MadeInUSA's Soil Blue Dream Grow Journal 2017

Thanks UA, I'm getting close to bringing my girls down. Tomorrow I have another RO only watering at 150% of normal amount (8 gallons for four 5 gallon pots). My PPM readings from the 16th were at 375, so the pots have drained the fertilizer out pretty good and some of the mature leaves are starting to show "some" yellowing but I am somewhat amazed at how little they have started to consume themselves, I was expecting a huge yellowing event, but I admit to having a great deal of fertilizer in the soil over time. I had a feeling this would happen (a prolonged flush period) so I am going to add in another watering on the 24th....I guess thats 16 days in flush so thats not out of line now that I think it over. I will be adding Sledgehammer to this watering on the 20th to push along the leaching of the nutes from the soil more. That puts my lights out date at Jan 28th. That puts me at 84 days in 12/12 (12 weeks). I'll probably take the 30th off work, I hear it take alot of time to chop and trim.

So for the chop date prep, since I am using my grow tent as my cure tent, I'll need to take the light down, box it up, take the CO2 tank out, box it up...before chopping anything down. So I'll do that prep work on the 28th. I heard the last 2 days, 48 hrs before chop, it pays to leave the plants in complete darkness to give them one last push of resin...so I guess now my chop date becomes the 30th.

Wish I would have purchased some yoyo's, thats on my shopping list for next grow - either that, or I'm needing to ride my trellis up higher from the start of flower. I tried moving it up higher last weekend but by now its too late and little benefit would result. I'm lucky branches have not broken due to the top heavy aspect of the bud. Most of mine are leaning on each other for support LOL.

I bought 150 2 inch alligator clips, I am going to put them on a string that I will hang from the inside of my 4x4, I figure 6 rows spaced 8 inches apart, with 25 clips per line, hopefully will be enough to hang all my branches....estimating about 37 branches per plant, may seem like alot but once I got to counting them I went damn I didn't buy enough clips so had to buy some more. I will have my 13 inch floor fan blowing against the tent wall on low just to get the air moving in the tent but not directly on anything, and my power in/out fans will intake/exhaust from the top of the tent so my challenge will be maintaining proper humidity during the ten days I'm thinking they will need to prepare the cure process. Right now with the lights on and growing plants I struggle to get to 50% RH during day and 40% RH at night. I'm going to check whats recommended on RH before starting this cure.

Last night was chop nite. Started at 9:30pm, did not finish until 11am the following day....13.5 hours. Exhausting. No wonder people dislike it and use teams of people.
I'm very pleased with the results. 4 plants, with fan leaves trimmed, wet weight was 116.1 oz. I did bud washing on only 1 plant. In my grow there is an identical plant that I will compare bud washing versus none. Hung everything in my sealed tent to slow dry. I put the plants through 2 days of no lights just prior to chop, and they were ready to be watered, but they were in not too bad of shape.

3 days before chop - the plants were looking tired up on top, many fan leaves were starting to yellow out, but the bottom 1/2 of each plant were going strong. These shots were taken after 14 days of only water. My PPM's were in the 350-500 range still, and that was after 2 days straight of Sledgehammer.

01/25/18 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

chop day and hang day - last 2 pics show what 4 rows of plants hung looks like. I have not tried them yet, but I'm sure it will be great. Sad to no longer be taking care of them, but in a way, it'll be good to regroup, list out some lessons learned, see them through to a great cure. Currently for the past 1.5 days since they have been cut, the humidity has been a constant 50% and 63 degrees, so perfect I'm thinking. I've been perfectly stealth this entire grow. I'm thinking of tossing my 6 inch charcoal filter, I am getting some minor whifs outside the door and it has to be maxed out.

01/28/18 - chop day - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Thanks UA, I've been blessed with a great crop. I chopped on 1/27, hung my plants for 7 days, so on 2/3 I spent another 14 hour marathon period cutting away the bud from the stalks and breaking buds down into quarter and nickel size so it would jar well. It was dry and ready to be jarred. I harvested and jarred 29 ounces, way more than I ever expected...so much so that I ran out of my 24 quart wide mouth mason jars and had to go get more mid cut. Each jar holds a weighed ounce and a bodiva 62. No stems in the jars, I didn't want to take a chance with mold. I have only burped once a week for 30 min or so. Jars are telling me 55% so I'm good.

Yes, I've tried some by now. Remember its been years since I've last had some. A stiff breeze will knock me over lol. I waited a few days after jarring before taking my 1st one, but I could not resist any longer, after 5 long months. Let me say, I'm really loving it! The effect is heady and functional, and has some green taste and look to it, but not in a bad way, and the effect lasts a few hours and I feel great afterwards. I'm having more issue with my Ghost vape working correctly than anything else lol.

Things done this grow that increased yield and potency
CO2
Fox Farm Flowering Nutes
Watering/Nute cycle every 3-4 days - using pump with drip
Keeping my tent closed all the time

What I would change next grow
Redesign the pump drip to be a concentric circle feed, not a series feed. The plants do feed at different rates in a series feed.
I would run the CO2 from the time the seed pops through the soil.
I would transplant within several weeks of going into Solo cups
I went from Solo cup to 5 gallon GEO pot. Should a midsize pot between the two help?
Pre-stage my water, mix my chemicals and PH it the day before the actual feed or water cycle.
On my flush week I finally figured out I had to buy a small wet vac to suck out the water. Best $20 I ever spent. Wish I had used that the entire grow.
If I could figure out the PH issue it would be cool to auto water the plants. I bought a water solenoid with power supply but never got around to hooking it up.
During flower, double the frequency of air replacement (from every 40 min to every 20) by getting a larger timer. Reason? The smell became hard to control, CO2 makes that worse by causing the plants to work harder.

It may be awhile before I grow again. I have left my tent up, with the internal tent fan and venting still intact, but I took the entire rest of the tent contents down (including the fan filter) and boxed it up, and wiped the entire tent with 91%. I'll still be out here on 420 checking out what people are doing. The mod can move this journal to completed status. Thank you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom