Lootznbootz Gets A CLU

Hey everyone sorry for leaving you all hanging!
Im still here and still growing!

Ill be honest i just needed a break .
Not just from 420 but from everything i took a vacation about a week ago now and just have had to recharge!

There was a little chaos but ive gotten it all figured out for the most part.

I wasnt just having problems in my tent and decided to stop posting lol
The tent is looking delicious as of late.
Tho one did arise with me taking vacation but ill get to that in a second.

Not really sure where exactly we left off but for a recap for all of us myself included.

3x3 tent
250w citizen clu kit from timber.
7 gallon fabric pot using FFOF
R/o water
Nectar sample kit
Mammoth P
Exhaust fan blah blah blah i think we got it now.

April 9th was the flip.

Which puts us at week 6 from the flip and about week 4 since seeing the first flowers give or take a day.

So i went on vacation this past weekend and made a few mistakes trying to compensate for my absence...

Basically I watered too much before i left to hold it over.
then had my sister in law water it for me while i was gone and she watered way too much of the " premade" nute solution i left for her.

And she also didnt empty the shopvac when she was done so with all of that i ran into a fungus gnat problem.

I placed my fans to blow over the top of the medium to stop them from jumping and flying and mating which in turn prevents them from making larvae that eat on my root tips.

I have not watered in about a week to let the soil dry out very good and help get back into a rhythm.
As the top soil has been drying i have been shopvacing it to remove the layer of soil their hiding under.
This was the end result

420-magazine-mobile1715244454.jpg

Then i fed the plant 3 gallons VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY.
I was very sure to be patient as it was very dry and took a while to saturate and get some runoff.

Runoff was back in check
watered at 6.5 ph came out at 6.3 6.4
Watered at 800ish ppm
Runoff ppm was not far off

After watering her i replaced the soil on top of her pot but did not water i want to ensure that the top soil stays dry until we get rid of those little gnats for good.

Alot of the growth under the canopy is developing but very slowly and is very light green BUT because of the oil or resin production on it doesnt worry me.
Its just not getting any light so we know the scrog did its job. I have considered putting some led light bulbs underneat the net to get light where the cobs cant penetrate.

Above the net beside the minor tip burn and a few of the old spots where the cobs burned her shes looking very good im sure your curious to see so enough talking here she is.

420-magazine-mobile1009139331.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1034253525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1530444584.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2028222368.jpg

420-magazine-mobile43707585.jpg

420-magazine-mobile42219153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1564005878.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1016093864.jpg

420-magazine-mobile109403439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1892290560.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2131050137.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1132980716.jpg

Hope you all follow me to the finish.

Thanks for stopping by

Excellent recap lootz. Things look good for having been away for a while. I'm in to the end for sure. Glad you're back.
Thanks dawg!

Im fortunate to have had the luck i had while getting my affairs in order.

At one point i thought i was going to have to chop her down!!!

Thankfully that wasnt the case.

Im actually thinking about starting another strain.

I have to close out my other veg journal because i did scrap those unfortunately but i think it was for the best actually.

Blue dream is at the top of my list right now but im having such a hard time deciding.

Maybe you guys can help?

Start of a new week so a great time to update.

Today is week 7 from the flip
Week 5 of flower
And everything looks right on track.

I got rid of the fungas gnat problem thankfully i noticed it early.

Today i went through the canopy in search of used leaves.

I try and get as much as i can from underneath the net.

Its not only fun but also a good idea to gently search through the canopy every so often searching for any problems in general.
I love trying to pull my fingers apart afterwards.

The colas are beginning to fill out
I decided to turn the lights all the way up.
Hopefully this helps the swell.
I want to add the led bulbs underneath my canopy and i just havent had a chance to fish them out but nows a good time for that as well.

Temps are perfect and stable
And rh is below 45

Smooth sailing at the moment!

420-magazine-mobile644925701.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1473889.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1616638883.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1560949673.jpg

420-magazine-mobile934498108.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2098842760.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1932372254.jpg

420-magazine-mobile315217404.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1646705940.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2018389275.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1956130317.jpg

420-magazine-mobile593849484.jpg

Some lower buds LOOK HOW FROSTY!

420-magazine-mobile1330578007.jpg

420-magazine-mobile146254011.jpg

420-magazine-mobile645327786.jpg

Also ive realized that i need to start my seeds for next grow to make sure i have clones before flower.

I should have one picked by tomorrow im sure lol

Top of my list blue dream

This is from HSO website

Humboldt County, California has help to evolve some of the most resistant and productive varieties on the planet. With large selection pools drawn from every year and driven by extreme climatic changes has create a community of superior growers and breeders alike. The-Blue Dream-is an immaculate reflection of the new age hybrid lineage movement.

SCROG methods are ideal maximize Blue Dream production. A healthy and balanced start makes for a great harvest. A healthy and balanced start makes for a great harvest. HSO's Blue Dream has large production value matched by amazing resistance.

Humboldt Seeds Blue Dream

DJ Short's-Blueberry X Super Silver Haze has resulted in a modern day icon, the Blue Dream. Rapid and aggressive vegetative growth combined with a vigorous root system makes for short periods indoors before inducing the flowering cycle. Strong and hearty infrastructure allows for minimum attention during the beginning stages.-Trellising-is recommended as the-SCROG-method reigns supreme when maintaining this variety.

Long inter-nodal stacking results in huge terminal sites, which typically go-70-77-days. This sativa leaning hybrid is unique in it's ability to produce substance all the way to the bottom of the stem. Finishing with very high oil content, matched by blue and silver hues, the Blue Dream is unmistakably beautiful, producing remarkable yields at over 1-1.5 grams per watt.

Outdoors production value is met with an equal amount of size and resistance. Cages are absolutely recommended as the Blue Dream can tower up to 15 feet in height and width. This is contingent upon pot size, lines of latitude and longitude as well as the feeding schedule of the plant. Secondary soft trellising is recommended as well to support massive terminal sites. Blue Dream can be harvested from the middle to the end of October. Yields have been seen at over 6 kilos per plant.

The flavor profile is a vibrant fusion of sharp pepper and fuel overtones followed by an equally sweet berry finish. These aromas transfer directly back to the flavor, providing a very smooth and enjoyable smoke. The effect of Blue Dream is what has captivated so many different types of people over the years. An upbeat, uplifting and energizing high has euphoric effects with a light and relaxing finish as it's great for creative thinking and outdoor daytime use.

Next up is dinafems bubba kush

Again from dinafems site

small marijuana plant that develops thick, compact buds covered in resin. Delivering generous, high-quality yields with little effort and without difficulty, it will delight beginner and expert growers alike. Resin production is abundant.

Bubba Kush cannabis seed performs well indoors no matter what cultivation method is used and is well suited to small spaces. Outdoors it responds best to temperate/dry climates and to the cosy environment of a greenhouse. It boasts unique organoleptic properties and gets beautiful lavender and purple hues if undergoing a decrease in temperature of 10 ºC at night.

The flavour and aroma of Bubba Kush are pronounced, with hints of earth, spices, coffee, fuel and citrus fruits. The long-lasting effect is powerful, relaxing and sedative. It is the perfect cannabis strain for unwinding and for medical use.

Characteristics of Bubba Kush cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds

Suitable forIndoors and outdoorsSexFeminizedGenotype10% Sativa/ 90% IndicaCrossPre'98 Bubba KushIndoor flowering period60-65 daysOutdoor harvest timeMid-OctoberIndoor yield500 g/m2Outdoor yield600-800 g/plantTHC18%CBD0.22%THC/CBD Ratio81:1

G13 purple haze

From their site

Inheriting best features of its parents Purple Haze became a vigorous and highly yielding resin producer. Its long, big flowers are beautiful and full of trichomes. Darker than most Sativas, more dark green of the Afghan varieties than the lime green of their equatorial counterparts. During harvesting its aroma becomes stronger, richer and more noticeable. This beautiful purple in colour hybrid has short flowering time (55-65 days). Its yields depends on care and attention you will put into it.

Next fruitslap from europa seeds

Fruit Slap

Querkle is an absolute amazing strain all by herself, so putting her together with Island Sweet Skunk was-Inevitable, Pungent sweet fruity Dank delivering an enormous SLAP.
This high yielding lady will transport you to other worlds which could take some time for you to return to your normal bubble.

Parents: Querkle clone mother, Island Sweet Skunk father

Medicinal:-Great medicinal strain, brings on-Creativity, -pain relief, anxiety, OCD, depression,-muscle relaxant.

Taste: Deep Rich Skunky Hashy fruity taste

Flowering: indoor 8-9, outdoor end Oct

Effect: Very strong uplifting lasts a long time couple of hrs.

Type: Indica 70%, Sativa 30%

Height: Short but some pheno's can get a little taller very good yields

Quick update

Yesterday was day 45ish of 12/12

I decided that a defoil was much needed.
Up until this point i havent done any defoiling during flower but there were huge fans blocking buds and alot of lime green growth underneath the top buds

On top of the defoil, i added my 8 led bulbs to the bottom of my tent shining up into the canopy from underneath
They add about 3 to 5 degrees of heat so tonight i have to reconfigure my intake.

I let her dry out a little to make sure i was back on track as far as watering goes and yesterday she needed it bad which shows that shes back to her normal drinking and i can continue where i left off before the vacation issues.

Before the defoil

420-magazine-mobile1244061383.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1987054914.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2086170966.jpg

If you look closely you can kinda see fan leaves with long stems reaching all over bottom line it was getting out of control

After defoil
420-magazine-mobile1123425772.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1257856080.jpg

420-magazine-mobile491312204.jpg

She could definitely use some more but i didnt want to get too crazy

I didnt clip anything but fan leaves

Id like to see what the led bulbs under the canopy do to the larfy stuff underneath.

