MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

mine doesnt smell like mint, you know how the shops smell when you go in to get some meds... thats what mine smells like... its such a beautiful smell, its like the way the ladies are with roses, smells so beautiful!!! and i love the morning smell, i open my door and just hit wit her perfume!!!

did you read the same thing about those herm seeds??? please tell me you did, cus if it comes out again then i have that much of a better chance to at least have females!!! i dont really want herms!!! but i'll take em!!! seeds just mean im gonna have more for next crop!!!

:peacetwo:

Not sure what I read and it was a while back. Not much into the seed thing as I have an excellent supply of clones, so I really haven't done much research into this area. Less stress worrying about males with the clones. :)

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

I would not hesitate to start some strong clones outside this late (we are). They will veg for another 4 weeks at least, then slowly start to flower. They won't be multi Pound plants, but should give a few oz per plant. Start digging.....

Thanks for your input OG13. :thanks: I think I'll go for it. I'm not as much concerned about quantity than I am quality. :grinjoint:

ok so your kinda correct on the feminized seeds.....the female that Pops nuts and pollinates herself will have possible hermi traits (still an X/Yseed).. now if you take the pollen off of the forced (Xx genetic) plant that popped and pollinate a SEPARATE female(also xX) the seeds you will produce of of This plant will have feminized seeds (XX Genetic coding). This is how the seed banks do it when the create feminized seeds.... of course there are more repetitive steps in this to make the genetics stable. Check out the breeding section in the "How to Grow". SmokingMoose did a great job on all of it (his handle is now "Medical Marijuana")
hope i didnt just confuse you more lol
as for out door your absolutly fine we just passed the longest day so your on the down hill here in Co... in CA thats another story... they wont be monsters... but they will be producers!

Thanks Shaggie! I'm convinced. :) Just checked out your grow. :bravo: I'll check back there often for sure. Let me know when you do your next pic update. Look forward to seeing the girls progress.

Your gals are lookin green and bushy cant wait to see them filled out with some big ole buds:thumb:

Hey Mac I'm a little late for class mind if I pull a chair up lol, just caught up in your journal very interested in your setup an how its in a garage if I'm not correct highly medicated right now sorry...As I was coming across problems trying to map out a way to do a garage setup an never went that route. Lady's are looking great bro keep it up much rep for this grow!

Hi My Friend. :)

I just had to stop by and see your Afgoo. Yours are beautiful. :yummy:

We don't have dispensaries here, so I can only dream about them.

Man you have great plans...in out everywhere! Your set up is so nice, spotless and easy to work in.

I wish you all the best. Your another of 420's great assets. Keep on Trucking! :thumb:

Hi My Friend. :)

I just had to stop by and see your Afgoo. Yours are beautiful. :yummy:

We don't have dispensaries here, so I can only dream about them.

Man you have great plans...in out everywhere! Your set up is so nice, spotless and easy to work in.

I wish you all the best. Your another of 420's great assets. Keep on Trucking! :thumb:

Hello OMM. It's 4:30 am and I'm heading off to work but I noticed you had stopped by so I couldn't help myself and had to check in. :thanks: for the nice words and visiting my jrnl. Hope you check in often and spread some of that great wisdom and fun comments you bring to all the jrnl's you visit. I'm honored you have taken the time to come by. :adore:

The Afgoo is only my second grow but I am amazed by the beauty of this plant. It really is in a class of itself. Gotta run for now and thanks again for stopping by!

Lookin good Mac, Keep it up.

-Rek

Thanks Rek! Happy 4th to you and yours. Don't know about you but this is one of my favorite holidays. Warm eve's sitting in the garden with the goddess and all the other fine ladies, with some nice meds to cool my head! :yummy:

Happy Independence weekend everyone! Let the fun begin!!! :cheer::theband::allgood: I'll be looking forward to all your updates so post them with lot's of pics and fun!!! I plan on updates for both grows and of course the "Mater Update" this weekend.

What kind of basil? I'm partial to Ocimum 'African Blue' (African Blue Basil), a strain created by - and exclusive to - Companion Plants (Google it or just add .com to the name) and some kind of Thai(?) cinnamon basil, but have seen/smelled/tasted several varieties. I think it's neat that there are almost as many - if not more? - different flavors/tastes of basil as there are cannabis.

Hello OMM. It's 4:30 am and I'm heading off to work but I noticed you had stopped by so I couldn't help myself and had to check in. :thanks: for the nice words and visiting my jrnl. Hope you check in often and spread some of that great wisdom and fun comments you bring to all the jrnl's you visit. I'm honored you have taken the time to come by. :adore:

The Afgoo is only my second grow but I am amazed by the beauty of this plant. It really is in a class of itself. Gotta run for now and thanks again for stopping by!

Well, Thanks for taking the time to answer me before going to work. That was very nice of you! Don't worry, I'll be back to your wonderful grow. Now that I've seen it.....I just got to come back! :thanks:

What kind of basil? I'm partial to Ocimum 'African Blue' (African Blue Basil), a strain created by - and exclusive to - Companion Plants (Google it or just add .com to the name) and some kind of Thai(?) cinnamon basil, but have seen/smelled/tasted several varieties. I think it's neat that there are almost as many - if not more? - different flavors/tastes of basil as there are cannabis.

:welcome: TS! Thanks for stopping by. These are just good ol' sweet basil. Simple to grow and even easier to eat. :) I checked the AF Blue on Google. Wow that's an impressive plant. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Here's one of my fav's for sweet basil. Chopped fresh garden tomatoes, sliced black olives, fresh grated parmesian cheese, a drizzle of evoo, cracked black pepper, and as much fresh torn basil as you like. Nice cool easy summer salad! Damn now I'm hungry. :yummy:

I checked the AF Blue on Google. Wow that's an impressive plant. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Good luck - it's a clone-only strain (lol). Sterile sport, seeds are totally non-viable. If I let mine die I either have to mail-order it or make the several-hour drive to CP (where I become like a kid in a candy store, wanting one of each of the 600 varieties of plants they carry).

Afgoo's got the Fungus Amongus!!! :scratchinghead:

Well it's happened. Ugh! Before I get to the pics I'll bring you all up to date on what I think has happened. The hygrometer (the one you see hanging in my GR) has been showing relatively low rh for sometime now. I decided that the room % rh was too low. At the same time I was wondering how to combat this problem I was also tired of having to pour out the drain bucket from the A/C unit every morning and evening. It was placed just outside the GR with the drain tube protruding through a small hole. Aha, I thought, I'll just place the bucket in the room and place a towel in the bucket hang it over the side and let the towel "wick" the moisture into the room and thereby increase my rh, and "bonus" I won't have to drain the bucket so often. That was two weeks ago. The rh came up and all was well... I thought.

Now fast forward to a week ago... The other evening I drained my dehydrator that is attached to my humidity controller. I had set the controller up to 75% rh so it would not keep coming on as my hygrometer still showed a low % rh. When I was playing with the controller dial I turned it down to 65% just to see if it would come on. It did....:hmmmm: How can this be when the hygrometer was showing only 40% rh? Anyway I just blew it off as a controller issue. WRONG!!!

Today I checked on the girls just to say hello and see how things in the room were doing. The A/C drain bucket and towel setup were looking great. Partialy full bucket after 3 days and then I felt that the room seemed really humid. But the hygrometer was showing only 39% rh? Hmmm... I started checking the girls and low and behold: This is what I found.

002665.JPG
001624.JPG
004598.JPG

That's right (pause for dramatic affect) FUNGUS AMONGUS!!!

OK, enough of the hysterics and drama, and time for action! :)

My plan to attack this situation has started:

1. I removed the bucket and towel setup. I have set my humidity controller to 40% and it's really humming away!

2. I have removed the few really affected leaves and disposed of them out of the room.

3. I have cleaned the room with Wendex Advanced.

These items are complete. Next I will spray them with Organocide in the morning as I do not wish to add any moisture in the GR until morning when they will have time to dry, and lower the % rh before darkness. I will clean the room again after removing any other affected leaves.

The fungus problem is not on every plant yet, ugh. God forbid that it spreads, which is a real possibility, if I don't get control ASAP.

Any other suggestions on way's to attack this problem, or comments from all you wonderful 420 members that can help, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lessons so far:

1. Why I would trust a cheap hygrometer compared to an $100 + controller is beyond me. Next time I won't be so fast to rule out this piece of hardware and will purchase a better quality hygrometer as soon as my budget will allow.

2. Never, ever, ever, introduce spores from an A/C unit into a GR!!! This really get's me, because I knew how bad A/C condenser runoff water can harbor fungus and molds. Boy am I kicking myself on that one!!!

3. I promise to listen to that little voice in the back of my head that is trying to tell me something isn't right. Not double checking my instruments is a really bad flaw. I was always taught to double check everything and if one instrument is giving different info you must figure out the one that is giving the "true" indication. A lesson I learned as a pilot and have apparently forgotten. Damn!!! Never again!!!

Thanks for listening to my diatribe. Just wanted to share this experience so hopefully others won't make the same mistakes and hopefully get some feedback on my approach to correct a bad error. Tomorrow I will get to my regular updates and update this situation then.

:thanks:

Hey Macyverup
If you'd ask me it looks like powdery mildew.
Powdery mildew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From some of my past google research, i concluded the cause of it mostly originates due to quick drops and rises in temperature, along with large differences in night and day time temp and usually accompanied with high humidity. But most important cause is a too quick drop in temperature or fast rise of temperature from day night cycle. The fungus profits from the plant's decline of resistance when these fast drops and increases in temperature differences occur.

Normally mari jane can take large temp differences for night and day, even can stimulate flowering, sativa's ( high tree line like in Nepal, very windy ) and a large number of indica's like an afghanica ( 35C during day, 14C during night ) are used to it, some have more resistance than others. So i guess the quick fluctuation in temperature is the biggest cause of it, and they need a lot of fresh air, also helps preventing.

When i encountered the powdery mildew, i noticed that i used to turn off room circulating fan during the nights. After that, i did not turn off the nighttime grow room circulation anymore. So that seemed very important too, maybe differences in night and day RH count as well.

I encountered late during flowering period, so kinda stressed i was. I used a light garlic extract sometimes to spray the leaves, but what helped mostly was a mixture, if i recall correctly, 10% full fat milk, as long as it's fatty, on 90% water to spray the infected leaves with. That helped a lot, and i even got some reveg clones, who were totally covered with it, taken from the same plants, to become totally fungus free, i think the garlic helped in later phase for general resistance, the leaves really got a nice shine from some garlic spraying. I threw the revegs away later, since i had some nice growing seedlings, i regret that a bit still, but they had too many 1 finger leaves, though large.
Spraying the infected leaves like one day with garlic, then 2 or 3 days with milky solution, the garlic, etc. For the flowering plants, got rid of most of it.

Professionals often use sulfur stuff, i believe H2S, which is a gas to release in the grow room to get rid off it or to prevent. From reading here and there i read the full fat milk option of spraying is a succesfull way of preventing mildew for some plants, not necessarily curing. It helped for me to get small clones fungus free, and the soil also gets saturated with milk and garlic, which didnt harm them.

I think the cause in my case was already there when i planted seedlings in their big containers to go into flowering. At a later time I remembered i didnt disinfect the containers and i bought them from someone who stored them outside, so they were probably already infected from very early on. From now on everything i transport from outside to inside my room gets disinfected with light chlorine solution.

Also i try to prevent large temperature fluctuation during day cycle and especially try to achieve slow temperature drop when going to night and slow temperature increase when coming out of night into day cycle.
A simple method working for me if the timers dont break all the time, is to stop some of the intake/outtake/circulation when going into night for about an hour.
Example: When lights go off, turning off room circulating fan, which kools down your grow room quite fast for 30 minutes, then 15 minutes on, then again 15 to 30 minutes off, and then on during the rest of the night.
For going from night to day cycle, sometimes i just turn room circulation off for the first 15 minutes sometimes.
At the moment, after 2 timers broke, never i will buy them again, occasionally am doing it by hand. Just turning room circulation a bit down also works, as long as temperature doenst drop too fast within short period of time. I dont change intake/outtake at the moment, but when in winter time i might also do that.

Hope that helps you, if you can create environmental circumstances to prevent fast growth of the fungus, then it helps a lot, and it doesnt have to influence your yields too much.
Oh yeah, digital timer may be excellent for this job, since it's only for low wattage circulating fan control.

WoW sorry about the fungus looks like you caught in time ive heard of others using milk on here and it worked Happy 4th of july :thumb:

Mac!!! what is this!!!??? PM??? wow totally didnt see this coming!!! i got the same problem when i had the WW going... the only thing i did was trim the leafs that had a lot, and i would put Hydrogen peroxide on my fingers and rubbed off the mold with my fingers, if you do this, dont use a lot of h p it dried out the leaf pretty bad that i first got wet... maybe that was just mine though!!! but damn man, i wish you the best of luck on that, i didnt get it til the last 2 weeks til harvest, did you get your hygrometer at walmart??? i swear mine did the same thing, it would literally stay at around 45% wouldnt really move and when it did, it would just move to 50%...
well sending all the positive vibes your way and the best of luck with that problem!!!

Back
Top Bottom