Lucky's First Home Grown Bag Seed

Picked up a nice zip of blue dream plus got a free water bubbler! I love how dense this strains nugs get.

P10108661.JPG

P10108671.JPG

I believe I'm having a nitrogen deficiency since switching fertilizers. I cut this big fan leaf it was the worst looking and I wanted to get it in natural light and really see what was going on. To me it looks again like nitrogen.
Also the newest growth on the buds looks to be nitrogen deficient too.

I only watered 50% with a fox farms mix today and was going to water tomw with the 50% nitrogen high fertilizer. I think that makes sense...
P10108781.JPG

Here's my next project. This is a purple #1 by Dutch Passion. It's from a friend who crossed two purple #1's to get feminized seeds. Going to Veg her and take as many clones from her as possible to plant outdoors in the spring.
P1010879.JPG

So I'm also going to be making an ez cloner. I saw a couple pretty easy DIY ez cloner's.
Probably something similar to this...
My DIY EZ-Cloner (really good way to clone)

:Namaste:

Lucky Said:
I believe I'm having a nitrogen deficiency since switching fertilizers. I cut this big fan leaf it was the worst looking and I wanted to get it in natural light and really see what was going on. To me it looks again like nitrogen.
Also the newest growth on the buds looks to be nitrogen deficient too.

I only watered 50% with a fox farms mix today and was going to water tomw with the 50% nitrogen high fertilizer. I think that makes sense...

That is NOT a nitrogen deficiency. A nitrogen deficiency starts as yellowing on the lower leaves. The upper leaves, especially those near the buds, stay green. The plant will cannabalize its lower leaves to use for new growth and flowers if it is low in nitrogen.

The picture you showed is of

A perfectly healthy Marijuana leaf!

The slight variation in coloring is probably due to pH fluctution. The drying of then ends is perfectly natural on older leaves, especially during flowering.

If you're worried about something happening near the buds, post a picture and I'd be happy to give you an opinion.

Here are a couple yellow dying fan leaves.
P10108952.JPG

This is pretty much only on this one bud. The newest leaf is more yellow towards the bud.
P10108842.JPG

Overall I think she looks pretty healthy. She's about 2ft tall and 2ft wide. Thursday ends the 7th week!. How do you think she looks? I think the buds looks small! Any guesstimate on yield? I'm hoping at least 2 oz.

P10109072.JPG

P1010904.JPG

Thanks again for checking out my grow!

I think it's all pretty normal. Some days I would walk into my grow room and find a bunch of fan leaves on the ground. Flowering fertilizers have very little nitrogen, so the plant will cannibalize its fan leaves to get nitrogen for the flowers.

Eight weeks is the minimum time you should plan for flowering. Unless you're in a hurry, flowering for 10 weeks would probably be a good target to aim for.

If you've been looking at the trichomes, you can decide by the color they are. Clear to cloudy - very up trippy high. Amber - mellower, more couch lock. The darker color on the trichomes is from THC oxidizing into CBD and CBN. THC is very stimulating, whereas CBD and CBN are more calming.

MY first couple of grows I just went by number of weeks. A marijuana crop will put on a lot of weight in its last two weeks. The only problem is: you never know which two they are, LOL!

If you have the cash, you should buy either Canna's PK13/14 or Advanced Nutrients Overdrive. Both are intended for the final last two weeks of flowering. They are high in phosphorus and potassium, which cannabis uses a lot of during flowering.

You can also fatten her up by putting one or more CO2 bubblers in the flower chamber. This is simply a glass bottle (like a soft drink or sparkling water bottle) that you fill with sugar and Baker's Yeast. (This is the yeast sold in supermarkets to make bread - don't buy the quick rise or pizza dough types, the traditional is best.)

Cover the top with aluminum foil and puncture a couple of holes in the foil with a pin. This is done for two reasons: the pin holes will force the CO2 out in a stream spreading it around; and you don't want the water to evaporate as that will cool of the yeast and slow down the fermentation.

You can double the amount of CO2 in a closed flowering room this way.

Have you sampled any of the buds yet? If you haven't, cut a couple off, put them in a paper bag, and leave them in your flower room overnight (during the light cycle). They should be fairly dry by the time the cycle is over. If not, by the end of the second day, they will be crispy dry. One day works for me, but my flowering room is fairly dry.

I did think about CO2 but there's just to much air exchange and the room is to big. Once I get a smaller room built with panda film I'll add CO2 in my next grow.

Yeah those fan leaves were pretty much curled up and about fallen off so I cut them off. I was thinking about 10 weeks as well. AHHH 3 more weeks this has got to be the hardest part! haha Well Actually I bet letting them cure will be. The buds will just be sitting there looking so good. haha oh well eventually the plan is to have enough not to worry about it!

Water and fertilized the heaviest so far so we'll see how she does.

luckiestman13 said:
I did think about CO2 but there's just to much air exchange and the room is to big. Once I get a smaller room built with panda film I'll add CO2 in my next grow.

Yeah those fan leaves were pretty much curled up and about fallen off so I cut them off. I was thinking about 10 weeks as well. AHHH 3 more weeks this has got to be the hardest part! haha Well Actually I bet letting them cure will be. The buds will just be sitting there looking so good. haha oh well eventually the plan is to have enough not to worry about it!

Water and fertilized the heaviest so far so we'll see how she does.

You can smoke your buds as soon as they dry! You don't NEED to wait till they cure!

I know I don't need to wait but I want to see how good a product I can make. So I'm planning on trying some next weekend. So on Wednesday I'll cut a branch with a couple good buds. Place them in a brown paper bag until Friday. Basically it will be 8 weeks old. Like I said I'll probably grow her out to 10 weeks though.

P10109161.JPG

P10109191.JPG

P10109242.JPG

P10109212.JPG

420farmer opined:
You can smoke your buds as soon as they dry! You don't NEED to wait till they cure!

What he said. It's always a good idea to sample your buds as they get close to harvest. This will give you some indication of how the smoke will be. The paper bag method is best. Oven drying seems to ruin the buds or evaporate the THC. With the paper bag, you can smoke a bud 24 hours after you pick it. Just place the paper bag in your grow closet. The heat will perform a "fast cure" of your bud.

What a beautiful lady!!!!! what strain is she? I'm stuck with only bag seeds, which is one reason I still haven't made a move growing, still setting things up, I do have few veggies growing that are doing great! which surprised me a bit because I haven't got them in a tent yet, just under the light

She is actually a bag seed so I don't know for sure what she is. Around the time I got this seed I was smoking a lot of this sativa called juicy fruit. She is a light green looking bud. But yeah you can learn a lot from growing a bag seed, I know I did! My next grow I'm looking at some different hybrid strains. Probably one strain thats 75% sativa and one that is 75% indica.

I'm going to smoke some buds from her next weekend so I'm pretty excited about that! Also going to have to look at getting my own microscope.

Cool Luckie, well at least you have a good strain your working with, the best I have is some seeds from some kinda mid range stuff, you never find a seed in any of the top flight stuff around these parts, (I might have one) I have seen some promising looking nugs come from bag seed on this site, but is it bag seed, or just seeds found in high grade smoke, to me, if you find a seed in a bud of White Window (still haven't got to try ;( ) its not bag seed, its White Widow, so who knows how many of these pics are from true bag seed, I hope at least some of them are, if so, I could still have a good out come.

I thought that was wayyyyy to cheap for something like that LOL so the ones at Radio Shack what strong are they? X 10 or X 30....would that be all you need to check for harvest and for bugs? thanks

Back
Top Bottom