Many different problems I don't understand

Hi GreenB!:welcome:

To reinforce what Major and Birdie said:
Young plants in pots that size should go at least a week between waterings. I've read of growers going 2-3 weeks in early stage.
If you can, fill a pot with dry soil and weigh it. Next time you think you need to water weigh the pot first. If weight is more than 10% over weight of dry soil then don't water. If you find your plants with leaves drooping almost straight down you're just in time for watering. If you find stick with dry crispy leaves you've waited a little too long. :)laughtwo: have a laugh at my expense for that one.)

2nd point, if plants don't need water they don't need nutes either (usually). I've done more damage to my plants by over-feeding and overwatering. I know it sound wrong but try to let plants get hungry and thirsty. If you do get a deficiency it is usually easy to fix without causing long-term problems.

3rd, the small tears on some leaves look like minor physical damage but plant tissue is healthy so not a problem.

I hope I clarified things for you instead of just confusing things more.

Last thing, about the double stem (4th plant, right?), I've had this happen to couple plants I don't remember topping. It's possible I just forgot what I did, but more likely I cause some slight damage while inspecting plant similar to topping.

Then i think i wills top watering for the small once because i did water them yesterday, i will follow the dropping leaves method lol
But then don't you think the second one is dropping down and needs watering?

And about nutes i just gave root juice and now nothing, just water all the way, and not planning on giving them any grow bloom fish mix till i see that they are hungry and thirsty i have read that it gives even better taste, but forgot how to besure that they are hungry...

You did clarify things and thank you soo much.

I think i won't touch the one with two stems i will leave her alone till i see i need to do something about it...

Thank you once again:)

Watering every three days is way too often, IMO. They could go weeks in that much soil after a proper watering. Don't worry about PH or flushing or anything else until you get the pots DRY. You runoff PH is lower because of the soil. After your water percolates through acidic soil, it gets much lower.

I'd move the light up a little. Try something like 18" for now.

So i am just stop watering them now, with hope nothinggoes wrong.
I checked some websites they say the run off water supposed to be 6 or not to far from 6, because if it's 5 it means there is ph problem or something, i need to change the ph higher, but i have been always watering with 8 ph!!!!

With over-watering, the leaves droop.
With under-watering, the stems/branches droop.
When under-watered, a plant will react positively almost instantly (within minutes) to getting water. If you add water to a plant and it doesn't look better within the hour, you just made it worse.

Over-watered
Sad_PB2.jpg

Under-watered
Thirsty3.jpg

The same under-watered plant a couple minutes later. In another 10 minutes leaves were pointing happily to the sky.
Watered.jpg

With over-watering, the leaves droop.
With under-watering, the stems/branches droop.
When under-watered, a plant will react positively almost instantly (within minutes) to getting water. If you add water to a plant and it doesn't look better within the hour, you just made it worse.

Over-watered
Sad_PB2.jpg

Under-watered
Thirsty3.jpg

The same under-watered plant a couple minutes later. In another 10 minutes leaves were pointing happily to the sky.
Watered.jpg

That explains a lot!

And how do i know that they are hungry and needs nutes? Because i have first one started to flower and i have been using only water..

So i am just stop watering them now, with hope nothinggoes wrong.
I checked some websites they say the run off water supposed to be 6 or not to far from 6, because if it's 5 it means there is ph problem or something, i need to change the ph higher, but i have been always watering with 8 ph!!!!

I must ask, how are you measuring PH?

PH is so critically important to growing and many people have trouble getting accurate PH measurements. Personally, when I started, I tried one of those PH kits with the drops. It seems to work just fine for testing clear water but after adding nutes (or when measuring runoff) the darker liquid becomes impossible to measure accurately with the drop style kit.

I ended up with 2 Oakton PH pens which can be found online for around $50 each.

One pen is nice but 2 is better for absolute confidence.

Also, if you are questioning your water supply, it's quite inexpensive to purchase "drinking water" in gallons. That is "reverse osmosis" water.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

PH is so critically important to growing and many people have trouble getting accurate PH measurements. Personally, when I started, I tried one of those PH kits with the drops. It seems to work just fine for testing clear water but after adding nutes (or when measuring runoff) the darker liquid becomes impossible to measure accurately with the drop style kit.

I ended up with 2 Oakton PH pens which can be found online for around $50 each.

One pen is nice but 2 is better for absolute confidence.

Also, if you are questioning your water supply, it's quite inexpensive to purchase "drinking water" in gallons. That is "reverse osmosis" water.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have PH pen and actually yeah it was confusing me with measuring run off water the dark one, but i broke it because he wasted my time after all of this work i just see my plants going bad and he is stupid so i broke it, i don't need it anyway i am growing organically and not planning to use any nutes just for flowering and already know that the water ph here around 8 and in BB allmix won't effect that much:)

And how do i know that they are hungry and needs nutes? Because i have first one started to flower and i have been using only water..

By reading the plants. They tell you what they need. The hard part is learning to speak their language.

GreenB, you will get there.. and as I always tell my kids.. If I can, you can !:circle-of-love:
Realaaax, Sit back, look at them, feel them. love them..listen to what they say.

And (not now but in a week or three) check out the Problems-pests-and-disease-control link in Birdie's or my signature. That's the best problem identifier on the web. Right now you'll probably just find more to worry about like we all do. :rofl: But in a couple weeks it'll help you read what your plant needs after it recovers from overwatering and overfeeding.

PH is so critically important to growing and many people have trouble getting accurate PH measurements.

PH can be critical, but in a soil grow, the grow medium is so well buffered that water or nute's at 5.0 to 8.0 makes little difference. I had 7 plants this year from Feb. 1st until the chop a couple of weeks ago. I never measured or worried about the PH. However, I know my water is at 7.0. I use one of the cheap yellow pen PH meters and find them to work great. I have three calibration solutions and it has not varied or strayed by more than 0.1 in two years of use.

And (not now but in a week or three) check out the Problems-pests-and-disease-control link in Birdie's or my signature. That's the best problem identifier on the web. Right now you'll probably just find more to worry about like we all do. :rofl: But in a couple weeks it'll help you read what your plant needs after it recovers from overwatering and overfeeding.

I have read about them, those dudes are scary i don't wanna have them. But i will read your article.
Check this new pictures out they look better!!

IMG_243823.JPG
IMG_243324.JPG

The top picture looks like it shows heat stress. Did you move your light up?

Yes i did:thumb: yesterday night, how long does it take to notice any different?

Not long. Hopefully the top leaves aren't as taco'd today.

Guys please more help, do i need to defoliate them or at least the one in the left corner who was over watered? Or maybe topping or anythig that helps? Because i don't think it's auto, and it's huge to let her grow more till the others have enough nudes to turn the light in 12/12 cycle and the one who had spot on one leave is auto and she started to flower, it's very bushy and short, should i do some technique to have bigger yield and bigger buds, because i think when the plant is bushy like this the buds inside won't receive any direct light!!

Back
Top Bottom