Lost In The Fog

What made you use this hybrid style, besides being crazy?

I can just imagine you thinking about all the other growing styles and be like too easy, to hell with that! :rofl:

Yeah, why make it like everyone else when you can try something new. :)

Soil is easy to grow in but takes a lot of space if one is to get any yields, when using hydro its hard to move around the plants and take them outside of the tent. I like to do that when pruning. So this is a hybrid of both and you can leave the grow room a few days without being worried they run dry.

This is how things evolve and I like to evolve stuff in different ways. Some don't work and I have to go back. But that's life. :)

It's really hard saying this cal/mag is having any effect yet. I want to think it's getting greener but when I look closely it's still pale patches on the leaves... Is the effected leaves suppose to get dark green again or are they going to stay pale? I'm going nuts on this dam thing.

On the bottles they say something about spraying solutions but that's the only thing it says, same dosage there? 2ml/L???

Well I don't know if I'm even calling this a hydro grow.... it's like a hybrid of both.

No I don't have an RO. We don't add that much calcium in the water here, I have to add a lot of it my self. :)

You have to look at the calcium to magnesium ratio of your tap water, now I don't remember what it's supposed to be, but high tap water calcium locking out magnesium uptake is a common problem in these parts ;)

We don't add calcium, it's in the groundwater, and it's very different levels depending where in the country you are, the further east the harder the water is.

You have to look at the calcium to magnesium ratio of your tap water, now I don't remember what it's supposed to be, but high tap water calcium locking out magnesium uptake is a common problem in these parts ;)

We don't add calcium, it's in the groundwater, and it's very different levels depending where in the country you are, the further east the harder the water is.

We have surface water in my tap with the result of very low conductivity, which by the way is measured in ms/m. We add sodium carbonate and c02 to get the get the conductivity up some. This results in the water getting some calcium in the chemical process. We have a very little pH window to make this process work, the intake is at 6,8 and the process works best at 7,2pH so that small window with sodium is what we have to create 60ms/m. Which is the recommendation for old cast iron pipes which the water flows through. When I measured it here I have 0,4ms/cm I don't know how you convert it to ms/m... This is way over my pay grade but I do know how to make it. :)

I can fetch a lab report some day if you are interested in the water? Back on work in Jan. :)

You are very advanced first time grower as it is. Ride this one out now and make tweaks for next grow. You need some experience for that stuff. You will learn to make the right assessments. I been growing for on and off for over almost 20 years now and I still don't know what the heck is happening, trust me when I say every strain is different from the previous. :)

Back
Top Bottom