Light green leaves slow growth 2 inches in 9 days tips curling

AgedMaster

Hi all

can someone look at these. do they appear healthy wondering why tips curling down on couple of leaves

there in 4gal fabric pots

coco coir
feed is coco a+b and rhizotonic
ec 0.8

WP_20220317_08_02_40_Pro - Copy.jpg

WP_20220317_08_02_46_Pro - Copy.jpg

It's almost impossible to over feed in Coco. The more often you feed the faster the plant will grow. When I grew in Coco I fed twice per day & 3 times per day when I started flower. Every time you feed it pushes fresh air to the roots helping the plants grow. Coco has to be kept moist or it will dry out & get salt build ups. It has to be pH of 5.8. Never feed straight water in Coco. Nutes every time. Coco will give you some nice big plants. But all that feeding was a PITA for me so I went back to soil. I'd use a drip system if I ever did another Coco grow.

my friend was getting 10oz per plant feeding every 3 days ive red that u never want to saturate roots will give another feed see if they perk up thanks
The root thing is true in soil. Soil holds the water longer & the bottoms take longer to dry out. But in Coco your feed drains way better & it dries faster. Coco & Hydro are pretty much the same in the fact that they are constantly being fed.
Hey @Bill284 , what's your thoughts ? You always have good advice.

The root thing is true in soil. Soil holds the water longer & the bottoms take longer to dry out. But in Coco your feed drains way better & it dries faster. Coco & Hydro are pretty much the same in the fact that they are constantly being fed.
Hey @Bill284 , what's your thoughts ? You always have good advice.
Hey Buds hope your having a good day.
Thanks for the tag.
Good morning @agedmaster sorry your having problems.
You have to follow a couple parameters in coco that are very important.
First, feed every day with nutrients.
Never let coco dry never.
Never give plain water either.
Your feed must be set at 5.8 exactly.
You must put cal mag in your feed water first, let mix for 15 minutes then add A then B.
Water in a circle around her so roots chase the feed water.
Your girls are small so around 500 ppm now is fine.
But full strength nutrients when they get bigger.
Follow these rules and they will be ok. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Coco will give you some nice big plants. But all that feeding was a PITA for me so I went back to soil. I'd use a drip system if I ever did another Coco grow.

run a 4 or 5L hempy. essentially the same curve as coco but the feedings are fewer, and the buckets are smaller. when running the 5L they get fed once every 3 days in early thru mid veg, every other day from mid veg to early flower, and about daily from mid flower to finish.

this coco grow is definitely a bit underfed. nothing fatal though. easy fix.

Hey Buds hope your having a good day.
Thanks for the tag.
Good morning @agedmaster sorry your having problems.
You have to follow a couple parameters in coco that are very important.
First, feed every day with nutrients.
Never let coco dry never.
Never give plain water either.
Your feed must be set at 5.8 exactly.
You must put cal mag in your feed water first, let mix for 15 minutes then add A then B.
Water in a circle around her so roots chase the feed water.
Your girls are small so around 500 ppm now is fine.
But full strength nutrients when they get bigger.
Follow these rules and they will be ok. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
hi bill my pal told me to always let coco dry never ph water we always get 7ft tall plants only veg for 2 weeks average 10 oz per plant always haze we have a load of grows between us i would have him take a look but he grows everywhere so dont want him near my property i grow for personal use only as i suffer with arthritis have fully soaked them now hopefully alls good also i dont no if its strain there cheese clones haze seems to handle are feed i will follow what your saying see difference thanks bud

forgot to mention i use canna professional plus coco dont no if thats why i dont need to ph

i think they claim an organic base with a chelation type negating the need to ph. there's a bunch of nutes in this style. depending on individual conditions, ph still winds up being a good idea in some cases.

calmag should be run if you're not doing so.

i think they claim an organic base with a chelation type negating the need to ph. there's a bunch of nutes in this style. depending on individual conditions, ph still winds up being a good idea in some cases.

calmag should be run if you're not doing so.
hi bluter dont need calmag have enough from tap my tap water ec is 0.4 i think its bad clones the stems are woody and new stem growth is green the person i got them off said they was miss treated ive read it can take 6 to 7 weeks to recover ive ordered some autoflower seeds will veg them for 8 weeks see if they fully recover thanks

That looks like the pH is off - Rhizotonic does affect pH considerably and it takes quite a while to settle down
Although Coco Pro+ is buffered, the nute solution still needs to be in range
Try a straight CaMg + A/B feed @5.8-6.0 - although your tap water may contain some Ca/Mg, it is not necessarily in the correct ratio or in a readily available form for coco

That looks like the pH is off - Rhizotonic does affect pH considerably and it takes quite a while to settle down
Although Coco Pro+ is buffered, the nute solution still needs to be in range
Try a straight CaMg + A/B feed @5.8-6.0 - although your tap water may contain some Ca/Mg, it is not necessarily in the correct ratio or in a readily available form for coco
me and my friend have alot of grows between us in coco never used cal mag or phd water are bud is always nice top bud is like a cabbage this is only the second time in coco this has happend the last time i got more gave the bad ones a friend to see if he could recover them never did so we through them ive seen it takes 6 to 7 weeks to recover dont want to spend more on electric than what im getting from them but if i grow autoflowers i can have them down in 8 weeks keep the cheese vegging i was going to repot in 4 ltr pots will they get root bound vegging 8 weeks in 4ltr pots

Welp guys, sounds like he’s got it under control. I’m not going to echo what’s already been said about feeding multiple times daily w/CalMag, never let coco dry, and pH to 5.8.
This is what 14 days should look like.
911537A1-7F72-423B-B9B6-6A9D7F3F3F6A.jpeg

Welp guys, sounds like he’s got it under control. I’m not going to echo what’s already been said about feeding multiple times daily w/CalMag, never let coco dry, and pH to 5.8.
This is what 14 days should look like.
911537A1-7F72-423B-B9B6-6A9D7F3F3F6A.jpeg
we grow different i go for 7ft tall plants u go for short plants 10 oz per plant the way we do it im not gona change it i was wondering why they was growing slow im just asking why the slow growth its pointless me adding other nutes it will make my problem worse someone said feed a little more thats what i shall do not give nutes i dont need different countrys different water from tap

we grow different i go for 7ft tall plants u go for short plants 10 oz per plant the way we do it im not gona change it i was wondering why they was growing slow im just asking why the slow growth its pointless me adding other nutes it will make my problem worse someone said feed a little more thats what i shall do not give nutes i dont need different countrys different water from tap
Fair enough - good luck amigo

sorry if i come off rude i have aspergers
Thanks for making us aware, it's no problem, we're all friends here
I am on the scale too and have an obsession with words and choose them very carefully
I am often misinterpreted as curt simply because people don't understand what I am actually saying, or because I'm not frightened of saying what some people don't want to hear
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom