Lootznbootz Gets A CLU

Subbed to this one now too bro! Lookin tasty dude! I was thinking about what you where talking about with adding light underneath the scrog to beef up the larf. Let me know how that works out man, I usually trim everything below the net off mine in hopes that with less waisted energy on lowers I'm making up for it with added energy to the tops. Let me know tho!

I have noticed 3 things since adding the light under the net.

1. there has been a noticeable increase in bud production.
The growth underneath isn't so lime green anymore as well either.

2. I have noticed some light burn on the growth closest to the lights underneath. It's not too bad and nothing to worrisome.

3. leaves dying in the canopy has come to a stop

Overall I feel it's definitely benefiting the plant having that extra light underneath.

I may add supplementary lighting to my list of things to fine tune for future grows.

I have photos but will have to upload them later because my phone is acting up and I'm not on the app

Thanks penny if I could get a decent picture will try to upload the purple starting in some of the buds.

My ole lady doesn't smoke or grow with me but she saw it and she was excited for me. It's very subtle and hard to capture with any camera I have but it's there.

I'm very happy right now buds are getting very fat now and like you said frosty.

I love me some purple flowers!
Ill get some picture tonight but now its obvious!

Im so geeked right now!

Tho with the purple im noticing a sudden swell in the buds.
And alot of trichs now
and that natural yellow the fan leaves do at the end
i think she may be giving me one last push before ripening up

Havent checked the color of the trichs with too much detail but i may need to tonight just to see where we stand atm

Hey everyone sorry for leaving you all hanging!
Im still here and still growing!

Ill be honest i just needed a break .
Not just from 420 but from everything i took a vacation about a week ago now and just have had to recharge!

There was a little chaos but ive gotten it all figured out for the most part.

I wasnt just having problems in my tent and decided to stop posting lol
The tent is looking delicious as of late.
Tho one did arise with me taking vacation but ill get to that in a second.

Not really sure where exactly we left off but for a recap for all of us myself included.

3x3 tent
250w citizen clu kit from timber.
7 gallon fabric pot using FFOF
R/o water
Nectar sample kit
Mammoth P
Exhaust fan blah blah blah i think we got it now.

April 9th was the flip.

Which puts us at week 6 from the flip and about week 4 since seeing the first flowers give or take a day.

So i went on vacation this past weekend and made a few mistakes trying to compensate for my absence...

Basically I watered too much before i left to hold it over.
then had my sister in law water it for me while i was gone and she watered way too much of the " premade" nute solution i left for her.

And she also didnt empty the shopvac when she was done so with all of that i ran into a fungus gnat problem.

I placed my fans to blow over the top of the medium to stop them from jumping and flying and mating which in turn prevents them from making larvae that eat on my root tips.

I have not watered in about a week to let the soil dry out very good and help get back into a rhythm.
As the top soil has been drying i have been shopvacing it to remove the layer of soil their hiding under.
This was the end result

420-magazine-mobile1715244454.jpg

Then i fed the plant 3 gallons VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY.
I was very sure to be patient as it was very dry and took a while to saturate and get some runoff.

Runoff was back in check
watered at 6.5 ph came out at 6.3 6.4
Watered at 800ish ppm
Runoff ppm was not far off

After watering her i replaced the soil on top of her pot but did not water i want to ensure that the top soil stays dry until we get rid of those little gnats for good.

Alot of the growth under the canopy is developing but very slowly and is very light green BUT because of the oil or resin production on it doesnt worry me.
Its just not getting any light so we know the scrog did its job. I have considered putting some led light bulbs underneat the net to get light where the cobs cant penetrate.

Above the net beside the minor tip burn and a few of the old spots where the cobs burned her shes looking very good im sure your curious to see so enough talking here she is.

420-magazine-mobile1009139331.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1034253525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1530444584.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2028222368.jpg

420-magazine-mobile43707585.jpg

420-magazine-mobile42219153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1564005878.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1016093864.jpg

420-magazine-mobile109403439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1892290560.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2131050137.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1132980716.jpg

Hope you all follow me to the finish.

Thanks for stopping by

Looking good there Lootz, was a little worried but I went threw the same ordeal when I went away for a vac. Glad I kept a couple clones as I did lose my 3 girls. But anyhow glad to see your back!, Be Watching!!

Here are some pictures
i will do a full detailed weekly update sunday after watering.

I tried to get the purple as best as i could
Not sure how well it shows in the pictures but its clear as day in person.

The leaves have a purple glisten to them along the edges where the sugar is piling on.
The calyxs are also starting to purple on top of the buds.

420-magazine-mobile1541636078.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2105858355.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1732576570.jpg

420-magazine-mobile347513582.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1561336430.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1294659697.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1234864540.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2023739252.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2087972349.jpg

For this next round of pics i turned the cobs down i dont know why ive been trying to take pictures with them on full blast lol

420-magazine-mobile1758970937.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2050635441.jpg

420-magazine-mobile85069614.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1787132131.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1725097345.jpg

420-magazine-mobile712635861.jpg

I know its tiny amounts of purple.

Ive seen people on here boasting completely purple buds.

My face always lights up when i see a purple nug but its a totally different feeling when you realize youve grown one lol

You can kinda see the natural yellowing of the canopy as well starting just a little

Originally i was thinking 3 more weeks and a week flush ending at around 10 weeks
but now im thinking 2 more weeks and a week flush

Looking at the trichs i saw about 2% amber so theres clearly some time left.
At this point as amazing as this plant looks im most focused on letting her finish strong and all the way.

This is my last time running northern lights for a while so id like to leave nothing to the imagination a with thin last batch!

looking nice.

Curious if you have a watt meter...how many watts were you running in veg vs flower? If no watt meter...did you run your cobs full on at flower, what % of in veg with the dimmer.

Reason I ask, is I am running about 95w on citi in veg at about 2 weeks and I have one plant that is lanky as hell.

looking nice.

Curious if you have a watt meter...how many watts were you running in veg vs flower? If no watt meter...did you run your cobs full on at flower, what % of in veg with the dimmer.

Reason I ask, is I am running about 95w on citi in veg at about 2 weeks and I have one plant that is lanky as hell.

Yes i do have a watt meter.

I dimmed my lights and marked on my fixture so i had an idea of how high my fixture was turned up.

My fixture is 5 cobs 250w

I will have to look back at what exact numbers i was pulling through veg cuz i cant recall off top of my head.

But when my fixture was turned down i had it pretty close to the canopy to combat that stretch.

If you give some time i can try and find a more exact answer.

I have been increasing the power throughout the entire grow tho.
Tomorrow starts week 7 of flower 9 since the flip and i just turned it up to full power recently to give you an idea

Yes i do have a watt meter.

I dimmed my lights and marked on my fixture so i had an idea of how high my fixture was turned up.

My fixture is 5 cobs 250w

I will have to look back at what exact numbers i was pulling through veg cuz i cant recall off top of my head.

But when my fixture was turned down i had it pretty close to the canopy to combat that stretch.

If you give some time i can try and find a more exact answer.

I have been increasing the power throughout the entire grow tho.
Tomorrow starts week 7 of flower 9 since the flip and i just turned it up to full power recently to give you an idea

Hey Lootznboots, that would great to know. Just noticed a little curls in leaves at top. I'm one week in veg. but have no meter. I know you said to be careful with the Cobs. Currently had it 13in from canopy at 500 on the setting.
My question is should I lower lights to plants a little and drop the watt at maybe 300? Or leave it but raise it? Thanks bro!!

Hey Lootznboots, that would great to know. Just noticed a little curls in leaves at top. I'm one week in veg. but have no meter. I know you said to be careful with the Cobs. Currently had it 13in from canopy at 500 on the setting.
My question is should I lower lights to plants a little and drop the watt at maybe 300? Or leave it but raise it? Thanks bro!!

I think JimmyJ said at 450-500 is around 60watt.?

So today starts week 7 of flower 9 since the flip.

Yesterday i fed her 2 gallons of late flowering nutrients.

420-magazine-mobile33533849.jpg

As you can see in this picture shes giving me the sign and starting to yellow out on her own.

The weight gain is more and more obvious every time the lights turn on.

420-magazine-mobile1020290849.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2022232766.jpg

Trichome production hasnt slowed down since the onset of flower.
She just keeps packing on more and more frost!
To show im not exaggerating here are the lower larfy buds...

This picture is just to show the impressive size of the buds under the canopy nowhere near the net.

420-magazine-mobile1849520605.jpg

Heres the frost

420-magazine-mobile1782730992.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1146653288.jpg

420-magazine-mobile514827669.jpg

420-magazine-mobile45195016.jpg

Absolutely amazing!

So i have to admit since i saw the first sign of purple i have been freezing my family with the a/c lol
Its totally worth it tho!

My night temps have been as low as 68 degrees.
I have been a little cold myself lately so i dont want to push it any lower than that lol.

420-magazine-mobile1212237920.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1647444596.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2105151812.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1051134653.jpg

420-magazine-mobile399435437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile357154693.jpg

Also if you noticed in the picture i put the reflectors back on.
At this point im not worried about burn i want to get that light as far into the canopy as possible in these last few weeks.

While typing this i remembered that i can speed the ripening process by cutting hours of light in these last few weeks.
And my birthday is the last week of the month...
I was thinking only 11 hours of light this week and only 10 next week up until the chop?

420-magazine-mobile129429004.jpg

What do you guys think?

Oh i also checked the trichomes saw practically no clear and tiny amounts of amber here and there.

A rookie lootz would be chopping now.

I personally think this is my best grow yet.
My ole lady says i say that about every grow.
I tell her thats the point!
What do you all think?

Sorry, I am really new to this game so my input is not much. I am thinking this was an Auto, if so what I have read light time doesn't matter they just have to run course. Hey, you can see the finish line from where you are don't push it. I think the end will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom