MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

Afgoo indoor grow update!

Today I transplanted the girls to 5 gal pots. Really wanted to go with 10 gal pots but budget didn't work for me this week. I used the same mix I posted for the outdoor grow last week.

They're really bushing up nicely. :) I haven't decided if I will LST the Afgoo like I did my first indoor Hog grow. I think these babes are going to be plenty short as to not worry about getting to close to the lights. Then it comes down to yield and wether or not I think this strain will be a better producer if I do the LST. :hmmmm: I'll just have to wait and see for now. My tendency for this grow is to let them go and see what they can do. Opinions?

002663.JPG

005561.JPG
004594.JPG
003630.JPG

It's hard to see from these pics but the stems are a deep red/purple color and some of the leaves are so dark green they almost look black. Awesome!

I screwed up my nute tea during transplant. I ph'd the nute mix to 6.5 and the runoff was 5.1!!! OUCH! I hope they'll be all right until the next feed. Lesson learned: Test one plants runoff and adjust ph as needed before screwing up the whole grow.

:peacetwo:

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

Well it's finally time for the Mater update!

This girl is looking awesome!

This is last weeks pic:

002659.JPG

Here's a pic from today:

011346.JPG

Look closely and you can see the soft tie for reference. She's screaming hot!:)

Now for the additions to my therapy garden... :laughtwo: :grinjoint:

Two new mater cuttings and one saweeet basil! Makes me hungry just thinking about the combo of all the maters, basil, and mmj in a sauce. Can't wait :)

005560.JPG
004593.JPG
003629.JPG

Hungry yet? I'm heading out to the garden now to partake in my favorite evening activity with the "Goddess of the Garden" so I hope you're all well. I know I'll be in very short order! :blunt:

Whats good Mac,
astonr here checkin in, man those Hogs look mighty nice!!! small and bushy!!! and those mystery??? after just reading that if the plants are taller than the rest of your crop that was planted at the same time, you more than likely will have ......... i aint sayin it just for the fact that it would send bad vibes!!!! none of that is needed!!!
Now brings me to your Afgooey, I have been waiting to see when my leaves will start ascending instead of being in line with each other, how many branches high did yours go before it started getting ascending??? mine is on 7 now...and the leaves are getting so big!!! now bigger than my middle finger!!! and she has now gotten 8 inches tall!!! I am going to be LSTing my Afgoo's for the fact that i have a wall that only goes up about 6 feet and on the other side where my neighbors live, is a raised yard, so if my girls get tall enough they or friends of theirs or meter men, or anybody for that matter could easily reach over and snatch my babies!!! and i dont want to waste my first strike on anybody being stupid!!! right now they are on a table out there cus of my dog!!! he likes to eat plants!!! i have been trying to grow my own strawberries but when they were like a day away from harvest the first time, he ate all 5 of them!!! damn dog!!! then 2nd harvest came and on the day i was to harvest he ate all 16 that i had!!! DAMN DOG!!! so cus i dont want to go down for animal cruelty my babies are up on the table!!! but when it comes time to bring em down cus they gettin to tall i have a corner that i am going to fence up and set the ladies in there!!! only thing is that it only gets direct sunlight from about 11:00 am to about 7:00 pm.... I know its better for the ladies to get the morning glory light!!! but my house is kind of faced the wrong way for that!!! do you think that would be a good enough amount of direct sunlight???

8 hours of direct sunlight ought to be plenty.....

WOW!!!!! your plants are lookin amazing and i always like good maters i think i go t8 or 10 different strains got em hanging some in topsy turvey some in pails i converted i think you should definitely LST and top or fim LST couldn't hurt more light to lower branches and I think the girls like it your doin a great job plus reps :) :Namaste:

love the update brother yout plants look wonderful!
MMMMMmmMMM basil... think im gona have to go pick some and mix it in to breaKFAST NOW!
is that a pot plant with them? i really want to try companion planting with basil ands mary!