The swell is obvious now the smell is in full effect.
One reason why i chose this strain again from the 3 i grew last time was the smell during flower.
It had such a strong noticeable smell last time.
Like a skunk early and coffee later on in flower

I dont even like coffee lol

The resin is starting to pack on too.

It almost seems like the lower smaller buds in the shade had more?

420-magazine-mobile668502099.jpg

Thats basically it for now ill update more frequently to document these changes more closely.

Oh and i decided to go with the blue dream!

I put it in a solo of ffof monday and its opened should be looking up in another day or 2.

I went with the blue dream because i wanted to grow that one most lol
But because overall it seemed like everything i have been doing lately with my grow was perfect for the blue dream.
Ie. The scrog, the cobs, the fabric pot, the nectar nutes, the cloning ratios tho theyve all passed on since..
It just kinda made sense.

Anyways ill get more pics tonight hopefully the blue dream is up by then.

Thanks for stopping by

Looks like it will be a heavy harvest, they're swelling nicely.
Thanks penny i hope so!
i think the defoil is definitely going to help.
Also i think waiting to defoil helped as well.
Letting the plant use the leaves it couldnt use on its own.

Better to have and not need than need and not have.

Ive always been a fan of defoil but this grow i have toned it back alot and i think ill continue to use this discretion in future grows.

Thanks for stopping by penny!

They sure are filling nicely. I've got to consider less defol or at least more timely as well. I can get a little carried away at times I think.
Thanks dawg.

I too get carried away.

I will say tho in veg i love to defoil because the plant does fill out and comes back stronger.
Ill probably continue to defoil heavily in veg especially with a scrog
Lollipopping and what not.

but i honestly thought about your last grow when looking at mine.
The white widow was packed in that net even after adding the second tier.

At the end of the day we have to remember regardless of how much the leaves may get in the way of the pretty buds were after we need them to power the buds along.
Wether it be for photosynthesis or a nutrient bank to use up when it has no need for it.

#savealeaf lmao

I usually wait until flowering starts before i defol then i just take whats needed to open up bud sites.
Yea i think i should've trimmed her once already but well see what happens hopefully its not too late and i get branches of buds like last grow lol

Ok time for an update.

Sunday was the start of week 6 of flower.
8 weeks since the flip.

420-magazine-mobile1500937704.jpg

Still moving along nicely.

Sunday i gave 3 gallons of water with only 3 tsps of slf100

420-magazine-mobile1266203030.jpg

Shes beginning to swell and stink more everyday.
I need a new carbon filter for sure.
The house is okay for now but my bedroom smells like the cannabis cup!

A few changes that i have made recently and what i have noticed since making them.

1. Addition of lights under the canopy.

I added 8 led bulbs 60w equivalent with the domes cut off shining under my canopy.

420-magazine-mobile1968849156.jpg

Ive noticed the benefits of them already.

Believe it or not there has been a sudden spurt of growth in the larfy stuff under the net.
As well as the amount of leaves falling off from under the canopy went from a couple everyday to now ive found 2 in the past week since adding the lights.

Yesterday i lowered the cobs about 4 clicks on the ratchet hangers so bout a half inch maybe? Well see what happens

2. Adjusted intake vent.
The addition of those lights created a max 5° increase in temp.

I dont have a pic for this but.
all i simply did was move the ducting for my intake
from next to the small window above my bed
and put it under my bed going across the room pointing at the
Central a/c vent on the opposite wall.

This brought my temps back down where i want it (79°)and even a little cooler (75°) some days.

Humidity is about 45% lights on
55-60% lights off

3. Light defoil.

This ones easy I took only leaves blocking buds and wouldnt you know it those buds are looking better now!

Who woulda thought?

420-magazine-mobile1849913158.jpg

420-magazine-mobile65743070.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545000592.jpg

Lower buds noticeably increasing in weight i know because now it looks like an actual bud and not just pistil on a stick lol
420-magazine-mobile1076282891.jpg

420-magazine-mobile756680073.jpg

Very frosty!
420-magazine-mobile1064197504.jpg

420-magazine-mobile525554782.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1676489643.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1084149932.jpg

So far so good

Im going to continue mid flower nutes this week.
And begin late flower nutes at week 7 - 10
Flush at week 10 or 11
not sure but i think ill let this one go a little longer.

This will give me more time to get the blue dream ready and give me some real knock out smoke.
If shell allow me she may be 75% amber when i chop.
And thats super late for me lol

If you havent seen my newest journal yet stop by and say hi

It will be showcasing HSO Blue Dream
Its started from seed so it may be a little slow going at first but i promise i have some interesting things planned for that little seedling.

420-magazine-mobile728673108.jpg

Link should be in my signature!

Hope to see you there and thanks for stopping by!

Subbed to this one now too bro! Lookin tasty dude! I was thinking about what you where talking about with adding light underneath the scrog to beef up the larf. Let me know how that works out man, I usually trim everything below the net off mine in hopes that with less waisted energy on lowers I'm making up for it with added energy to the tops. Let me know tho!

Back
Top Bottom