Lovin' it outdoors in Australia

NuggetJuggler

Hi All, great to learn and 'grow' on this site. I've needed advice as my first grow was quite spontaneous. A mate of mine came back from Northern NSW (cannabis country here is Oz) and gave me a seed he picked up from a grower there. So I just decided if I was going to give it a go I'd have to learn fast at forums like this. Happy to say my plant has grown well in my backyard, and now she is just a mere few weeks from harvest. She turned out to be sativa and quite suited to the sub-tropical conditions I live in. Here are some photos as she has flowered over time.

This was early Feb at first flower
IMG_1580.jpg

This next one mid March
mid Mar.jpg

Then end of March
Close up end of Mar.jpg

end of Mar.jpg

Now today as her buds are fattening
Beg April 22.jpg

Welcome to 420, NJ! :welcome:
Beautiful plant you've grown there- looks like you learned all the right stuff!

She's a fine looking plant NJ, well done! Your humidity sounds similar to mine, I used to chop and dry the colas, but these days I do whole plant drying with the main root mass included so it slow dries over about 2 - 3 weeks. It is hard to say for anyone else, but it works good for me.

Hi All, great to learn and 'grow' on this site. I've needed advice as my first grow was quite spontaneous. A mate of mine came back from Northern NSW (cannabis country here is Oz) and gave me a seed he picked up from a grower there. So I just decided if I was going to give it a go I'd have to learn fast at forums like this. Happy to say my plant has grown well in my backyard, and now she is just a mere few weeks from harvest. She turned out to be sativa and quite suited to the sub-tropical conditions I live in. Here are some photos as she has flowered over time.

IMG_1580.jpg

This next one mid March
mid Mar.jpg

Then end of March
Close up end of Mar.jpg

end of Mar.jpg

Beg April 22.jpg
Hey @NuggetJuggler great garden my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill

GDay mate, and welcome to 420 Magazine @NuggetJuggler

Beautiful looking lady you have there.
A little late to start a grow journal, but if you want to see what other growers are doing, check here.

When your ready to start a journal; How to Make a Grow Journal

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Just a quick question. Is placing the plant in 36-72 hours of darkness immediately before harvest a common practice? Does it make a difference to bud quality? I've read about it just recently and had never heard of doing this before...?

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Just a quick question. Is placing the plant in 36-72 hours of darkness immediately before harvest a common practice? Does it make a difference to bud quality? I've read about it just recently and had never heard of doing this before...?
A period of total darkness before the chop certainly has it's adherents in the belief it improves potency, similar to the idea of putting a knife or nail thru the base of the plant's stalk. I have seen posts by those that did and those that didn't notice a difference. I would try it if I could, but I can't because I don't have a total dark setup that I could move my outdoor pots into.

I've done the 36 hours of dark a few times, but I can't say for sure that it really did anything...I like to think it makes the weed more potent, but I don't know for a fact that it actually does...probably need to do a side by side comparison to know for sure...
It doesn't hurt anything- I do know that for sure...

Lets play Scientist for one sec.

I have no idea if it does, actually, make better bud, best be upfront.

If it did, you would need to figure out the mechanism, or reason it did.

So all things being equal youd be making a case, by darkening, that by reducing the light to zero there is some benefit.

What is sure, bud dried in direct sunlight is not as good. And the drying process and resultant bud is chlorophyll influenced. Water retention in material might also be higher if the transpiration rate was kept even, and by darkening slows it down.

Perhaps it triggers a stress response, and the plant tries to finish a fraction early to complete its growth cycle as its photo clock has been reset to zero?

Im sure theres more to it, but they are my ponderings.

A quick search might yeild some science, or at least some experiments done.

IMG_1580.jpg

This next one mid March
mid Mar.jpg

Then end of March
Close up end of Mar.jpg

end of Mar.jpg

Beg April 22.jpg
Well done brother your sonic waves of love and appreciation for the mighty Cannabis has healed all your misgivings in this world and so we are blessed to have these gifts to give to give to those who we care about deeply. I must ask with the summer well and truly coming to an end are you going to harvest soon or milk the last rays before we hit Autumn? Mine are only about half way through their secondary harvest cycle so I may run into some bud mould problems if it continues to get colder during the night. I'll post a video on youtube on my grow channel and share it here so you guys can check it out. These are my Smooth Chocolate High Terpene Indica strain in secondary harvest mode.

12-12-from-clone-tiny-bud.jpg

Marabunta Mk22 - Copy.JPG

Marabunta Mk22.JPG

Marabunta Mk23 - Copy.JPG

Marabunta Mk24 - Copy.JPG

I must ask with the summer well and truly coming to an end are you going to harvest soon or milk the last rays before we hit Autumn?
Hey 7th!
Thanks mate, feeling the cosmic rays of your good karma and bud abundance flowing thru the interweb. You know what they say, plant by Fathers Day and be smokin’ by Mothers Day The sativa girl I’ve got tho may extend beyond these parameters, she’s still mainly clear trichomes and a few I think milky. Would like the odd amber before harvest. I’m in Queensland so not much risk of cold affecting things. I’ve still got a couple of months of nice ambient weather before cold nights set in. So I can abide her reluctance to give up all her glory just yet and let her ripen into her prime. Chill vibes needed lol

Your girls look great too! Whereabouts are you?

Hey 7th!
Thanks mate, feeling the cosmic rays of your good karma and bud abundance flowing thru the interweb. You know what they say, plant by Fathers Day and be smokin’ by Mothers Day The sativa girl I’ve got tho may extend beyond these parameters, she’s still mainly clear trichomes and a few I think milky. Would like the odd amber before harvest. I’m in Queensland so not much risk of cold affecting things. I’ve still got a couple of months of nice ambient weather before cold nights set in. So I can abide her reluctance to give up all her glory just yet and let her ripen into her prime. Chill vibes needed lol

Your girls look great too! Whereabouts are you?
Hey big N, names Mike and I can give you some really good news for your grow. Not sure if you know this but the increased photon and plasma energy's off the sun has been sending these Coronal Mass Ejections (CME's) which hit the earth and increase the Pro photon field which charges the soil with this increased energy and this mazimises the intensity of the sun on the planet which means that the soil has increased microbial action which nourishes the Biosphere and gives the plants more nutrients to nourish their growth, and that means bigger plants and bigger yields. The offshoot is that you should coax your girls into a longer maturation period so the trichomes really amp up and increase the natural potency of the buds. Being in QLD and I assume above the Goldy you can comfortably look at taking your plants into mid May. I'll be doing the same down here in Melbourne. I can expand upon this natural Astrological and Planetary phenomena as part of the Pluto cycle in Capricorn and how it also affects the water supply and the amount of natural Co2 being produced by the plant kingdom because their Photons are being accelerated. Let me know if that tickles your curiosity and I'll share a link to my Podcast. Speaking of which I'm looking for someone as I return to radio to partner with me and speak about growing the magical elixir of Cannabis as the ultimate healing medium in a new Podcast on Anchor FM and Spotify.

Hey Mike for sure would love a link to your Spotify. Always interested in the different theories out there, and yours sound like fact! Sure hope so anyways by the way you describe it :) For me I have no real advice to offer. This was just a one off grow by random happenstance - a fluke of chance and all I could do was keep up with basic knowledge of how to keep the wheel spinning into the next stage of the journey. In the end I think I have been following her, like I get a message from her what topic to search for next just in time for her evolving needs. Luckily she’s been very kind on me while I try to keep up.

Hey bro, sorry about delayed response but a few things to deal with on the home front. So here's the link to the Spotify Podcast and I took some pics of the outdoor girls so I'll post them a bit later tonight.
As for your intuition to follow the inner healing of your supergirl, that's exactly the kind of vibe I'm looking to bring to this new local show. So take a listen and let me know your thoughts?

Hi All, happy to report my girl has been harvested, hang-dried, and now in jars for the cure. Has been a very positive first grow, managed to avoid any major bug or mould problems despite the odd threat, and initial testing of the buds reveal an energetic, highly stoned effect which is exactly what I was after. A beautiful day-time high from this Sativa girl. Thanks to all the tips and advice from this site.
AB11030F-43A0-4464-8DD7-A88A1AF0CF68.jpeg
B832BAF0-A67D-4789-92C0-949E6F976E97.jpeg
DF25B997-1125-4273-B52E-195254CB16EB.jpeg
62D0F52C-9057-4008-AD6E-48EDE64FC49B.jpeg
CA5FCCB9-12E1-4FBD-881D-843C688DC2C1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom