Lights and timer question for US growers

I was just thinking about this too. I figured since daylight savings time is pretty much just a means to compensate for varying levels of sunlight during the times of day people need to be awake and up farming, then it doesn't actually have any bearing at all on an artificial light. The only difference is that the timer will be running an hour earlier according to your clock, so if you ha a habit of checking it at one time or the other then it wouldn't necessarily be on during that time.

I would think that switching it wouldn't have much of an effect since it would only effect it through one cycle, but I don't know how a plant in flower would like having one cycle of 13 hours of light for example. Could cause some hermies but my gut tells me it wouldn't matter. Still, I wasn't willing to try it with my timer.

An hour difference I don't bother with, when power went out for 3 hours few months ago I reset them all. If ones in Flower get done and I"m not using any of the timers then I will probably reset them, but only then

I've been leaving my timers alone as well. I didn't want to mess up their schedule. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that does this.

Plants are lucky, they don't have to deal with being all goofed up for a week or two twice a year....wish they would do away with the whole move the clock back and forth stuff.

Back
Top Bottom