Lil worried about cold summer nights

Guerillaguru

420 Member
So I recently germinated a few auto fem from crop king and afgani landrance regs. For outdoor crop the autos in 6 gal black pots and afgani In Qt size pots they haven't broken surface yet only been day an half but its 4 am now and its 48°F outside it's not usually this cold in June been cold alot of nights here this june I'm usually running A.C. Iautot's been like 60 to 70°F during day. Is this to cool and gonna have negative effect? I covered the autos with burlap is this needed till warms up? Thanks in advance this community is great !!!

So I recently germinated a few auto fem from crop king and afgani landrance regs. For outdoor crop the autos in 6 gal black pots and afgani In Qt size pots they haven't broken surface yet only been day an half but its 4 am now and its 48°F outside it's not usually this cold in June been cold alot of nights here this june I'm usually running A.C. Iautot's been like 60 to 70°F during day. Is this to cool and gonna have negative effect? I covered the autos with burlap is this needed till warms up? Thanks in advance this community is great !!!

im in vermont and thinking the same thing.
i have a photo gorilla glue and 2 auto crap king NYC diesels outside now.

i only check them once a week so will know more on monday

Don't worry bro. Im I. Massachusetts and i had same worries but she's all good

I sowed them inside until one week old hope this helps

They are popping up I got like 7 or 8 heads thru I never really worried but alot of money in seeds this time. Usually germinate in soil in individual cells and move them to summer home when I can transplant to bags there

The cool nights have been bothersome for us Southern Ontario growers too. I’m currently trying to grow 11 plants in my backyard and all from clones of my current tent grow. All of them are still pretty small and so I can cover them up with plastic pots and store purchased veg containers my sister is growing for her garden. I have one clone that went in the ground over a month ago because it was becoming root bound in its container and has thankfully done very well. I would cover it with a clear storage container in the early days because of lack of heat and the rain. Still using it today for rain and cooler night. Have to use a metal flower my mom bought as a decoration to hold the container safely above Fruity Pebbles clone that have over grown the tomato cage and now stands roughly 27” tall. Look like next week things might improve for the warmer and even a slight humidex :eek:

I'm in Montana at almost 46 degrees N and 3700 feet. I've got a greenhouse, but temps in there often get down below 50 F and it doesn't seem to have an impact. I think many strains can handle it, being from mountainous areas where temps can fluctuate a lot.

I'm in Montana at almost 46 degrees N and 3700 feet. I've got a greenhouse, but temps in there often get down below 50 F and it doesn't seem to have an impact. I think many strains can handle it, being from mountainous areas where temps can fluctuate a lot.
Same here in Boston. Shitty spring start to summer. Cokd nights however my Northern Lights doesnt seem to mind. Thanks goodness

7742D75C-38E9-406D-98E9-999DC7185BF1.jpeg

If they get a chance to warm up in a 24 hour cycle they are usually fine....my spring temps swing from 50F-100F.
Hey I love maine spent my summers there in my childhood got family in saco and Sanford. I always knew they were much more progressive state then mine and those marijuana laws proved it. Thanks for info. Also I checked out your greenhouse pic very inspirational I've been saving windows from renovation on home for 4 years in basement might finally make it happen

20190619_230838.jpg
20190619_230838.jpg
20190619_231236.jpg
20190619_230838.jpg20190619_231236.jpg

I apologize for the kinds blurry images I was burning wood In grill for_ ashes and charcoal. But the weather here is so wet and shitty. I never grew autos before. So I put in big pots like I heard to do. The seedings doing great but roots are small still cant get rid of excess water in pot. So I planted lemongrass and marigold plants to use up water till there big enough to do by itself also put Italian dandelion seeds just a few. I heard on Wake an Bake America podcast that they are a dynamic accumulater and will process nutes and minerals In soil and will be available and absorbed easier when you cut and mulch in soil later
Like green manure butfor calcium, potassium and sulfur also trace minerals. They very small in pics. But strong little guys. Hoping the weather in N.E USA will get better and dry up before I get mold or mites. Thanks hoping this is the start to vetting me to community

Also wanted to say I'm using for soil its 2 bags of promix 1 seedling 1 general purpose about 3 gal of sand, 2 bags of perlite small 1s , worm castings 3 gal of my reg garden soil (it's good compost and loom) and got some nice peat off forest floor behind only added a lil try and boost good bacteria/ mycorirze

Also wanted to say I'm using for soil its 2 bags of promix 1 seedling 1 general purpose about 3 gal of sand, 2 bags of perlite small 1s , worm castings 3 gal of my reg garden soil (it's good compost and loom) and got some nice peat off forest floor behind only added a lil try and boost good bacteria/ mycorirze
Ph read at 6.8 think it's good probley lil high form nutes in soil in

depends on what your worry is. They won’t be what they could have been cause the cold will “stunt” there growth. They don’t grow as fast in colder or hotter temps. That will affect your overall yield. So don’t count that strain out for next season because you made a mistake, it’s now the what could have bean haha.

Back
Top Bottom