Ladies are looking good keep up the good work. Nice clean set-up by the way

Whats good Mac,
astonr here checkin in, man those Hogs look mighty nice!!! small and bushy!!! and those mystery??? after just reading that if the plants are taller than the rest of your crop that was planted at the same time, you more than likely will have ......... i aint sayin it just for the fact that it would send bad vibes!!!! none of that is needed!!!
Now brings me to your Afgooey, I have been waiting to see when my leaves will start ascending instead of being in line with each other, how many branches high did yours go before it started getting ascending??? mine is on 7 now...and the leaves are getting so big!!! now bigger than my middle finger!!! and she has now gotten 8 inches tall!!! I am going to be LSTing my Afgoo's for the fact that i have a wall that only goes up about 6 feet and on the other side where my neighbors live, is a raised yard, so if my girls get tall enough they or friends of theirs or meter men, or anybody for that matter could easily reach over and snatch my babies!!! and i dont want to waste my first strike on anybody being stupid!!! right now they are on a table out there cus of my dog!!! he likes to eat plants!!! i have been trying to grow my own strawberries but when they were like a day away from harvest the first time, he ate all 5 of them!!! damn dog!!! then 2nd harvest came and on the day i was to harvest he ate all 16 that i had!!! DAMN DOG!!! so cus i dont want to go down for animal cruelty my babies are up on the table!!! but when it comes time to bring em down cus they gettin to tall i have a corner that i am going to fence up and set the ladies in there!!! only thing is that it only gets direct sunlight from about 11:00 am to about 7:00 pm.... I know its better for the ladies to get the morning glory light!!! but my house is kind of faced the wrong way for that!!! do you think that would be a good enough amount of direct sunlight???

All's good Astron! Rainy day off so I got some time to catch up on my journal. The mystery plant that shot up is still not showing it's sex yet so I'm still hopeful. Only the cannabis god's know for sure.:)

Not sure about the branching my Afgoo's are filling out nicely and starting to shoot up after transplant. They were pretty root bound in the 1 gal pots when I transplanted them Sunday. I'll try to get some new pics up today.

Sorry to hear your dog got your other grow. I used to use those plastic fences that keep your kids out of trouble to protect my garden from my dog. He just loved digging in the nice soft soil of my old garden. He's figured out that digging up my garden is a good way to get put in the crate for long periods while we play with the kids. He can't stand that so he stopped his nasty digging habit. He still digs, just not where I don't want him to. Dog's will be dogs!

Your getting plenty of light so I wouldn't sweat it. My outdoor grow is only getting about 6 hrs of full on sun and they seem to be doing fine. I may do some re-arranging this weekend but not really worried about it right now. I've grown in the forest many years ago and did fine with 4-6 hrs. It's not optimum but can be done.

8 hours of direct sunlight ought to be plenty.....

Hello OG13 and welcome to 420 Mag! :welcome: Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and stop by here often to say hello! I agree with you on the lighting. 8 hrs is plenty of sun!

Sorry to read in your sig that your state does not allow for mmj growing. It's a damn shame to see people suffer when an organic and healthy alternative is readily available and has helped millions cope with so many health issues. Many years ago both my parents died of cancer. I had to go to a street dealer to get them relief. What a messed up way to have to help your parents. But I was desperate because I knew it would help them, and it did ease their suffering by helping their appetite which gave them much needed nutrition in the waning days of a terrible disease.

Now I grow in a legal way for my own health issues. The state of cal has many flaws, but at least we are making headway here.

WOW!!!!! your plants are lookin amazing and i always like good maters i think i go t8 or 10 different strains got em hanging some in topsy turvey some in pails i converted i think you should definitely LST and top or fim LST couldn't hurt more light to lower branches and I think the girls like it your doin a great job plus reps :) :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words! :thanks: I still have not made a decision on the LST yet. It worked really well for my last grow so my tendency is to do it again. My only hesitation is that I would like to see them get taller before I do it. I think I LST'd the Hog too early. They could have grown another 2 ft without any light stress issues.

Thanks for your attempt at reps but I have a question for you. Why do your messages/posts keep getting edited? Since I do not know why that is I can only offer these comments:

I really enjoy 420 magazine and enjoy having my journal here. I have been fortunate to receive a great deal of support from the staff and the growers on this great site. I do not want to encourage behavior that would jeopardize my hobby and the fun I have posting and learning in this forum. I also do not like getting messages from editors (of whom I have a great deal of respect for)that someone sending a message to me is being edited. So PLEASE refrain from whatever it is your doing that is creating more work for these wonderful people, OK? :thanks: and I look forward to hearing from you again in an unedited message.

When is the latest you would start an outdoor grow from clones, say 3-4 weeks in veg, in Nor Cal?

I'm putting this question to all my visitors because I am thinking I want to ad another 6 plants to my outdoor grow. My original plan was to do a growers choice of which I posted earlier in this journal. But I have come to believe that is impractical for several reasons and time has seem to gotten away from me, as I've been so busy with my day job. So I have decided that I can add up to six more plants to the outdoor grow when my budget permits. Another option is to take the 10 Afgoos outdoor and get 10 new clones for the indoor grow. But my first choice is to just go with the six outdoor grow.

In nor cal I have a full grow season that runs from late April/early May through October. If I do add to the outdoor grow it would be probably mid/late July.

Anyone that has had any experience with a late season start or an opinion would be greatly appreciated. Also, in your opinion, which strain do you think would do best under these conditions?

:thanks: in advance for your input!

alright!!! here we go!!! now first off, to your response to my comment,
yea i know dogs will be dogs, but i got a chihuahua, so he's a tiny little thing, that gets through those gates quite easily, he loves to dig as well!!! when i had my pumpkin patch planted in the ground he came up and dug them out for me!!! tried the fencing option, either went through them, over them (mexican in him can jump over fences, go figure!!!) or he would dig under them!!! which left me with the tabletop option!!! now when they get taller and cant be up there anymore, there is a small cement patch in the corner away from the wall, and thats where the afternoon to late evening sunlight will be directly on them!!! thats what i am going to put my fencing around!!! dog cant dig that up!!! lol
So after some researching that i did, i came to something very interesting in which i am really hoping is true!!! I read that seeds that come from a Hermed plant are generally feminized seeds!!! when you buy feminized seeds from seed banks, they came from a hermie!!! what they do is, they stress the mother plant so much that she herms, then produces her own seeds, now what the draw back in this is, is that you dont have a 50/50 chance of getting male or females, you get more of a 50/50 chances of getting yourself a beautiful female, or you get a hermie, it almost, notice i said allmost, dont get a male from a hermie seed!!! so my afgoo's should be a FEMALE!!! nothing more!!! hope!!!! lol and now i just got some GDP seeds from another order that i got from that same dispensary, so does their growers use feminized seeds??? hope what i read was true!!!

oh and also, do you know if LSTing is good for an outdoor plant also??? i just did my Afgoo 1 and she seems to be responding just fine, did it last night, and this morning she was already heading back up!!!

now on to your question about late planting...

I also wanted to plant outdoors like right now, but i wanted to plant those GDP's that i got, but i think it might be to late for my seed part... but with yours, on a clone, you want to have it rooted for the week indoors, then your supposed to set it out to harden in a greenhouse or something for another week, which would be the week before the first official day of summer which for us was on the 21st, thats when you would set a clone outdoors to go with the nature timeline!!! in july it might be to late, so i dont know... I hope you get more answers about this...

Afgoo Update!

Just a few pics of the Afgoo after transplanting to the 5 gal pots 2 days ago. They look like they're liking the new soil and they are really starting to put on some nice healthy looking new growth and are just amazing! I plucked one old leaf that had yellowed. The smell surprised me and my wife. It smells like mint!!! Can't wait to see how these develop.
Here's the group shot.

010395.JPG

The red/purple stems just fascinate me.

009423.JPG
008456.JPG
007494.JPG

Lovin' these healthy beauties!!! :yahoo:

005562.JPG
001621.JPG

Hope you like the pics!

The ladies are looking mighty happy MacG....after I transplanted mine into 5 gallons from 2gallon pots...seems like the ladies almost doubled in size!!

How many more weeks do you plan on veg for these girls?

Wish I could help ya out with your outdoor question but I still am new in indoor growing and I know that's a little different ballpark...

The best advice I would say is check how much light/dark hours right now the sun is producing...should tell you when the flowering will occur outdoors as well as how much time until then you have...that would be my best guess...

Thanks again Mac G for all your help with the flush/harvest questions I had....kudos!!

Afgoo Update!

Just a few pics of the Afgoo after transplanting to the 5 gal pots 2 days ago. They look like they're liking the new soil and they are really starting to put on some nice healthy looking new growth and are just amazing! I plucked one old leaf that had yellowed. The smell surprised me and my wife. It smells like mint!!! Can't wait to see how these develop.
Here's the group shot.

010395.JPG

The red/purple stems just fascinate me.

009423.JPG
008456.JPG
007494.JPG

Lovin' these healthy beauties!!! :yahoo:

005562.JPG
001621.JPG

Hope you like the pics!

CCHHHHEEEEYYYYYYOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! looking great!!! i know what you mean about them stems!! my A2 started just like that!!! then it went to green, and all the new growth always comes out purple then turns green... smells like mint huh??? mine doesnt smell like mint, yet anyways!!!

So after some researching that i did, i came to something very interesting in which i am really hoping is true!!! I read that seeds that come from a Hermed plant are generally feminized seeds!!! when you buy feminized seeds from seed banks, they came from a hermie!!! what they do is, they stress the mother plant so much that she herms, then produces her own seeds, now what the draw back in this is, is that you dont have a 50/50 chance of getting male or females, you get more of a 50/50 chances of getting yourself a beautiful female, or you get a hermie, it almost, notice i said allmost, dont get a male from a hermie seed!!! so my afgoo's should be a FEMALE!!! nothing more!!! hope!!!! lol and now i just got some GDP seeds from another order that i got from that same dispensary, so does their growers use feminized seeds??? hope what i read was true!!!

oh and also, do you know if LSTing is good for an outdoor plant also??? i just did my Afgoo 1 and she seems to be responding just fine, did it last night, and this morning she was already heading back up!!!

now on to your question about late planting...

I also wanted to plant outdoors like right now, but i wanted to plant those GDP's that i got, but i think it might be to late for my seed part... but with yours, on a clone, you want to have it rooted for the week indoors, then your supposed to set it out to harden in a greenhouse or something for another week, which would be the week before the first official day of summer which for us was on the 21st, thats when you would set a clone outdoors to go with the nature timeline!!! in july it might be to late, so i dont know... I hope you get more answers about this...

I did a little reading on the hermie feminized seed info also. Not sure about it but I wish you the best of luck and keep the good vibes going your way!!! :cheer:

LST'ing outdoor/indoor doesn't matter, IMHO. It's great and I will be using that technique again.

Yup I think I missed my shot at adding more to the outdoor grow. But not 100% giving up yet.:)

CCHHHHEEEEYYYYYYOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! looking great!!! i know what you mean about them stems!! my A2 started just like that!!! then it went to green, and all the new growth always comes out purple then turns green... smells like mint huh??? mine doesnt smell like mint, yet anyways!!!

Yeah mint. I was pleasantly surprised. We'll see if they continue the purple stems. It's just amazing to see these girls go!

:allgood:

mine doesnt smell like mint, you know how the shops smell when you go in to get some meds... thats what mine smells like... its such a beautiful smell, its like the way the ladies are with roses, smells so beautiful!!! and i love the morning smell, i open my door and just hit wit her perfume!!!

did you read the same thing about those herm seeds??? please tell me you did, cus if it comes out again then i have that much of a better chance to at least have females!!! i dont really want herms!!! but i'll take em!!! seeds just mean im gonna have more for next crop!!!

I would not hesitate to start some strong clones outside this late (we are). They will veg for another 4 weeks at least, then slowly start to flower. They won't be multi Pound plants, but should give a few oz per plant. Start digging.....

ok so your kinda correct on the feminized seeds.....the female that Pops nuts and pollinates herself will have possible hermi traits (still an X/Yseed).. now if you take the pollen off of the forced (Xx genetic) plant that popped and pollinate a SEPARATE female(also xX) the seeds you will produce of of This plant will have feminized seeds (XX Genetic coding). This is how the seed banks do it when the create feminized seeds.... of course there are more repetitive steps in this to make the genetics stable. Check out the breeding section in the "How to Grow". SmokingMoose did a great job on all of it (his handle is now "Medical Marijuana")
hope i didnt just confuse you more lol
as for out door your absolutly fine we just passed the longest day so your on the down hill here in Co... in CA thats another story... they wont be monsters... but they will be producers!

Back
Top Bottom