Magacrop Deficiency Issue?

Thank you all so much for your input and guidance! I've enjoyed reading many of your posts in the past but it's a pleasure to speak with you directly on here. I think I will start with @InTheShed and @Emilya recommendation and do a ten gallon plain tap water flush followed by 2 gallons of MC at 4.5g/gallon while I try to source GrowMore Orchid Fertilizer, currently my best option I can find is Amazon with deliveries out a couple weeks so I don't want to wait that long to take action. I will check tomorrow to see if anyone is open locally that stocks in.

sorry, late to the dance -- whats going on here ?

looks like flat out pk def to me. cal and other stuff goes with. in an mc only nute run it's an increase. sometimes you have to push them. i have wound up at 6.5g/gal and higher running hard under led.

my thoughts are to drop the botanicare, quick flush, and re balance with mc alone first.

are you running a dimmer ? - if so run between 75 - 90%. it won't make a difference in your bud production, and it will give the plant a break on the cal mag side and help it balance.

pulling most of this on what i could glean from the pics and first post.

white space really helps.

Hi @bluter, sorry for the late reply. I've gone ahead and flushed 10 gallons through the 5 gallon pots, followed by 2 gallons of 4.5G/Gallon MC and dropped the botanicare. I don't have a dimmer per say. I have an older (6 months) SF-4000, the newer ones I guess have a dimmer but mine does have a screw on the meanwell driver that you can adjust down. I've been hesitant to do that because it seems like a pain and I don't have a PAR light meter (for semi obvious reasons $$). I was sort of worried the light may be a little too intense for a 4x4 tent? I've been busy with work and just recently made these changes, so I have yet to get a feel for how they are responding. I apologize what is "white space"?

white space is space between sentences or paragraphs. can make reading and comprehension much easier..

while I try to source GrowMore Orchid Fertilizer

you don't need it. was probably part of the issue.

run nothing but the mc. get that in balance first. probably not even cal-mag. get used to running mc on it's own. if you can't bring them home with just the mc, you'll never get there with the supplements. the plants need reset and flip.

4.5g is a a good place to start, but will likely be a bit light. start there and monitor. would expect you get to 5 or higher pretty quick.

@bluter, thank you for your guidance and recommendations. I will keep the white space in mind for this and future posts.

My original rationale for adding CalMag was driven by the leaves showing deficiencies which I thought was CalMag deficiency. I guess my thought was the seeds said likes extra CalMag, running LED lights and I had "read" most people wont need extra CalMag with MC but I wasn't sure based on the leaves if I was most.

I was at 5g, which is when I started to see the leaf issues, which I then started added in CalMag. I get the impression most people think my PH drifted up and my feed rate was a little high. I hadn't seen any leaf burn or really dark leaves and also factored in that ProMix doesn't have any nutrients mixed in so I thought 5g was ok.

Hopefully the flush and 4.5g will help them back on the right path. Would you wait for it to recover more before flipping or go right to 12/12?

mine does have a screw on the meanwell driver that you can adjust down. I've been hesitant to do that because it seems like a pain and I don't have a PAR light meter
I use the V screw as a dimmer on both of my MW drivers, so have no fear in that. Pop the rubber plug out and slide a small screwdriver in. Easy peasy.

And you don't need a par meter. I use a $30 lux meter, but you could probably get away with a smartphone lux app for a rough guess.

Would you wait for it to recover more before flipping or go right to 12/12?

correct them first, then flip. you want them stable going in. it's much harder to fix issues once in flower.

this is the mega crop feed schedule taken right from the greenleaf site

veg 1 seedling / small plants - 2.0g / gal
veg 2 normal veg - 4.0g / gal
veg 3 extended veg - 4.5g / gal

flower wk 1 - 2 - 5.0g / gal
flower wk 3 - 4 - 5.5g / gal
flower wk 5 - harvest - 6.0g/ gal

it is pretty trusty. i would recommend you visit the greenleaf nutrients site and check out the feed schedule for yourself. you can tailor it for the amount of water you mix, or if you feed by ppm / ec. i would stick to g/gal til you are used to it.

correct them first, then flip. you want them stable going in. it's much harder to fix issues once in flower.

this is the mega crop feed schedule taken right from the greenleaf site

veg 1 seedling / small plants - 2.0g / gal
veg 2 normal veg - 4.0g / gal
veg 3 extended veg - 4.5g / gal

flower wk 1 - 2 - 5.0g / gal
flower wk 3 - 4 - 5.5g / gal
flower wk 5 - harvest - 6.0g/ gal

it is pretty trusty. i would recommend you visit the greenleaf nutrients site and check out the feed schedule for yourself. you can tailor it for the amount of water you mix, or if you feed by ppm / ec. i would stick to g/gal til you are used to it.
have you feed any of your plants over 4.5g and up to 6g? Allot of us have noticed that above 4.5g per gallon the plants start showing signs of overfeeding.

Hi @bluter, sorry for the late reply. I've gone ahead and flushed 10 gallons through the 5 gallon pots, followed by 2 gallons of 4.5G/Gallon MC and dropped the botanicare. I don't have a dimmer per say. I have an older (6 months) SF-4000, the newer ones I guess have a dimmer but mine does have a screw on the meanwell driver that you can adjust down. I've been hesitant to do that because it seems like a pain and I don't have a PAR light meter (for semi obvious reasons $$). I was sort of worried the light may be a little too intense for a 4x4 tent? I've been busy with work and just recently made these changes, so I have yet to get a feel for how they are responding. I apologize what is "white space"?
this is for a 5x5 tent but you can get the idea

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 18
i notice this problem more often now when people are using MC and adding additonal supliments and not rducing the MC. Emilya and the shed got it to the point. Deffinitly a K lockout. Slury mixture is your step one as the shed mentioned. While checking your PH also check your PPM if you happen to have a pen reader. Also, 4.5g per gallon is where the sweet spot is for MC. If you are planning on adding anything else to mix you need to reduce the MC
I would also stop taking any deffected leaves off as it wll just make the other leaves go bad. Once your lockout is fixed then take them away.
I use MC. What product natural or otherwise can I use to up the k cause mine is in flower and I wanna give her all she can handle

I use MC. What product natural or otherwise can I use to up the k cause mine is in flower and I wanna give her all she can handle
as emilya's mentioned. I know mega crop also has PK booster. Learning from my past exparince i wouldnt mix anything else with mega crop except for their line of addetives. :rofl:

have you feed any of your plants over 4.5g and up to 6g? Allot of us have noticed that above 4.5g per gallon the plants start showing signs of overfeeding.

i've wound up a touch over 7g on some plants. 6 - 6.5 is not uncommon in flower with mc. 7 is extreme, but the plants loved it. i run really hard. i roll a true draw 600watt 12 pot cob ring in an area under 4 x 4.

as emilya says bud explosion or sweet candy are the matched supplements. learn mc on it's own first though ....

that's a plant that had a pk boost added with the mc. took less than three days to blow up the plant. be careful.

Hi Everyone, I've spent a lot of time reading posts and everyone on here is amazing. So many talented growers with years of experience. I started my first grow. After reading through a lot of posts I decided MegaCrop (2020 version) would be the easiest and most straight forward approach for a new inexperienced grower like myself. I'm growing Cinderella XX from Brother's Grimm Seeds in a 4x4 tent with a quantum board LED light. It was off to what I thought was a great start. Day 37 picture shows the plants they seem healthy and happy. I have not been PH'ing my water as I've read with MegaCrop's chelated formula with low alkalinity minimizes PH swings and Promix BX has a buffering agent in it. I started early on at 1G/Gallon and worked my way up to 5G/gallon as they have gotten larger and shifted up to 5 gallon fabric pots (their final size). Around day 41 they started to show some leaf issues and has progressed to what they look like now (day 45). My initial thought was the bright LED light and RO water along with the way the leaves are looking make me think I may have a Calcium Magnesium deficiency. The seed package does say the plant likes extra cal/mag. I started adding 3 ml/gallon Bontanicare Cal/Mag Plus and in the most recently watering, I upped it to 5ml/gallon (the high range of their suggested). I do know I have a small amount of spider mites, which I am in the process of ordering something to treat that, but I don't suspect this type of leaf damage is solely from that? I've read a lot of posts from some experts on MegaCrop and growing as a whole like @Emilya but unfortunately I'm struggling to recover. Any insight or help anyone has would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
day 37.jpg
IMG-3288.JPG
IMG-3342.JPG
IMG-3345.JPG
IMG-3347.JPG
IMG-3359.JPG
IMG-3360.JPG
IMG-3361.JPG
Everything involving MAGA is deficient.

I would suggest using their BE for a water based system or SC for a soil grow. These supplements provide all the K and P you will need, and then some. Be careful... MC is pretty well balanced for cannabis grows the way it is.
Thank you Emilya. I'm really glad you said that last sentence. This is my first season using MC and I feel like " am I doing enough for her" I mean MC is so simple n easy I feel like I'm not doing anything lol if that makes sense. I'll leave everything the way it is then because I've got no deficiencies and dont want issues. Great to know that its perfectly balanced. Thanks again

Looks like you used a pk booster too early . But, I’m new.

it was on time, just too much for the plant to handle. i'm glad i only tried the one.

it was on time, just too much for the plant to handle. i'm glad i only tried the one.
Had that happen as well (sweet candy too soon) but in the right quantity, it’s a perfect compliment.
But I definitely get up to at least 6g, as they suggest.
My GelatOG liked about 7g MC, plus sweet candy 1g, silica blast 3ml, terpinator 1ml

However, that same mix was way too much K for my Wedding Cheesecake plant and crisped her good in the last 3 weeks.

Every plant will want something slightly different. I like to find out what they like for dessert and make them fat ;)

i've wound up a touch over 7g on some plants. 6 - 6.5 is not uncommon in flower with mc. 7 is extreme, but the plants loved it. i run really hard. i roll a true draw 600watt 12 pot cob ring in an area under 4 x 4.

as emilya says bud explosion or sweet candy are the matched supplements. learn mc on it's own first though ....

that's a plant that had a pk boost added with the mc. took less than three days to blow up the plant. be careful.
Woah. I bought some Bud explosion. It says .5 per gallon I'm also using MC which I love at 5 grams per gallon. Should I drop the MC to 4 or more to go along with BE?

Back
Top Bottom