Magsters Indoor Grow Journal - Coco Peat - Not Sure What Strain This Is - 2018

Anyway, a friend of mine came by and i was able to get a hold of some sativa random strain seeds. Will probably try to do the water floating sinking for this to see if it would work. Here they are right now!
ccea4f6c1aa13d5c434f27a545a968ae.jpg

You should wait longer. I do it the same everytime and works well for me. I put in a glass of water and wait 24hrs and they usually sink to the bottom after a bit too. Then I pour them out onto paper towel folded up and put it on either a plate or plastic dish. Then I place them somewhere warm not cold and keep paper towell from getting dried out. Usually within 3 days there are sprouts. But some people I know have waited up to 11 days!

Just upgraded my growbox!! Maybe ill call it grow box 2.0. lol. Anyway, i made it taller. Making it to a 20x20x40.

Also, my seed that i left in a glass of water has sunken. I should probably wait til a green thing sprouts before transferring it to the growing medium right? Ill post pics once im done fixing my grow box 2.0 :)

Really excited!!!

Wooh!! I've just finished my growbox and i can say its pretty ugly for a growbox. Hahaha. Anyway, i think it has all the components needed to grow the plant; reflector (aluminum foil), very small usb fan (will upgrade once i get my grow started. And 2 cfl (will add more in the future)... Again, low budget. Anyway, if you have any suggestions on what i can add or do, let me know and ill be more than happy to comply. (Newbie grower here)..

Here is the growbox 2.0!!!
050ca4fa2d531ca883f6cf7162a526d8.jpg
8263966d8b1ab41a2b25e80cb023fdb6.jpg
d4f5f1f976625dfa4f5ec092253985d8.jpg
912a839750e0571ad5e25e3d1652d608.jpg

Getting really frustrated :( My seeds won't germinate and I don't know why......

I've tried most of the easy methods like paper towel, directly to the medium and the soaking method, plus the soaking for 24hours then paper towel.

I've been mixing vinegar to make the ph ranging from 5.5 - 6.5 as my tap water is at pH 8. Should I use the tap water and not mix it with anything? the seeds are in my grow box and I think it's pretty warm. The cfls are closed and there are lids on the containers where they are being germinated. (currently have like 3 containers with at least 20+ seeds. They started from green seeds but have turned dark.

What should I do?? :(

EDIT: I do have some pics but I can't post them. Don't know why but my mobile is giving me an error that i don't have permission to post pics?

Finally!!!!!!!!! I was able to germinate my seed and already transferred them to my coco+perlite mix. Here they are right now!!

And btw, im currently using 2 24w cfl and planning on adding more. How many should i add?

And if you're growing on a 2x2x4 growbox, how far the seedlings should be from the lights? And how many plants woulf fit?

Edit: still cant upload photos.

Photos would have indicated that my pot is placed 4 or 5 inches away from the 2 cfls
A very small fan is pointed between the cfl and the bulbs
And 2 small holes below the sides of the growbox.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Are you using a humidity dome? Babies love warmth and humidity. I usually don't start using fans until they are a bit older. With CFL's I stay as close as I can, until heat becomes a problem. Those 24 watt bulbs get pretty warm. 4 inches is probably good. I can get my T5 within a couple of inches thought.

Are you planning to use the T5 for your main light? I got mine specifically for early veg because I've found the light is easier on young plants. If it's going to be your main light though you might want to go with an LED.

Thanks! My baby little plants is happily growing as of now with the 18/6 lights i give then.

The 2 small rounded thingy just separated themselves and i think i can see a little bit of leaf popping out of the rounded thingy.

I just wish i can post pics using my mobile but i dont know why its not letting me :(

Anywho, ill keep this journal updated and would still definitely try to find ways on how i can post pictures :)

EDIT: Quick question btw, when should i give them the GH flora mix?? I do water them (not overwattering and im sure of it) maintaining the pH level 5.5 to 5.8 but i still havent mixed any waterring with nutes.

Thanks! My baby little plants is happily growing as of now with the 18/6 lights i give then.

The 2 small rounded thingy just separated themselves and i think i can see a little bit of leaf popping out of the rounded thingy.

I just wish i can post pics using my mobile but i dont know why its not letting me :(

Anywho, ill keep this journal updated and would still definitely try to find ways on how i can post pictures :)

EDIT: Quick question btw, when should i give them the GH flora mix?? I do water them (not overwattering and im sure of it) maintaining the pH level 5.5 to 5.8 but i still havent mixed any waterring with nutes.
You can download 420 app and go to 420 mag from there and post pics. 420 app is setup alot like 420 mag app so you shouldn't have any problems figuring everything out...️

If you're going to use coco you will have to feed from day one and water every day. I started mine out at 375ppm and stayed there for a week or so. Now if your going to use soil I would start feeding for at least 3- weeks and then start at very low strength light 1/4 the recommended. Just be careful and don't give too much. It's always best to start low and build up cause once overfed it can take a bit to recover, less is more, good luck...️

Flytier uses only CFL bulbs for his entire grows. You should check his grows out. He doesn't get huge plants, but good marijuana nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom