Magsters Indoor Grow Journal - Coco Peat - Not Sure What Strain This Is - 2018

Nothing fell on her. Though im kind of thinking its because of the fertilizer i added in the soil when i was pre-mixing it.

I stuck a tootpick besides her so she can lean on it and am hoping for the best.

--didnt really got my hopes up with baby number one. Well, ill germinate a new seed right now and probably do the perlite and coco thing. The medium i used for her was coco, vermiculite and some ferts. Uuuugghhh!!! I should not have added those ferts in the premix x.x

Mag did you add fertilizer to your soil as you mixed? Then again yesterday?
Not really but i did put kind of a lot of ferts of 14-14-14 fert when i pre-mixed the soil. I flushed it yesterday and i was reaaaaaally kind of thinking that i was doing it wrong as it was looking way too muddy after flushing

That flushing started to break down and release the fertilizer. Your plant can use that much and it's probably just going to burn up now

That flushing started to break down and release the fertilizer. Your plant can use that much and it's probably just going to burn up now
Welcome aboard! That really is it then. Well, i did lear a very valuable lesson..... Not to mess up with the medium. Lol. Good thing im doing this for experience. I got a whole new batch of bagseed from the last stash i got so ill probably germinate some and start again. Baby number 2 is doing pretty good with its coco+perlite+powdered eggshells+super tiny bit of epsom salt though..

For sure buddy. You might think that you are covering your plant with love when in actual fact you are killing it by giving it too much salt and concentrated nutrients. As Derby said, as you water, your water trickles past the slow release nutrients and slowly starts to do just that. Slow-release, coupled with you also fertilizing..... All of a sudden your little teeny tiny seedling is getting full strength which it cannot handle. So, moving forward.....no fertilizer in your medium. You want to be able to control every level of her growth, when you add fertilizer to the soil for creating the situation that is uncontrollable.

For sure buddy. You might think that you are covering your plant with love when in actual fact you are killing it by giving it too much salt and concentrated nutrients. As Derby said, as you water, your water trickles past the slow release nutrients and slowly starts to do just that. Slow-release, coupled with you also fertilizing..... All of a sudden your little teeny tiny seedling is getting full strength which it cannot handle. So, moving forward.....no fertilizer in your medium. You want to be able to control every level of her growth, when you add fertilizer to the soil for creating the situation that is uncontrollable.

It's kind of heartbreaking that this happened. Dang. I knew something would go wrong. But definitely learned a big lesson there.

Moving forward, I started to germinate 2 more seeds earlier by soaking them up in water and will transfer to paper towel after 24 hours. (I'm not sure why but this worked for me when I was germinating my seeds before). But anyway, I'll keep updating my journal! Really appreciate all your help.

Sure thing..... I wish I had more experience with Coco to share with you. I would never have imagined to water plants with nutrients that early. Me and soil, it's 3 weeks before I give them anything other than water.

Sure thing..... I wish I had more experience with Coco to share with you. I would never have imagined to water plants with nutrients that early. Me and soil, it's 3 weeks before I give them anything other than water.
Thats what i love the most at this part to be honest. The learning!! I just watered my babies with some nutes and im pretty sure i did a good job mixing them and followed all instructions. Did a whole lot of calculations too. Only thing is, i dont have a ppm/ec meter but then again, i want to learn by my mistakes.

Just look at her swimming full of nutrients :D

Also: i have transferred the seeds that i soaked into paper towel and placed it where i last placed the seeds that germinated.
995de0a2abd47c9a025cd48e5fb1b3e6.jpg

Looking good mag. Remember a little feed everyday
Will do my good sir. She's been sleeping for a few hours right now and i've read somewhere that this is where they use the nutes that they gathered.

I took a quick look and i can already see a tiny bit of leaf growing at the top. Probably the next node or i dont know. Not really sure how this goes but i'm sure they're doing pretty good. As well as the color. I'm just loving it!

Not to be a nuisance or anything but i just love seeing my baby grow....

Although, should i be concerned that the other leaf at the top is not equal to the other? The one pointing at the right is far mor lenghthier than the left :(

Other than that... Happy growing!!
87f6770d4dccc04c23e44cd8f2754df5.jpg
Nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom