Maineiac's 1st Journal, Outdoor Grow, Organic, Black & Blue Hyena Strains

Nice grow and I'm along for the ride now. Since I don't know your actual garden situation, make sure you plant those out of public site to keep it legal ("A person who elects to cultivate marijuana shall ensure the marijuana is not visible from a public way without the use of binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids and shall take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access by a person under 21 years of age.")

Hi Jimigrows, Nice to have you along. Yes, I'm guessing the rules will be the same as for medical marijuana grow last year. I appreciate your concern. It's quite private here, and will also have a fence and padlocked gate to get in. I'm going to your journal to have a peek. Again, welcome.

I'm gonna move my ladies outside on Thursday. They'll be in Hancock county. The nights will still be low 50s but I think they'll tough it out.

Hello BG, I agree. My weather forcaster says nights after Memorial Day will be no less than 50 degrees. I've had some clones out all night somewhere between 50 and 59 degrees. They're fine. I have prepared the sites so transplant day will go quickly. I also have a few garden seedlings to transplant also. Busy season readying everything. Love the smell of damp compost!

Loving thoughts for your mom maineiac. :hug::hug::hug: Wer'e eternal beings, and she gets to find out the answers before you, which is how it should be.

How sweet that you're showcasing Hyena's strain. I wasn't aware he had one - sorry Hyena, but my myopic nature should be something you're all used to by now. :battingeyelashes: And outdoors too, something I have no chance of doing here. I have a picture of a woman trellising an outdoor plant hanging over my workbench to remind myself that this is the ultimate goal, growing monsters under the sun.

Mind if I hang out and enjoy the journey with you? :battingeyelashes: :love:

And Happy Memorial Day back at you. I almost forgot it completely. :laughtwo:

Hi SweetSue,

I'd be delighted for your company, expertise, and psychological tidbits to keep the world positive! Yes, welcome.

Mom - I only want her to be comfortable until her time. I can still make her smile, too. Kinda special at this stage.

H.M. has a grow in his attic. He's a very experienced budmaster who grows in Dutch Buckets. I was intrigued with the system, and have been following his grows since. Impressive canopy, prose, and photography. He asked if I would do an evaluation grow for him. After seeing his grows, I said yes immediately. Sounds like fun.

Enjoying reading your Living in Joy thread. Great group. So much chance for introspection as the thread progresses. Love it.

Hi SweetSue,

I'd be delighted for your company, expertise, and psychological tidbits to keep the world positive! Yes, welcome.

Mom - I only want her to be comfortable until her time. I can still make her smile, too. Kinda special at this stage.

H.M. has a grow in his attic. He's a very experienced budmaster who grows in Dutch Buckets. I was intrigued with the system, and have been following his grows since. Impressive canopy, prose, and photography. He asked if I would do an evaluation grow for him. After seeing his grows, I said yes immediately. Sounds like fun.

Enjoying reading your Living in Joy thread. Great group. So much chance for introspection as the thread progresses. Love it.

That's one of the threads I'm proudest of. Glad you're enjoying it. :battingeyelashes: I look forward to getting to know you better. Let's have some fun.

:hug: :love:

I left you a PM.

Step right up here. Don't be shy. Here's a chance to see the first pictures of one Purple Haze, one White Widow, and one either black or blue hyena, and one picture of all 14 plants. Is this opening as tacky as Jim Carrey can be?

Hi guys,

I finally have all 14 plants in soil. It's been theraputic preparing the planting area. Hopefully with the preparation, amendments, and loving care, I'll have a respectable harvest.

This picture is one of 5 purple haze clones, been in the ground for 2 days.

2017_Outside_Grow_004.JPG

The picture below is one of two white widows planted in homemade 20 gal canvas pots. Mulch is on top.

2017_Outside_Grow_003.JPG

Um, the next pic is one of 7 either Black or Blue Hyena's. (Sorry, H.M. Next update will have a pic of each one.) Somewhere between downloading from memory chip to computer, to thumb drive, uploading to another computer, then to :420:, the order of pictures changed. I took a pic of one Black Hyena, and one Blue Hyena, and I don't know from the pics which is which. Oops. (Now that's tacky, isn't it?!?)

2017_Outside_Grow_001.JPG

And, here is an overall shot at the site - 2 WW's in foreground, 5 Purple Haze in middle rows, 4 Black Hyena's on right, and 3 Blue Hyena's on left. Still not much to look at, but does have much promise.

2017_Outside_Grow_002.JPG

Before the weekend is finished, I hope to journal each plant (don't worry, it'll only be this once). Afterwards, I'll highlight the best of each strain. (I'm not one for lots of pics)

Until this weekend....

Awwww.... we love an excess of pictures. :battingeyelashes: Not everyone has my manic energy. :laughtwo:

I often mix up the order while loading into the gallery. In that case I jump back into my phone photo gallery (I take almost all of my pictures as one shots on the iPhone) and review the order from there. Makes me smile when I realize I can't remember which one it was. Makes me really happy that I grow so many I can lose track. Lol!

Your harvest will be stellar. The clones look wonderfully healthy, and in the ground outdoors they get the benefit of the super power of the indigenous mychorizzal. :slide:

They look ready to play maineiac. :woohoo: Let the games begin. :laughtwo:

Thank you SweetSue for gracing my journal. Your energy is welcome here. The clones (purple Haze) have been in soil since March, just vegging away, until I could get them some sun. I expect they'll take off in a few days. Mycorhizae was sprinkled in each planting hole to hopefully give a kick start. Can't hurt. Yes, they do look ready to play! Thanks for that observation! (Maybe they'll start out with Led Zepplin, or Deep Purple, :cool: ) How about joining us for a harvest smoke?

Oh, I'll be here. You can count on it. :hug:

Good Evening folks. Hope your day was a great one!

Spring is busting out all over!! lol. Planting season is around the corner, beds need to be prepared. So many little things to do, and rain here! So we still do the best we can. So, I decided to see if the plants will become hardened if I leave them out all night. With the rain, I don't think it'll be very cold. I'd like to get them into the ground so they can get used to outdoors soil, then get a good veg on.

In other news, I have peas growing well, so I know the soil is quite well mineralized. I'm looking forward to this grow, in a new garden plot, with new strains (Black Hyena (5), and Blue Hyena (3)), and 5 Purple Haze clones. Incidently, the Hyena strains were given to me for evaluation by Hyena Merica. Also, that's the reason this journal was created.

Well, with all this chatter, I did manage to take some pics of the seedlings today, even in the rain.
First image is the 5 Purple Haze clones, group shot.
05252017_001.JPG

Next Pic is of the 5 Black Hyenas group shot.
05252017_005.JPG

And the last pic is a group shot of the three Blue Hyena seedlings. BTW, there were 4, but one was damaged when the cup fell while I was moving them outdoors. I really need a cold frame for spring. That would save so much transferring seedlings in and out every day. Live and learn.
05252017_003.JPG

They'll go in the ground around June 1st, as Memorial Day seems to be the last of the colder weather. Almost always cold and rainy here during then.

Those purple haze clones are some beauties!

GREAT STUFF!!

Bro, I am sure they will all take off now that they can get Mr. Sun all day!

A garden of grass...nice.

Peace, Hyena

Welcome Jonyoudyer,

Thank you. I agree. They have had a long veg period to bulk up, and am looking forward to these taking off soon. All the other seedlings were a little late getting out of the chute. I had some technical difficulties, lol. Hopefully will get a good harvest. This is only my second grow outside, and still need guidance. So, any and all comments welcome.

Evening, folks,

I promised an update by the weekend. Well the good news is I have an update by the weekend (like studying for an exam :rofl:

The bad news is I have a few pictures that I don't know which strain it is. Reason: switching from disk to computer to thumb drive to computer, then uploaded, the order gets mixed up. More good news: Next update, I realized I should mark the plant before the photo is taken. Sorry, guys, next time. However I'll present 'em like I got 'em - Without further adieu Purple Haze: She stands 23 inches
tall already.
06042017_002.JPG

This is my smallest Purple haze
06042017_003.JPG

One of two White widow's in a 25 gal pot ( an experiment in homemade pots)
06042017_005.JPG

Blue Hyena
06042017_008.JPG

Blue Hyena
06042017_009.JPG

Third Blue Hyena
06042017_010.JPG

I believe this is another Black Hyena, and
06042017_007.JPG

this is the last Black Hyena pic I have
06042017_004.JPG

I didn't photograph all the Black Hyena's as the rain clouds were coming in, and just did beat the rain. In case you're wondering, I know which is which in the garden, so I can correctly identify the strains. I hope you all had a sparkling weekend!

They're gonna turn into trees right before your eyes. I envy the outdoor option. I almost put one on the balcony this spring, and I could probably get away with it if it weren't for the daughter's anxiety disorder. She'd never be able to live with that. :straightface:

Ah well, I have an outdoor garden in my future, of this I'm certain. It's just a matter of waiting it out. I do so prefer instant gratification.

Oh! I just realized it's 11 AM and I never took my morning capsule. :laughtwo: It's nice to have so many active cannabinoids in the system that I always feel this wonderful. It's really great to be me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope you got a break from the rain maineiac. We clouded over about mid morning. Another cool June day in The Burgh.

:hug::hug::hug:

Hi there, SweetSue,

Must be warmer down there. Second day in a row high temp is mid 50's. However, the forecast is for tomorrow to be sunny and all this squally mess to end, and become real nice. Trees are nice, don't you think? Open invitation anytime you want to see them.

Don't tempt me like that maineiac. :laughtwo: One of these days I'll unleash my plan to visit as many members in a year as I possibly can. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trees are our heart's desire. :dreamy:

Sorry to see you go maineiac. We're not going anywhere, so if you change your mind...... :hug:

Back
Top Bottom