Lost In The Fog

Jaha. Du håller på att sadla om ditt yrke då. :) Det låter som om du hade jobbat på SGU, om du hade bott i Sverige.

We made some test pumping near the east coast here last summer. But with bad results on salt water intrusion to the ground water. So there will be a reverse osmosis plant there.

We still suffer very low levels in our lakes, but the ground water have manage to keep it's levels quite good this summer.

So are you starting up your own firm then?

Ja, nyt nyt nyt :) Ikke mere dårlig ryg af at hive pumper op af boringer med håndkraft :volcano-smiley:

Er SGU firma eller stat?
Jeg var i private firmaer, og jeg har lavet nogle tests i Kristanstad, og mine makkere i Malmø ;)

Same here, they also lowered the tap pressure during the day time this summer.

Well, I have a company already, you think I want to pay VAT on my light parts :p also pretty nice to have 30 days to pay for parts from Digi-key and TME ;)
But, I will try to make some business ideas come true while I study, even doing something simple like cleaning stairs wells in apartment buildings will earn me more than 200kr per hour after taxes, that's a pretty damn high pay for somethinf like that, no wonder so many cleaning companies have Rumanians moonlighting for them...
I just really really don't want to spend 8 hours a day earning money for other people, and the way the tax system works it's just plain silly not to have a company :)
Takes like half an hour online and costs nothing, I had a VAT number the day after I registered ;)

Ja, nyt nyt nyt :) Ikke mere dårlig ryg af at hive pumper op af boringer med håndkraft :volcano-smiley:

Er SGU firma eller stat?
Jeg var i private firmaer, og jeg har lavet nogle tests i Kristanstad, og mine makkere i Malmø ;)

Same here, they also lowered the tap pressure during the day time this summer.

Well, I have a company already, you think I want to pay VAT on my light parts :p also pretty nice to have 30 days to pay for parts from Digi-key and TME ;)
But, I will try to make some business ideas come true while I study, even doing something simple like cleaning stairs wells in apartment buildings will earn me more than 200kr per hour after taxes, that's a pretty damn high pay for somethinf like that, no wonder so many cleaning companies have Rumanians moonlighting for them...
I just really really don't want to spend 8 hours a day earning money for other people, and the way the tax system works it's just plain silly not to have a company :)
Takes like half an hour online and costs nothing, I had a VAT number the day after I registered ;)

Ja det är mycket tunga lyft för kroppen i den här branschen. Jag jobbar bara 50% nu. Plogade snö på vattenverket en vinter och körde in plogen i en avloppsbrunn så jag fick tre diskbråck i nacken. Det är jobbigt att ställa om sig från allt man ville göra innan olyckan.

Sgu är Sveriges Geologiska Undersökning och är en statlig organisation. Dom har till uppgift nu att kartlägga grundvatten magasin i Sverige.

Ah, smart move with the firm. I wan't to stop paying our high taxes at all. :) That's what the only thing EU is good at, making more money on people and cheap labor...

I totally agree you with the time spent making money for some else than yourself, it's your earning not some one else.

Haha, thx shed. But we are looking at a new revolutionary way of cooling our grow lights with. ;)

The kitchen is all from IKEA. I was full of doubt on the coloring of the kitchen when I bought the apartment but I have grown to like it. The best times is around xmas. You have no need of decorating it. The worst part is keeping those gloss cabinets clean, but they are rather easy to clean.

I was going to make a joke about the cabinets being from IKEA, because it’s Swedish, but then I guess that is local there. Lol

I was going to make a joke about the cabinets being from IKEA, because it’s Swedish, but then I guess that is local there. Lol

Go on BigBear, lets hear it. I love jokes. :) I know you are not custom to put together furniture in the states. We have a store that's even worse than Ikea. It's called Jysk, think it's Danish but maybe @PurpleGunRack can tell if it is. In their packs of furniture it's almost every time missing screws and you have to re drill holes and such.

Love to hear the Ikea joke. :)

My neck has gone all in another day this week. Hade two leaks to deal with on one of the splitter pipes. But now all is 100% tight, for the moment anyway. I have already seen where I can make improvements. This hose is so more stiff than my neck. I'm sure to go for a bigger pump, it's a nightmare to get the air out but I managed in the end. But with some more flow it would sure be easier.

The peltier lies on the side still, looked in some dumpsters today if I could find a pc psu with like 400-500w to drive it. No luck... Got a 300W but then it only gives out 12v 15a, they need 20a to give full power. But I will test it tomorrow.

I wounder what I was thinking of when dreaming up this system. This is not Crazy, it's Insane... water and electricity = Bad idea. :D

@InTheShed there you have the hole Ikea kitchen in it's shiny red glory. ;) Ps, the handbag is not mine... :p

You can carry a handbag if you want Crazy. No judgement from me!

I thought you were gluing the whole thing anyway so make it permanent for the win :thumb:.

Quite a contraption you have built there. If I had any power supplies at that wattage I'd send one to you but I got nothing laying around to toss in a dumpster out your way. Have you checked the local charity drop-off places? They get a lot of old computer parts, though a 500W power supply would be a pretty high end machine in my office.

Ja det är mycket tunga lyft för kroppen i den här branschen. Jag jobbar bara 50% nu. Plogade snö på vattenverket en vinter och körde in plogen i en avloppsbrunn så jag fick tre diskbråck i nacken. Det är jobbigt att ställa om sig från allt man ville göra innan olyckan.

Sgu är Sveriges Geologiska Undersökning och är en statlig organisation. Dom har till uppgift nu att kartlägga grundvatten magasin i Sverige.

Ah, smart move with the firm. I wan't to stop paying our high taxes at all. :) That's what the only thing EU is good at, making more money on people and cheap labor...

I totally agree you with the time spent making money for some else than yourself, it's your earning not some one else.

For helvede, hvordan går det så nu?

Vi har GEUS herovre til sammenligning.

EU is a long long story, I like the idea of a european trade union, but loathe the idea of a judicial union and throw stuff at my TV when one of those EU leaders spew out some Soviet-like shit.
We luckily voted against a move to let our politicians give away Danish sovereignty to EU without having to let the people vote on it.

Yeah, gotta get 'em, right, I'm not made for labour, I'm a delicate daffodil :D

Go on BigBear, lets hear it. I love jokes. :) I know you are not custom to put together furniture in the states. We have a store that's even worse than Ikea. It's called Jysk, think it's Danish but maybe @PurpleGunRack can tell if it is. In their packs of furniture it's almost every time missing screws and you have to re drill holes and such.

Love to hear the Ikea joke. :)

Making fun of Sweden is our prime reason for existing over here, so let's here some jokes :)

Ikea is fine now, you have to go back like 15 years or more to get the missing holes and bolts and such, you get what you pay for there and have a shot at eating at a 1 star restaurant :)
Jysk is Danish and it's our revenge for Ikea in the 90's :p

You can carry a handbag if you want Crazy. No judgement from me!

I thought you were gluing the whole thing anyway so make it permanent for the win :thumb:.

Quite a contraption you have built there. If I had any power supplies at that wattage I'd send one to you but I got nothing laying around to toss in a dumpster out your way. Have you checked the local charity drop-off places? They get a lot of old computer parts, though a 500W power supply would be a pretty high end machine in my office.

Great I don't need to feel that u are judgmental over my handbag. ;)

Glue, duck tape and wire is the best problem solvers mankind ever made! If you combine all three u have made one of the strongest connections known to man.... ;)

Been to one of my main charity drop-off place but they only had 300w's and that's total watts, they mostly are in the 15-16A reach at 12v and that's not enough. I'm going to use one of the peltiers to start with then it only needs 120W, 10A.

For helvede, hvordan går det så nu?

Total omställning med allt som man tagit för givet och kunnat göra utan att det påverkar en för mkt. Det värsta är inte smärtorna från bråcken utan all nervpåverkan det för med sig. Anstränger jag mig för mkt börjar jag skaka och en känsla av att vara ute på sjön i en båt i väldigt hårt väder. Domningar och känsel bortfall. Det är skit men nu börjar man vänja sig efter två år. Jag tar dag för dag och har slutat planera långsiktigt för det går inte.

I agree you on the EU, the thought of it is very good. But we don't have the same conditions like the states had when they made their union. Different cultures, social conditions, different laws and different economies... the list becomes very long.

That's good, Sweden needs to be bullied from someone might as well be you guys. :)

Done some things with the project today. Epoxy glued the bolts that's holding the logics against the cooling blocks. Finally got around getting the bigger pump. It puts out 3000l/h and at 2,1m pressure. The other pump was at 700l/h so its quite bigger. Will be fun to test it. Not sure how I'm going to connect it yet. The suction part of the pump is not threaded in any way. It's suppose to be submersed in a dam. The pressure side is threaded 1" so that's easy to connect. I could go with an open tank with the pump submersed in it.

Looking at the bottom of that pump makes me think it was used in a septic system!

Haha! No it does not come from any sewage plant. :)

It's been used for a little garden dam. I will rub it over with chlorine before putting it to use. Don't even know IF I will use it. Tested it tonight and it turns alright but makes lots of noise, prob be less with water in it but much more noise than the small one but I'm sure I manage to scavenge parts to retrofit it to my system tomorrow. It's getting time to put every part together now. The only thing that's not tested yet is the peltier cooler from china. It will probably do it its job but I think the aluminium blocks on the peltiers are way small. But I'm giving it a chance. Will test everything some day this week.

Thursday the plumber comes to fix the last heater. Got to take up a hole in a flooring strip for him to get to a pipe for the heater. Friday the broker that's price evaluating the apartment shows up. So I think I'm gonna take a few days off this week. But tomorrow I will be back for 50% work... It's going alright with that now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom