Lost In The Fog

You're pretty resourceful, wish I found cool stuff at my job. How you liking more lighting?
I try my best at resquing mother nature by be a reuser of stuff that folks just throw away here. :)
I like the lighting but got huge problems with heat right now.

I want to dive in your dumpsters! Holy nice stuff:)
Congrats on all the weed! Harvest daaaaaay is my fav

Hehe, you are welcome @newty, people just laugh at me when I come up with all garbage. If I can make half of it work I am happy with it.

Thx for those kind words. I am happy with the results so far. I am avareging over 3 ounce per plant now so thats good! Things can just get better with that now. I am having isues at work instead. Some of my co workers think I am faking my neck injuries and have been back talking shit on me so I am not feeling welcome there any more......... :(

At 100 watts can it be cooling anything? Looks like a complicated exhaust fan to me :).

Haha. Yeah, you can think that by looking at it. But the fact is it took down the temp in our old server a few degrees C. So sure there are better ways to cool your grow but I have had it for a few years laying in the way so today I took it home. But it's a pain in the ass to config. Can't get windows to install the drivers for the usb connector. Tried following the manufacturers instructions but it won't recognize it anyway. I'm running windows 7 on this machine and they recommend 8 or 10 so will try at work tomorrow. If this wont work I will scrap the housing on it and use the peltier element to try cooling the lights with it instead. Never give up.... :cool:

@CraZysWeeD Damn, you’re resourceful! You’re like MacGuyver making shit out of chewing gum and dumpster parts. Lol

Yeah, I watched a lot of MacGuyver when I was a child. I started to dismantle stuff and learned of they work. That's a process that still is on going. Think I got some sort of asperger... Sometimes I get sick of my self when my brain starts to run haywire. :rolleyes:

Ripped the Rittal cooler down today. Didn't get the connection to work on any windows machine. Studied some youtube clips today on peltier to get some ideas on how to control it. Saw a guy that froze water to ice in an instance on one of those elements. Pretty powerful. Anyway it seems like it needs some sort of controlling unit. I thought maybe just a potentiometer would work but it seems a little more complex than just that. :)

I know you been dealing with heat issues and I wanted to mention this because it's happened to me. I wasn't getting good circulation because of my carbon filter. I had done some improvements to my grow room and sheetrock particles we're sucked into the filter clogging it. So if your using a filter try removing it and see what temps look like after that.

I know you been dealing with heat issues and I wanted to mention this because it's happened to me. I wasn't getting good circulation because of my carbon filter. I had done some improvements to my grow room and sheetrock particles we're sucked into the filter clogging it. So if your using a filter try removing it and see what temps look like after that.

I have been thinking of this too. I replaced the carbon filter in may so its not so many hours on the new one yet. Running without is out of the question here. The neighbors are suspicious as it is... :rolleyes:

The problem is the intake temp. Running the AC in the apartment right now and can't get it down more than to 26C and the chilleds are running up the temp to 31-32C. It's not ideal for me to run right now and I wouldn't had if I knew we were getting this desert heat this summer. Ran the hps last summer and had temps round 35C and then we had maybe 25C the hottest days.

Thinking I will take them all down next weekend and packing down the stuff to my reboot in the fall.

I have been thinking of this too. I replaced the carbon filter in may so its not so many hours on the new one yet. Running without is out of the question here. The neighbors are suspicious as it is... :rolleyes:

The problem is the intake temp. Running the AC in the apartment right now and can't get it down more than to 26C and the chilleds are running up the temp to 31-32C. It's not ideal for me to run right now and I wouldn't had if I knew we were getting this desert heat this summer. Ran the hps last summer and had temps round 35C and then we had maybe 25C the hottest days.

Thinking I will take them all down next weekend and packing down the stuff to my reboot in the fall.
Those temps aren't too bad. Not optimal but doable. I dunno about you but my ac runs 24/7,my house better not be above 72 lol. On that note just got my electric bill the other day, 240$ fuck.o_O worth it to stay cool tho lol.

Those temps aren't too bad. Not optimal but doable. I dunno about you but my ac runs 24/7,my house better not be above 72 lol. On that note just got my electric bill the other day, 240$ fuck.o_O worth it to stay cool tho lol.

Can't sleep while R2D2 running wild in my apartment. ;) Yeah it's doable but feels like the buds are already dry and cured in the tent.... :rofl:

Holy macaroni, that was an electric bill to put on the wall. That's an average house consumes here in the winter... :smokin:

Can't sleep while R2D2 running wild in my apartment. ;) Yeah it's doable but feels like the buds are already dry and cured in the tent.... :rofl:

Holy macaroni, that was an electric bill to put on the wall. That's an average house consumes here in the winter... :smokin:
Hold on while I go get my passport to move haha. Summer months are usually better than that, winter is a different story usually over 300$. It's crazy too because during winter the power consumption is so high it usually causes rolling blackouts because the power company can't keep up with the demand.

Hold on while I go get my passport to move haha. Summer months are usually better than that, winter is a different story usually over 300$. It's crazy too because during winter the power consumption is so high it usually causes rolling blackouts because the power company can't keep up with the demand.

I think we all have our pros and cons. It sounds crazy with the shortage of power... that's not god. But maybe they prioritize industries first?

Back
Top Bottom