LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

I forgot to mention that those last photos of the LED and HPS bud sites were

31st day in 12/12

Flower day 21 -- day from first noticing white hairs on all bud sites.

So my second batch of brew finished, made from orange juice. Not bad at all. I will not use pure orange juice again, but not bad. After I emptied the contents a bit, I dropped in several pieces of dry ice, then I recapped it. Wow, the co2 coming out of the tube was so great that it moved the leaves around like a light fan.

I let that co2 just go off until it died down, then I poured out the alcohol, which was then a bit stronger since the dry ice froze lots of the non alcoholic water, etc. Some alcohol stays in the ice, of course. This probably brought it to about 25% alcohol. It isn't really distilling. It only increases the strength a bit. I don't think you can get stronger than 25% this way, even if you start from 20%. If you start from 7-15% you can still get 20% alcohol. Apple Jack is made similarily. In freezer or with dry ice to speed up the process.

The dry ice method gives my plants a big co2 boost.

Just a note to myself so that I do not forget. I placed some seeds (on 29th) in my humidity dome Black Domina x Lady Flower Kush.

Clones of White Widow have roots growing out the bottoms. Need to transfer to bigger cubes or 1 gallon rockwool pots. Or I guess I could place them in my DIY cloner, which would be like hydro spray.

Video update for those that might care, and those in the future that read this. I go a bit into how I got rid of all purple stems, which is no doubt always magnesium deficiency. I am certain of that now.

I also talk about why I will not push plants with 1200ppm nutes when they are only in veg, or if I do, I will only test it out on one plant. I go into how overwatering looks a lot like nute deficiency and or burn. Look for puffy segments between leaf veins. I let them dry out every time, but 1 gal for a 3 gallon pot while they were in veg was too much water.

LED HPS grow update White Widow, Northern Lights LST, LSD - YouTube

i messed my numbers up.

started 12/12 on 1-10-13, so today is day 23 in 12/12.

day 21 1-21-13 they all showed pistils, so it is day 12 of flower.

today 2-2-13 is...

day 21 in 12/12

day 12 in flower

day 22 in 12/12

day 13 in flower

I will put the LED closer and closer every few days to find out how close I can get without burning. Believe it or not, the LED burnt leafs/bleached them when it was 6 inches away.

I could not get my HPS within 10 inches without bleaching top leaves. Even at 12 inches it sometimes bleaches them.

trichomes11.jpg

trichomes22.jpg

trichomes31.jpg

UPDATE

WATERING

I watered today with 400ppm of nutes, and 300ppm of calmag and epsome salt, so 750ppm total, my water is 50ppm naturally. I wantered with a half gallon for each plant. I only watered with the base nutes, Floragrow, Floramicro, and Florabloom, plus cal mag and epsome salt, and a bit of hygrozyme. Additives, I will water when not wating with nutes.

New way to water.

1. Water with half gallon of base nutes, plus calmag and epson salt or cheleted magnesium.
2. Water with 3/4 of a gallon or until good run off with florakleen, calmag+.
3. Water with half a gallon of additives and calmag+. This includes things like florablend, b1, hygrozyme, liquid seaweed during veg.
4. Repeat 2.

Then start back at 1.

Amazingly, the closet White Widow under my DIY CFL hood is more cristally and further developed. Here are a few pics of the CFL WW. The closet only has a fan in it, and I leave the door cracked open. That is all the air exchange it gets, is the air the fan pulls in that is near the crack in the sliding door.

cfl12.jpg

cfl22.jpg

Not sure where the purple is coming from. I can't really see it well with my naked eye.

led16.jpg

looking at the vid, it looks like ur ph is too high, hence the yellowing on leaves.

oh and the purple stems are magnesium def, quite easy to fix and u have done which u point out. its not always lack of mg but rather ph issue but can be both. more common when using ro water. also ur leaves shouldnt be dying off like that. its def a nute/ph issue.

Not sure where the purple is coming from. I can't really see it well with my naked eye.

led16.jpg

Hi LEDRF,
It's not purple but rather a combination of magenta/blue/cyan. It's coming from another light source, that is different than the source lighting your bud.
If you can't see it with your naked eye, then it's just the camera and how it see's color spectrum's. You can only expose one spectrum correctly in any given photo, any other spectrums will show those different colors.

Cult, yeah, it was from when I pushed them too hard with 1200ppm, when they were only in veg. I doubt it can be a Ph issue in the soil being as I put dolymite lime in there, which makes it so it will not go above 7, and hard to go much below 7 for very long. That and I never water with water that is very low in ph.

The coco plant, I also put lime in, so it will not go above 7. My run off is always a bit below 7.

I am pretty sure the browning was from the 1200ppm. I should have only tested it on one plant, rather than push them all, but they have recovered nicely.

Check this out. That is only 14 in flower and 23 in 12/12. With a good 50 days to go, I can only imagine how big those nugs will be.

size4.jpg

Hi LEDRF,
It's not purple but rather a combination of magenta/blue/cyan. It's coming from another light source, that is different than the source lighting your bud.
If you can't see it with your naked eye, then it's just the camera and how it see's color spectrum's. You can only expose one spectrum correctly in any given photo, any other spectrums will show those different colors.

I would have thought so too, but the only light source in the tent when I took the LED photo was a small LED white light on my magnifying glass.

I'm thinking the lense must break up that light differently when it is in micro zoom.

Just a little update for myself, so I can check back later.

Seedlings (Black Domina (F) (Lady Flower Kush (M)

3 are popped from the soil. 1 has 4 leaves already, been out about 3 days. The others popped yesterday and are already half an inch.

The two others haven't popped from the rockwool. I don't presoak in water or anything.

Clones

They are ready to transplant into 1gal rockwool grodan tiny cubes, the small kind, a bit smaller than sugar cubes. A big bag costed $38. I am presoaking the rockwool cubes in ph water 5.5 and with recommended dose of Florakleen. They have soaked for several hours. Now I will rense them, then soak them again in Ph water 5.5, calmag plus 200ppm, and rapid start100ppm, and epsome salt 100ppm. When I transplant, I will sprinkle mykos and Root Zone around the hole the rockwool cube will go into. These will be grown in pure rockwool. The seedlings will be grown in soil and coco.

The clones are White Widows. One might be LSD. I forgot to put the cuttings in different cups of water.

Back
Top Bottom