Let's Grow A Pound

Great plants mate...do you always pull the leaves off near the end to help light penetration? I always thought this would reduce the "food producing" portions of the plant, but then again near the end it doesnt need these as much....just never thought like that before.

Great plants mate...do you always pull the leaves off near the end to help light penetration? I always thought this would reduce the "food producing" portions of the plant, but then again near the end it doesnt need these as much....just never thought like that before.

Thanks Brother. It sort of depends on the plants. On the Barney's, there's an excellent calyx/leaf ratio, so the extent of removal would be limited to perhaps just a couple of fan leaves. WW' s calyx/leaf ratio sucks. There are a ton of leaves, and buds are just completely in the dark with 600w of light 20" away. Generally, a short, stocky plant will need a bit more leaf removal than taller plants, but I try to wait until the last two weeks of a cycle to begin doing it. Early removal of leaves can have a seriously negative impact on your yield, so don't get in a rush to do it.

I should add, I've decided to wait another day or two to trim her up. She has slowed her water uptake up a fair bit, so I'm going to give her a little more time.

Thanks for the extra info...makes total sence. Ive always just folded the leaves under the buds to keep as many as possible but i guess if there are tonnes of leaves this would lead to moisture buildup due to evapotranspiration being caught on the buds.

Barneys #2. She's doing great, lot's of new production as well as swelling what's already there. 41 days into flower and I'm quite pleased with where all the plants are at.

Pics...

100_12921.jpg

100_12932.jpg

100_12941.jpg

100_12952.jpg

100_12962.jpg

100_13013.jpg

100_13044.jpg

100_13064.jpg

100_13072.jpg

100_13101.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

Looking really good brother grower :cheer:....that last plant has some serious fan leafs :popcorn:

Yes it does. I have a total of 8 of those beans left and I'm putting them away until next season and those are going outdoors with some of my BigFoot Skunk. These things have the potential to be absolute monsters outdoors, and I've got a little land to use next year. Maybe I'll try and do a outdoor journal.

thanks for the link SONIQ.Time to order..

Southern: any advice on the roadrunner strain?
and damn that towel in the background brings the color out in that frosty lady.

As soon as she shows hairs...mine was around day 18...start blasting her with all the P you can. She wants to go def there early if you aren't right on top of it. Other than that one little thing, it was the easiest plant I ever grew, she's not a high maitainance plant at all.

You might also look in on WeedRyder's current journal, he's growing one that makes mine look like a midget. I wouldn't be suprised at all if his yeild tops 40 grams dry.

Morning all. For the first day since flowering began, I can identify nothing new on any of the plants I'm growing. I guess now it's just time to watch them swell what is already there.

Barney's#1...she's a freak of an indoor plant. If I chppoed her today, I'm reasonably sure I'd get close to 3 oz dry from her...and the big final swell has yet to take place.

Anyhow, here's some pics for y'all...

100_13121.jpg

100_13131.jpg

100_13171.jpg

100_13192.jpg

100_13242.jpg

100_13252.jpg

100_13261.jpg

100_13291.jpg

100_13301.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed it

Hey Southern, I know i stated this before but Jesus Christ!!
those middle buds in the internode look like damn colas bro!
Seriously I guess all that P you hit it with supercharged em

I only hit my plants with some sorry ass nutes
with a NPK of like 2-2-4, I need to catch on to this pile of shit (literally) and start crankin some P on my plants

Back
Top Bottom