Leaves turning purple halfway through bud cycle

Question for next time: How to get those lovely tight nugget buds? These are kind of on the "loose" side. Not that it affects the potency. Just an aesthetic thing. :)

Howz it goin i wouldnt worry bout the color its just an indication shes nearly ready thats all so sum1 told me on here here a puc from my girl thats just about done
420-magazine-mobile195567551.jpg

Just following up... 9 weeks now, and they're doing great! They're not quite ready yet. Trichomes are still clear-to-milky. Still getting tiny bits of new growth on the buds, with white pistles. Leaves looked so bad you'd swear they'd die and fall off, but they're not. I've been keeping it warm at night, mid-60s minimum. Pretty sure that cold overnight temps (down to maybe 45 - 50 degres) was the cause of the purpleness. Just one strange thing... virtually no smell.
IMAG013923.jpg
IMAG013827.jpg
IMAG013623.jpg
IMAG013321.jpg
No smell is actually a good thing (noy whay you thought right?) Now i say this with the understanding that if you touch your buds (which i dont recommend), that you get glorious smells!! The reason is yhe tricomes on your plant. If you are doing a good job (again, some strains are different but...) protecting your tricomes in your "perfect enviroment", you shouldnt get a ton of smell. Iys when your plant is stressed in yhe environment (and trcomes start breaking unaturally), that you will begin to get alot of smells. As long as you get good smells when you disturb your plant..... your doing great! And doing even better if you get no smell while in flower until the day you havest (and disturbe the tricomes). Look up some info on tricome harvesting and you will see what i mean. Happy harvesting!!!. . .

I'm having the same exact issue this is white shark by the way no purple in the genetics so I'm thinking it's from temp swings and nute burn I'm at between 75-77° lights on and lights out it get down to 65-68° 45% rh always I just hope it's not hurting the plant..

Attachments

• 15494866960165062948218756816816.jpg
    15494866960165062948218756816816.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 416
Hello everyone, once again trying to figure what I'm doing wrong. Have a Super Lemon Haze plant about 3 feet in diameter, with stems trained to grow horizontally (more or less), pointing radially outward from the center. Should wind up with a footlocker full of bud, but not if the dang thing dies halfway through!

This time I'm using cheap, non-fertilized potting soil with plenty of perlite mixed in, and have been watering with Dyna Gro Foliage Pro at the "maintenance" level, i.e. 1/4 tsp per gallon. Also used 1/4 tsp of Pro Tekt per gallon. Started with very low ppm tap water, about 20ppm, noting that the pH was a bit high, at about 7.7. That's our local tap water - did not bother checking the pH of the mixed-up solution, just watered it every few days and made it through the Grow cycle with spectacular results.

Moved it into the other room, with this gigantic LED light set for 12/12, and switched to Dyna Gro Bloom formula, also at 1/4 tsp per gallon, and discontinued the Pro Tekt (based on something I read on the "internet").

After about 3 weeks things started to run amok. Below are some photos from the time.... by now it's a couple weeks later, and the large shade leaves are also turning brownish-purple, and I've been removing them when they seem too far gone. It's pretty weird - different than when leaves turn "yellow".

Without much to go on, the other day I stated watering with a mix of cal-mag, Pro Tekt, Foliage Pro, Bloom, 1/4 tsp each. The pH of this merry mix was 6.5, so I left it alone. I reckon it had been higher before, like around 7.0.

So far it doesn't seem to be getting any worse (noting that it's worse now than in the pictures), but it's not improving either.

Here's something that might matter - the temp gets up to about 80 during the day, but heads down to about 55 - 60 degrees overnight. Humidity seems fine. (Fyi I attempted a hydroponic grow in the same room, and the floor was soaking wet, as if there was a leak, but it was just condensation! The plants were dumping several gallons of water into this small room every day, and there was no ventilation. Everything got moldy and barely survived. It's nothing like that this time around.)

Would welcome any thoughts as to what could be going on. Not even sure it's really a bad thing, except I hate to start losing too many leaves!
IMAG006427.jpg
IMAG0047_1_.jpg
Getting the same

Getting the same
Welcome aboard.

Wanted to mention that this is an older thread; it started back about 6 years ago and was resurrected at least once along the way. Most of the people who took part in the conversation have moved on.

If you are seeing purple on your plants half way or 3/4 of the way through the flowering then it is usually a sign that the plant has matured and is showing some of its 'autumn colors' just like the leaves on trees and shrubs change color in the fall when they start to loose the chlorophyll.

If you poke around this message board you will find at least one thread with photographs of purple plants. Click on the "New Posts" item and it change and list all the threads with a new messages from the most recent to the oldest. You will find the occasional thread about the purple showing up more often. Some say it is because the seed breeders are selecting for that color because it is popular.

Of course, if you are not sure about the way your plant looks you can post a picture of it but turn off the grow lights and use normal white room light, like we get from a ceiling light or a reading lamp on a table.

Welcome aboard.

Wanted to mention that this is an older thread; it started back about 6 years ago and was resurrected at least once along the way. Most of the people who took part in the conversation have moved on.

If you are seeing purple on your plants half way or 3/4 of the way through the flowering then it is usually a sign that the plant has matured and is showing some of its 'autumn colors' just like the leaves on trees and shrubs change color in the fall when they start to loose the chlorophyll.

If you poke around this message board you will find at least one thread with photographs of purple plants. Click on the "New Posts" item and it change and list all the threads with a new messages from the most recent to the oldest. You will find the occasional thread about the purple showing up more often. Some say it is because the seed breeders are selecting for that color because it is popular.

Of course, if you are not sure about the way your plant looks you can post a picture of it but turn off the grow lights and use normal white room light, like we get from a ceiling light or a reading lamp on a table.
OK thanks I will try again tomorrow for a clearer picture but think you could be right just at the half way stage starting to focus more on the buds than leaves now

I am also having the same looking leaves coming in, its weird to me even though im a first time grower
Theyre 4 weeks into flower, cfls, organic soil, using tap water 75°f 40%rh is pretty consistant, at around the same time mine started changing all my leaves went light green, growth stopped

So id also like to know whats goin on, watered today with cal mag so ill keep updated on this if anything changes

your only as free as you think you are
Same thing is happening to me as we speak

Back
Top Bottom