MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

Re: MacMota's 3rd, Strawberry Cough, Jamaican, Soil

hey just got caught up on your last couple grows :goodjob: . hoping this one goes well!! also howd you make out with the hash from your first grow, any luck?

hey just got caught up on your last couple grows :goodjob: . hoping this one goes well!! also howd you make out with the hash from your first grow, any luck?

Thanks jwb87. We're having some issues getting the seeds to take to the soil. We've germinated 2 Jamaican and 2 Strawberry Cough and the first two dried out and the second Jamaican dried out too. I've put the 2nd SC into a cup and punched holes in the bottom to allow for drainage to see if I can get this one to take. We'll see what happens. I have a few left but I don't want to waste all my seeds, you know?

As far as the hash, I never got around to it. We chopped the two plants and gave them to a friend who makes edibles and she was elated. (The same friend who, by chance, gave us the Jamaican seeds) I'm going to keep my trimmings this time and see what I can come up with. :grinjoint:

Sorry to hear about the seed probs man.
Butter bro. Make butter with those trimmings. Let me tell you there's nothing like some homemade baked goods :grinjoint:

I guess my talking smack about her behind her back made that Strawberry Cough decide it was time to be serious. She's pushing through right now. Once the cotyledon pops up, I'll get some pictures on here. :Rasta:

That's funny that you mention canna-butter. A while back, I found a way online to make it where you put some bud and butter into a jar, close the jar, and then put it into boiling water for several minutes. I gave it a shot and we put it on pancakes, tasted a little weird but man, that was an awesome breakfast. :grinjoint:

That would keep the smell down. Yeah, the taste can get a little overpowering sometimes lol. I really only mix it in brownies or zucchini/banana bread.

Yeah, when we opened the jar, the smell was staggering. Wow. :thedoubletake:

I didn't even think about banana or zucchini bread. That sounds awesome. :yummy:

I finally got one to take and the cotyledon have broken through. It's a Strawberry Cough and here's some pictures.

Strawberry Cough - Day 1:
DSCF12271.JPG

DSCF12291.JPG

I have to admit. I got a little disheartened when this didn't take off like I expected it to, but now that things are starting to move, I'm getting all excited again. :grinjoint:

Ooooo I think I see sumtin. grats on the sprouts

Thank you, sir. :) I was getting worked up there for a little while, concerned that I wouldn't be able to get a seed to take. It worked out though. Once the lights cut on, I'm gonna go take a peek and see what we have from overnight. :grinjoint:

Update:

The lights came on and everything is going great. The sprout has already started on it's first set of leaves. It's kind of difficult to see in this picture, though.

DSCF12301.JPG

I was reading through the old journals and looking at pictures last night and it reminded me of how patient one needs to be to grow this marvelous plant. :Rasta:

2 days down, 60+ to go! :grinjoint:

Oh! I almost forgot. We've decided on a 14/10 lighting schedule for a few reasons. First, energy conservation. We are both eco geeks and to run lights for 18 - 24 hours a day just seems wasteful and irresponsible. Second, it's not how nature does it. I understand that the sun provides far more light energy to a plant in the 13 to 14 hours that it's up than my 8 compact fluorescent light bulbs but I'm also not trying to grow a 6 foot plant in my closet either. And third, it's cheaper this way. My electric bill stays down and our plant still grows up. :)

We're also thinking about going with a 11/13 flowering schedule too. What do you guys think? I read somewhere about a guy that went 13/11 for veg and then 11/13 for flower but I couldn't bring myself to turn the lights off for 11 hours during vegetation so 14/10 was the result.

First of all congrats for da sprouts! LOL i love the pepsi/coke reflectors that is just awesome :thumb: Just make sure that soil stays nice and toasty to get those seedlings going nice and strong.
Looking great and can't wait to follow.

First of all congrats for da sprouts! LOL i love the pepsi/coke reflectors that is just awesome :thumb: Just make sure that soil stays nice and toasty to get those seedlings going nice and strong.
Looking great and can't wait to follow.

Thanks MSquared, I thought they could be put to a good use in helping with my lighting. :)

It stays about 85 in the box so I'm guessing that the soil temp stays around 80, give or take a few degrees. I've been trying to convince myself to go get a dual thermometer and put one of the leads in the soil and one near the plant so I can keep an eye on the temps but I keep my place at around 78 and the humidity levels rarely drop below 50% around here so I figured, "Eh, f--- it."

We're glad to have you on board. Any extra eyes on here to help catch any FUBARs coming down the tube are welcome. :grinjoint:

Update time!

Today is day 5 from sprout and the plant has nearly doubled in size. You can already see that this is a sativa dominant strain. I like it. :)

I watered 2 days ago and I'm going to wait until next week to water again.

Strawberry Cough - Day 5:
DSCF12322.JPG

DSCF12331.JPG

DSCF12341.JPG

Is the cotyledon and first leaves pointing upward like that normal? I'm not super concerned, just curious really.

Thanks for looking guys! :grinjoint:

Heh, I just looked at the pictures once they posted and it looks all ragged in the background. Maybe this is as "poor man" as the other journals. :grinjoint:

Those look very normal and very healthy from what I have seen. everything seems right on course! Great work and keep it up.
:thumb:

i know some one already said this but excellent idea on the pepsi can reflectors! i am intrested in knowing if you are going to use that lighting schedule, because my grow room is not that big and i was thinking about doing a SCROG to help the plants grow outward instead of up. do you think i should consider using the time schedule you were talking about? im def subscribing to this thread, maybe we can help each other. thanks bro!

i know some one already said this but excellent idea on the pepsi can reflectors! i am intrested in knowing if you are going to use that lighting schedule, because my grow room is not that big and i was thinking about doing a SCROG to help the plants grow outward instead of up. do you think i should consider using the time schedule you were talking about? im def subscribing to this thread, maybe we can help each other. thanks bro!

Thanks ilikebike. I have received more than a few compliments about my reflectors but I can't take all the credit. I got the idea from here somewhere. 420 Mag's Forums are a veritable treasure trove of all things related to growing cannabis. :)

We will be using the 14/10 lighting schedule for vegetation and switching to 11/13 when we start the flowering cycle. We both feel that this mimics nature and will be the best for getting the plant through the flowering stages.

As far as a ScrOG set-up, you can certainly save some space. The lighting schedule is entirely up to you, though. That's the best part of all this, you can experiment and post your results in a journal and some of the best cultivators in the world will stop by and give advice, if needed. :)

I'm all about getting and giving all the help in the world, so yes, we can certainly benefit from each other. :)

Back
Top Bottom