LED Grow Light Review

hey bassman95
can u send me a link to your journals/reviews. I'm in the same position stuck at a crossroads. I don't what to buy thinking of 900w blackstar but a magnum plus also looks good. I don't know theyre great or marginal and if its worth 1200 or 900 bucks. Thats alot of dough to throw around.
thanks again

Journals are in my sig below. I just harvested the AK48 first grow.

Here's a link to Grow Stealth LED I'm very happy with the light.

I went with 600w for a 4x4 tent that wasnt filled. My new grow will be much better now that I have learned more. I'm confident this 600 will serve my tent well. If I were to do it over I might get 2 x 300w for side by side and overlap effect in the same area. Not sure, but just seems like more.

I had a visitor take a look at my grow recently. He uses HID and does hi defoliation technique, yields 10z per plant regularly. He's never looked at LED up close and has 20 yrs growing experience and was super enthused when he saw my light and current grow up close. He couldnt believe the intensity or lack of heat as well. I've got 140 bud sites at or near canopy top in 6 plants and 4x4 area under this light.

I do feel, that with all lights, if hung from above we lose intensity as we get further away from the light. As such, we need to think about short & fat for yield or fast super short veg, lotsa plant sogs/scrogs. Exception being if we are going bigger rooms where we can spread monster bushes and hang vertical as well as possibly above. For most of us this isnt possible.

I am certainly a believer in LED. It is expensive generally speaking at first. But long term should be less $$ and obviously more stealth.

In terms of my future grows, my plan is to stick with longer veg, lots of topping and hi defoliation, short wide ass plants with LED. I also intend to rig up a reflective floor at plant base height so it increases reflective light back up rather than lose it going to the black floor 13" below the tub tops. Ideally, 32" cubed size plants yielding 8z+ per plant.

If I can get permitted for more than our horrible state laws so I can make oil/butter which requires more, than I should be able to keep 8 in flower at all times and harvest, one every 12-15 days on 60 day veg cycles. I think this is totally doable with less than 1600w of LED and is 1.1g per watt. Based on some rough calculations I did.

There are a few decent ones out there. I don't think any are 100% perfect yet, but there are some good ones for this stage of development in growing and what not. As we users learn more and experience more, while those really trying to make the best growing unit possible (putting grow quality first before making a fast profit), develop and progress, I believe we'll see even better products come out and soon they'll even cost less as growers begin to buy them and production costs go down as a result of more units being made in mass.

I take it you're in EU? It may be harder (or not) to find them there.

There are a few decent ones out there. I don't think any are 100% perfect yet, but there are some good ones for this stage of development in growing and what not. As we users learn more and experience more, while those really trying to make the best growing unit possible (putting grow quality first before making a fast profit), develop and progress, I believe we'll see even better products come out and soon they'll even cost less as growers begin to buy them and production costs go down as a result of more units being made in mass.

I take it you're in EU? It may be harder (or not) to find them there.

Its a lot of good web retailers in the EU to buy from, specially in the Uk, Germany and Netherlands. But when it comes to LED, most of them dont have any good selection, and they admit that they dont are comfortable selling LED. Im totalt agree with you Bassman59, hopefully the producers finds out that the best way for earning money is to have the best product, just like us :yummy:

Im thinking about the Grow Stealth LED maybe, I see good reviews on the web, and from you. :blunt:

The GS is a pretty good unit. It's done a decent job for me. My only issue, and it isnt the lights fault, is because of my style of growing, I ask it to penetrate into a deeper wider canopy than it's meant for. If I were growing more plants, smaller, it would be an excellent choice. But the laws in my state only allow me 4 in flower and I'm not pushing that, though I am pushing net usable weight. But I think if I had trouble I could fight it and win if I stay within the plant limit.

Edit: I shouldn't have left out their service! GS customer service is great. I did have a couple warranty issues and both were handled very well. And anytime I had a question, it was answered. Customer service means a great deal to me and GS did a good job there.

Folks

I grow with LED. I have had great success. I offer the link to my journal so you can see.

Hey guys been a reader of these forums for years and have done a number of grows under MH & HPS setups and just started an account to ask some questions and as always when I read on here learn a few things.. I moved for job reasons and after selling my lights before the move am now back in the market.. I would really like to switch to LED lights... I have been doing some of my own looking around and I have a few questions on some spec and how they look.. If I could get any help I would be truly grateful.

These are specs of a 240 watt and the last one is a 300 watt. The 240 watt has a 1 year warranty and the 300 watt has a 3 year warranty.

Both of these products claim to use Bridgelux and Epistar LEDs

I see that this 240 watt is running at 145 watts is like a OK ratio for LED?? Also I saw the Lemans are 5750..
240W high power led grow light ,Adopt 800pcs 3W LED chip (Epistar band -42mil and 45mil size chip)
LEDs: 80pcs,3W high power(1 core led) Lumens: 5750lumen
Viewing angle: 90/120 degrees Working Temperature: -35°~+55°
Spectrum 8 band: 660nm,650nm,630nm,610nm,460nm,450nm,440nm,2800K
Input Votalge: 85V-265V AC Humitity: 0%~95% relative humidity
Output Power: 80pcs*3watt Lifespan: 50,000-100,000 hours
Power consumption: 145W+/-3% Dimension 400mm*212mm*60mm

I see this is only a 5 spectrum of light but will this still work for veg & flower?
LED Configuration:100 x 3w LEDs
Power consumption:240-270w
Imput voltage: AC85~264V
Lux: 1M/1780,1.5M/870,2M/580
Lumens:≥12000 Lm
Lifespan:50,000 Hours
Color:Deep Red/Red/Blue/Orange
Wavelength:
Red: 630nm, 16 leds
Blue: 460nm, 10 leds
Orange: 610nm,10 leds
Deep Red: 660nm, 64 leds
Input voltage:AC85~264V
Input current:≤1-2A
Work frequency:50/60 Hz
Working environment:-20~40 degrees c
Certificates:CE, ROHS

Thanks again for any help..

Due to the fact that great technological advancements are being made in today’s world, the importance of led grow lights in indoor gardening and hydroponics is being recognized more and more. It all started as a market and now has acquired its own individual cult-style following. It is focused on growing items such as strawberries.

What?

I gave Ed Rosenthal 954W (3 x 318W units) to test against a 1000W HPS (his request) to prove the efficacy of our lights.

I spent over 2 solid years developing our lights solely for my medical garden and fellow patients I know. It took several models, and hundreds of research/design hours to reach a design that was market-ready.

I've arranged for 3 separate competitor grow tests to be displayed online. In each test, we placed ourselves in the underdog position, to prove just how much more efficient our lights are, vs everyone else. We are doing our 126W light against the ProSource 180W Jumbo UFO. Our 63W Light against a 90W Sunlight Hydro (eBay) UFO, and a member on this forum is using 2, 63W lights against a 150W LED bar. I've since voiced a friendly challenge to fellow-sponsor Haight Solid State on this forum, where I would put my 126W panel against their 186W panel.

I'm not only confident in our lights, I'm out to prove to the world how we literally destroy all of the competition, as well as HID. My grow tests on this forum are just for fun, demonstrative purposes :;): Our customers (and Ed Rosenthal) are there to show you all the independent results to back up our claim of being the world's most advanced LED grow light manufacturer.

where can I get some of your lights?

where can I get some of your lights?

The poster in your quotes is no longer a member here. Possibly from spamming bs about their products being better than everyone else. Coupled with trying to get people to go to their site but not willing to be a sponsor here either. Just my guess anyways.

The poster in your quotes is no longer a member here. Possibly from spamming bs about their products being better than everyone else. Coupled with trying to get people to go to their site but not willing to be a sponsor here either. Just my guess anyways.

do you know about led lights? I just want them for veg. Dont know what brand would be recommended.

I use Grow Stealth led, a sponsor here and I've been successful with them. I currently am flowering some in a hempy grow with it now, not in my current journal, just a small side grow from my main grow.

I was sceptical as well. I purchased 4 of the 3w leds from walmart online to try them out. For $30 bucks for the 4 set fig if its a loss than who cares.I had 3 24" grow floros to start my seedlings and wired up the leds in the cheep $6 duel floodlight setup. angled them sideways from each side. Had the seedlings about 3" from the florecents and about a foot to foot and a half from the leds. Figured it might boost the grow. I actualy noticed that the plants ignored the floro's and directed towards the leds. Was woried maybe the plants were just drooping so i switched them around and they angled back to the leds. I have to say im going strait led. With no heat I should be able to suround my plants with them. Think its sixty a ten pack online, 270 lumes each, bearly even warm to the touch and electric bill stays down- pure win!!
Hi all,
I like many others are looking into the new technology of LED lighting. My question is this, why is there not an official review being conducted by those who are defined as the leaders of providing information in this community? Is 420 planning on doing their own testing and review of this technology? Why havnt those in the know, with the obvious financial backing, completed reviews on this new technology?

If I have missed an official review, could sombody help point me in the right direction?

With the amount of exposure LED lighting is receiving at the moment, I would seriously consider making a dedicated posting area for LED's. Until somthing official is published about this new technology, be it positive or negative, these threads are going to continue to infect grow forums accross the globe. (No pun intended)

Great site guys, keep it up. Your knowledge is appreciated.

Well I have been searching the web for months for LED grow lights that are solar powered. I couldn't find anything other than one company in Florida called Solar Illuminations. They seem to offer several different solar LED grow light systems. Their kits seem to be complete with everything you need, are plug & play and easy to install. Because they use solar powered they do not require any connection to the grid. They even offer an optional time clock so you can set your on/off times as needed. I guess these are ideal for places where there is no electricity such as a garage, outbuilding or cabin. They are also ideal for those not wishing to increase their electric bill.

Probably junk being as they give no statistical data whatsoever on the grow lights. Probably fine for something tiny like bean sprouts.:bravo:

Well I have been searching the web for months for LED grow lights that are solar powered. I couldn't find anything other than one company in Florida called Solar Illuminations. They seem to offer several different solar LED grow light systems. Their kits seem to be complete with everything you need, are plug & play and easy to install. Because they use solar powered they do not require any connection to the grid. They even offer an optional time clock so you can set your on/off times as needed. I guess these are ideal for places where there is no electricity such as a garage, outbuilding or cabin. They are also ideal for those not wishing to increase their electric bill.
Man how I WISH!! How deep does one pocket(more pockets, more money!) has to be? Solar panels, not cheap! Another dream/Wish is to be off the grid, completely!
I'm really interested in the LED's! I have a PPF-400 Haight, using it for cloning and veg! Does well, better than my CFL's. I have a lack of power and dislike paying those high bills! I've been reading about a LED company, they are expensive but the reviews are great! Maybe 2 Good! Almost hard to believe! Yet you can believe everything on the internet, right? I don't care to advertise for them but I'm leaning towards them when I decide to buy. I haven't seen anybody mention there name, but I'm sure you read about them.
OK got to ask, that's why we post isn't it! Advance LED Lights. They have good review. Anybody using their lights??:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom