maybe LR2 is best?

Ace has an auto malawi x northern lights 5 so it seems they thought the NL route too

Find a nice sativa auto and roll with that. Remember that if you cross a GT photo with an auto the first generation will be 100% photos. Cross that generation with each other and it will produce 25% photo/50% fast/25% autos. You will have to grow out that generation to select the autos. Then you would want to pheno hunt from that point. From the start it will take a number of generations to find what your looking for.

There are trippy autos on the market already, I'd roll with one of the best ones instead of making cross that's gonna be hard to stabilise, but I grew an auto once in my life, so I'm not really an expert.

thanks for the responses.

I saw the NL cross of malawi and was tempted, but since I already have the GT and thought to save money by making the hybrid myself.

"Remember that if you cross a GT photo with an auto the first generation will be 100% photos. Cross that generation with each other and it will produce 25% photo/50% fast/25% autos."

So that is what happens? 25% photo and 50 fast (was wondering what got designated as fast on the seed site) and 25% auto. That doesn't sound too bad. Appreciate that info.

Also will look at that Road runner from Dinafem too....thanks

I crossed fem photo pollen with an auto fem and got 80% autos, 17% fast version and 3% weird mutants that would flower under weird lighting conditions and reveg. What's a GT photo?
Cause book F1 cross where all progeny expresses dominant genes like photoperiodism for example only happens when both parents are homozygous and breed true for their chosen characteristics. But in clandestine cannabis breeding all stock is heterozygous, which means genes are all over the place and you don't know which one is dominant and which one is recessive in your plant. So yeah you can get F1 generation that'll be 25% auto or 50% auto or 80% auto, but you have to grow some population to really find out what you have.

BTW it's called polyhybrid cross technically and if you start looking for it you'll find very little info... cause almost nobody does it except cannabis breeders for simple reason, stability doesn't exist when you work with that kind of stock, F1 or S1 is totally unpredictable. You get a lot of different genotypes in one generation. I had F1 that had 5 different phenos and there might've been more if I had more seeds :)

Find a nice sativa auto and roll with that. Remember that if you cross a GT photo with an auto the first generation will be 100% photos. Cross that generation with each other and it will produce 25% photo/50% fast/25% autos. You will have to grow out that generation to select the autos. Then you would want to pheno hunt from that point. From the start it will take a number of generations to find what your looking for.

The first one that came to mind was CBG Auto from Cannabiogen. It's a Destroyer Auto - great genetics.

Back
Top Bottom