Luck33y7's First - Soil - Girl Scout Cookies & Gorilla Glue - 2017

Hey Lucky was browsing and saw ur journal re: A/C problems. I built an insulated room for my tent in the attic and have 2 portable A/C units in the room both rated to cool a 10'x25' room and my room is only around 7'x7' with a 4'x4' tent in it. A/Cs still would not keep temps down (both A/Cs outside tent with passive flaps open). Tried putting one inside tent but they pull in hot air and blow cold so didn't work well with one inside the tent either. Long story short, I had to get creative and have been on cruise control since. Here's a pic of my genius engineering...
420-magazine-mobile906434343.jpg

If you buy a unit with two hoses it will work better for a grow. That ac is sucking the air from your tent and blowing it out the hose. So all that air conditioned air is being sucked out too. Dual hose units only recirculate the air in the tent. The draw hose draws air in to cool the unit then it goes out the exhaust. No air exchange that way. Leaves your environment totally closed. Then the unit draws the room air in from the back and cools it then spits it back out. Only way to go if you want to supplement with CO2.
420-magazine-mobile590090418.jpg

Second hose wasn't hooked up yet but you get the idea. Keeps my environment like this.
420-magazine-mobile990643095.jpg

I haven't reset that hygrometer since I started up the new room. Ac unit was 100.0cdn used works great.

Hey thx for the response but I'm actually not supplementing with CO2, and yes a split condensing unit would be preferable but you gotta do what works I guess in a pinch! And no, that portable is sucking in hot air from outside the tent (its intake is the vents on back of unit) and exchanging it by blowing cool air into the tent the way a standard central HVAC works. I think that's why it wasn't working as well inside the tent as it was just recirculating the same air even with exhaust fan and filter at top. Thanks for info tho your set up looks great!

Hey thx for the response but I'm actually not supplementing with CO2, and yes a split condensing unit would be preferable but you gotta do what works I guess in a pinch! And no, that portable is sucking in hot air from outside the tent (its intake is the vents on back of unit) and exchanging it by blowing cool air into the tent the way a standard central HVAC works. I think that's why it wasn't working as well inside the tent as it was just recirculating the same air even with exhaust fan and filter at top. Thanks for info tho your set up looks great!

Your right with it out of the tent like that you would be drawing in air from the room. I agree take what you got and make it work.

Hey Lucky was browsing and saw ur journal re: A/C problems. I built an insulated room for my tent in the attic and have 2 portable A/C units in the room both rated to cool a 10'x25' room and my room is only around 7'x7' with a 4'x4' tent in it. A/Cs still would not keep temps down (both A/Cs outside tent with passive flaps open). Tried putting one inside tent but they pull in hot air and blow cold so didn't work well with one inside the tent either. Long story short, I had to get creative and have been on cruise control since. Here's a pic of my genius engineering...

Nice creativity! Yeah it can be a hassle to keep temps down. I had a dual hose AC unit and was exhausting the hot air out. I had the room sealed the for CO2 enhancement. It would have been nice to have had the ac unit outside the tent but I am trying to keep it nice and pretty on the outside :). I ended up having to pull the ac unit out since my house couldn't run the unit without popping breakers. Looking at your engineering just gives me more ideas. If I had been able to keep AC I would have pulled it out and fancied together something similar. Luckily the temps stay decent when I exhaust all the air to the outside.

The heatwave didn't help much but my temps never exceeded 87 F and also didn't stay that high for long.

I will have to come look at your journals David :)

Sorry...just saw you're on holidays. Reading your journal is so familiar cos I've had the same little challenges e.g. Power problems, nute burn, curly leaves. I think yours are healthier than mine though! I'll get a pic for you soon for after you're back from vacation.

Thank you so much for checking out the grow Annabanana! Just got back a few days ago. I will have to check out your setup, I am sure your ladies are healthy :)

Just made it back and will be updating with some new pictures of the improved conditions. The leaves came back to a better color after about 2 waterings with full strength nutrients. Will be adding CALMAG to the mix on this next water. Also I am going to trim them up tonight. I have read do not trim them before putting into flower but there are too many dead leaves. I figure as long as I trim dead and not green the ladies will not go into shock. Please correct me if I am wrong :) I have read so many different opinions so will go with trial by fire for now.

Anyways thanks again for the feedback and keep an eye out for the updates and pictures to come! Ou also I love your dad's quote, may he R.I.P. and hold true to your heart. Can't wait to check out your grow Annabanana!!!

Noice

Hey luck feel free not much of a history tho, as a matter of fact my first grow and I can't figure out how to link my journal on the app but you can find me if you search the Grow journals. I'm Scrogging 3 sexy ladies in soil running Fox Farm nutes and currently at Day 45 Flower after vegging for 39 Days. Can't believe I made it this far!! Here's a pic from yesterday..
420-magazine-mobile1802269826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile424368609.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2042489120.jpg

Day 32

Sorry for not following up on the grow with some pictures. I just felt like they weren't doing too much. looking back they have grown a lot. UPDATE:
1. So I found out they were being underfed and started feeding them more.
2. I hadn't trimmed them and I have to say that they were so bushy I believe they need to be. Some of the undergrowth naturally died out very quickly.
3. They have stunted, I believe that it was a couple factors. The first they were outside for 3 weeks and I think we had a perfect 12 on 12 off light scenario and when I moved them into the tent I switched them to 18 on. I think they stressed and had to transition back to veg.
Second, I would say they were doing great after the trim but then we had a heat wave. After the heat wave there was a lot of dead growth. So I trimmed them up and gave them a good feeding. The ladies are stretching out again but seem less than lively :). I am very particular though. Anywho here is some updated pictures :) :thumb:
Trimmed up 2nd time
20170628_011735.jpg

Top view
20170628_011728.jpg

vs.
(about 2 weeks earlier...)
I know terrible angle but they are bigger
All_plants6.jpg

First time trimmed about a month ago??? Sorry Vacation really threw me off
20170609_142215_-_Copy.jpg

Side note. Being my first grow I expected them to be so much bigger lol. I am at this moment realizing I have no idea what I was expecting. Also I have no idea how to trim or how big the plants should be when flipping LOL. I will learn though, it is pretty exciting and invigorating. In reality I am just doing what I think looks good in comparison to other grows here. My other plants from seed are going to be such a good learning experience. Thanks for all the help peoples!!! :thanks::high-five::Namaste:
:420:

Hey luck feel free not much of a history tho, as a matter of fact my first grow and I can't figure out how to link my journal on the app but you can find me if you search the Grow journals. I'm Scrogging 3 sexy ladies in soil running Fox Farm nutes and currently at Day 45 Flower after vegging for 39 Days. Can't believe I made it this far!! Here's a pic from yesterday..
420-magazine-mobile1802269826.jpg
420-magazine-mobile424368609.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2042489120.jpg

I haven't used the app much. I will start using it soon enough. Will probably help me update my journal more often. As far as the link you should create a signature, I don't know if it is possible from the app. I recommend jumping on a computer and setting up a signature and also visiting the introduce yourself forum if you haven't already. After I did that I was instructed to reading some info that helped me set up links and signatures :)

Great thanks for info! I've got a couple of GG Autos on the way I'm gonna try after these ladies finish up in the next 2 weeks. I need to sit down at the desktop one of these days...

OK so bad news is I went out of town and left someone to water during the hottest days ever. The ladies were not kept care of and not fed nutes. So when I arrived they were not happy. A lot of trimming of dead growth has happened.

Good news is after a good trim and a good feed the ladies perked right back up and did not die :). The new leaf growth still seems off but I think it is just from all the stress the ladies are going through. I have no idea if trimming this much is too much or ok. I think at this point I am just going to flip them and hope for the best. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have four other very healthy plants waiting in line to go into the big tent. In fact they might be too big for their current tent very soon. Not a bad problem to have. Here are the pictures of the ladies.

From the top
overview_717.jpg

underneath :cheer:
underview_717.jpg

again sorry for the blurry pics. One of these days I will have more time to take some better pics and take my time with my posts

:Namaste:

Ok so the ladies have been flipped and they are STRESSED to say the least. It still has been getting hot and they are doing ok considering. I am thinking they will still produce...by thinking I mean hoping. Heat stress is shown in the pictures and they are not happy. They are growing and starting to get some good aroma but still they are not happy. LOL I can not stress that enough, they are stressed. I am going to trudge on and they have been in a 12/12 light cycle for a bit. Maybe a week. I have lost track being that there is not much more I can do besides feed and water and hope for the best. Unfortunate but I can learn what's happening to them.

Here are updated pictures
20170722_140010.jpg
20170722_135952.jpg
20170722_140052.jpg

Ok it has been a long time but I have been battling. One plant I have wrote of and removed to the outdoors and am going to see what happens. I fear that it was so infested with spider mites that it was not worth keeping in the tent. They all have started to produce nice aroma and good looking trichomes.

Battle has consisted of underwatering and the dreaded spider mites. I keep a very good eye on the plants so I believe I will be ok. LOL hopefully I can keep them free and clear, fingers crossed but anyways check out what they look like at this point. Not the proudest but hey get a lil smoke and I have learned some valuable lessons :).

from_afar.jpg
budsupclose.jpg

Ok so took a usb microscope to the ladies today! I need to do some more research on what clear and cloudy is? Any advice appreciated. Also some bottom buds have serious pistils whereas most of the top ones do not...no idea what happened there. Either way, gonna get some buds and they smell dank!

GScs3.jpg
GSCs2.jpg
GSCs1.jpg
gg38.jpg
GG29.jpg
GG116.jpg

:Namaste::thanks:

Great plants for your first grow lucky. It started very well bt took a dive when u went on vacation it looks like to me bt it could have been MUCH worse u still are gonna get some awesome smoke and will gain alot of knowledge and experience. The first harvest is the sweetest. "At least until the next harvest which is usually better"u still got a couple weeks I would guess I didn't see any Amber trichs bt u can take a sample bud and dry it a few days and try it now for perspective. Great gardening!

Great plants for your first grow lucky. It started very well bt took a dive when u went on vacation it looks like to me bt it could have been MUCH worse u still are gonna get some awesome smoke and will gain alot of knowledge and experience. The first harvest is the sweetest. "At least until the next harvest which is usually better"u still got a couple weeks I would guess I didn't see any Amber trichs bt u can take a sample bud and dry it a few days and try it now for perspective. Great gardening!

Thank you Jgrow! Yeah I honestly thought they were not going to make it. They continue to be stressed but they are still producing. I have gained some serious growing knowledge and faced many of my fears. It is funny that my other grow that I started later will probably be harvested before this one. That one much smoother than this one. I can not even imagine what these plants could have done if they were healthier. I am excited to get these out and grow some bigger, healthier plants!!! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom