Light Option Opinions Needed

Blazer420

Long story short, I'm adding another light to one of my rooms. That space currently just has a single 1k HID in it. I also have to battle some heat issues. So the minimum I will do is replace the current hood with an 8" model. But I still have a light coverage issue...

That said, when I begin to price things out, if I add a new light, convert the other to 8" and buy a new canister, fan, ducting, ballast, etc I'm really close to having 2 of the 450w Solar Storm LED lights with UVB and my heat issue is solved. So here are my options...

1) Get a single 8" xxxl hood

2) Get the dual lamp 8" HydroFarm Raptor

3) Get 2 "regular" sized 8" hoods

4) Sell what I have now, get an 8" xxxl hood, save my shekels for about 6-8 months, sell that hood and get the dual 450w Solar Storms

Opinions? Thoughts? Things I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

B-

Would you get better coverage using 2 or if you can even 3 600 hps you could run in series within air cooled tubes. Just a thought.

That isn't a bad idea, but I have no experience with cool tubes - and haven't even seen one in operation - so I wouldn't even know where to begin with wings etc. Plus, because of the configuration of the room I'm dealing with I think I might have problems getting to the "middle" light to swap from MH to HPS. Not saying its a bad idea, or not one worth considering, just something I would have to think about a bit.

Thanks for thinking of that option!

B-

Back
Top Bottom