Magsters Indoor Grow Journal - Coco Peat - Not Sure What Strain This Is - 2018

It's nothing about you are doing or not doing that won't allow you to post photographs......... The system is going through an upgrade and nobody who uses the 420 app can post photographs at this point......Im the same.

You've got some pretty amazing people on your side here already my friend but let's get this show on the road....... What are you presently having troubles with?

If needed, now that you have more than 50 posts I can p.m. you my email address and you can send me pictures that way so that we can get a handle on what's going on. By the way, I think your little DIY grow box looks amazing!.

Here to help. But between the others here I know your in GREAT hands!!

And i have just risen from the dead!!!! After a very long sleep.....

Anyway, i've woken up and immediately looked at my babies. Here they are right now!!
81f9ffc4e7f22c5147ed2fe1bd7a384f.jpg
b9649303b2fcec7dd8b28dfadfeaf3e3.jpg

There you are!

Ok , with the CFLs, keep them within a few inches of your girls and the more the merrier.....safely of course. Watch them too. I have read somewhere that CFLs have the potential to burn a plant to if too close. A fan at this point will only lend itself to drying your medium out. Once the plants get to a couple of weeks old, I would turn the fan back on and allow it to move them around slightly so that it helps to strengthen their stem & root system.

Also, your pails.....they have drainage holes in them right? Are you keeping an eye on your PH of your water? Ideally it should be 5.7 for coco.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of coco, but I do know that it behaves like Hydroponics when it comes to pH.

Those are really great things! I'm thinking about just using a small USB fan maybe and get it pointed to the cfls I'll be adding.

Also, the plug where I can input 2 bulbs at the same time is a pain in the head to get a hold of (i already ordered but would take up until the 3rd of March before it gets shipped), I'm thinking of just adding a new extension (safely of course) and use 2 separate plugs for the bulbs. I'll probably add these at the back of the box so that it would be pointed to the plants. I think I have some more 2 daylight CFLs (as been told the 6500 thingy is a great thing for vegetable stage)

What's your thought on this?

Oh and one more thing!! I've been told that white paper can much be more than effective versus the backside of the foil. I'm planning on making another growbox (probably still the same size or bigger, not really sure about it as of now) with the white paper and some glue.

Oh yeah! About the pH. I'm using tap water with a pH 8 and am using white vinegar to make it 5.6-5.9 at max. Got some positive feedback about using vinegar so i just kind of tried it and it worked and them babies kinda looks like they're loving them.

I'm also kind of excited to use the nutes. I want to learn how to mix them up and how much should I give or something like that. I just want to learn it all up to curing. Lol

--Pots do have holes under them for drainage

Btw..... (knocks on wood) I've been reading a lot about LST and topping the plant but then I figured, what if my baby is a "he" and not a "she". Can I still do the LST / topping for it? (I don't really mind if it's a male plant. I'll still smoke it) -- Also, doing this just for the experience. :)

EDIT AGAIN: Just realized that auto-flowering can't really be topped (based on my research) so I think the main issue as of now is how I can know my babies are auto-flowering or if it's a dude, or if it's indica, sativa, hybrid.

Those are really great things! I'm thinking about just using a small USB fan maybe and get it pointed to the cfls I'll be adding.

Also, the plug where I can input 2 bulbs at the same time is a pain in the head to get a hold of (i already ordered but would take up until the 3rd of March before it gets shipped), I'm thinking of just adding a new extension (safely of course) and use 2 separate plugs for the bulbs. I'll probably add these at the back of the box so that it would be pointed to the plants. I think I have some more 2 daylight CFLs (as been told the 6500 thingy is a great thing for vegetable stage)

What's your thought on this?

Oh and one more thing!! I've been told that white paper can much be more than effective versus the backside of the foil. I'm planning on making another growbox (probably still the same size or bigger, not really sure about it as of now) with the white paper and some glue.

Yeah, flat white is the best reflector. You can just paint also.

Okay a couple of things..... You mentioned autoflowering in your last sentence. Why do you think that she is an Autoflower, you do not know where the seeds came from correct? Autoflowers are a genetic change that somebody in a lab somewhere has created. Autos are a bit of a pain in the butt when it comes to being able to mess around with your plants. They don't particularly like being touched once they are in soil and established.

You will be able to tell what type or which way your plant leans, more so towards indica or sativa wants her leaves start to grow. Short fat broad leaves are more indica, whereas long slender finger like leaves tend to be more sativa.

Hey, if you're looking just for the experience then by all means grow out a male......lets hope it's a female for now. If you Come to that road, then we'll cross it then LOL. Just don't grow out a male plant anywhere near another plant that might be female. When he drops his pollen, he will end up pollinating marijuana plants within a hundred feet of him if he has his way.

For your lighting..... I would use as many of those CFLs as I could get my hands on, 6500 K refers to the color of the light that you are using. 6500 K basically refers to sunlight on a cloudy day. This is why we use higher K values for veg, as the plant is growing. The lower K values, something like 3-4000 K can be used in flower as they mimic sunlight.

Your bottled nutrients will have instructions on how to mix correctly for both seedlings and adult plants. I generally don't give anything to my plants in till they are minimum 20 days old. Your PH is great. Vinegar had a good portion of acetic acid in it. This is why it acts as such a great "organic" pH Down.

If you're going to use coco you will have to feed from day one and water every day. I started mine out at 375ppm and stayed there for a week or so. Now if your going to use soil I would start feeding for at least 3- weeks and then start at very low strength light 1/4 the recommended. Just be careful and don't give too much. It's always best to start low and build up cause once overfed it can take a bit to recover, less is more, good luck...️

Dang!!! I must have missed this when you mentioned that I should have fed them from day 1. What should I do? alkdmf;lakmdfl;kamsd;lkmf I'm seriously panicking right now. Also, I don't have the PPM EC meter thingy so it might take at least about up to next week before I can get one. What's the mix? How should I do this. kasaaldkfmalkdmfal;kdmf :jawdropper::jawdropper:

Ok subbed in. Need to water with feed everyday in coco. never let it dry out. In your pictures they look too dry to me. For now don't worry about a ppm pen, just read how much to mix and only add 1/4 of that and feed that. Watch the plant and it will ask when it needs more. Now a ph pen or some other way of testing ph is needed. Keep ph between 5.8-6.2 in coco. Ask any question and hopefully we can get them answered

Ok subbed in. Need to water with feed everyday in coco. never let it dry out. In your pictures they look too dry to me. For now don't worry about a ppm pen, just read how much to mix and only add 1/4 of that and feed that. Watch the plant and it will ask when it needs more. Now a ph pen or some other way of testing ph is needed. Keep ph between 5.8-6.2 in coco. Ask any question and hopefully we can get them answered

Thanks for the help bro! Really need the help with this. Not sure about how to water them though, I literally just flushed the one on the left before taking a pic and watered the right one a bit too with pH'd water.

Will probably wait maybe like 2 days before i add them nutes :)

Back
Top Bottom