Mars Hydro LED discrepancy?

elamigoverde

They advertise LED units as using 5w LEDs but in other places they say 3w. For the exact same product.
On the website you can see on the same page they refer to the 144 light unit at 5w on the top of the page and then 3w at the bottom.

LINK Reflector series LED Grow Lights - Mars Hydro
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mars_hydro_3_watts.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5_watts.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have posted in their thread about it asking for clarification and have been ignored. I also emailed their webiste and again no response.

I would like a definitive answer as they are a sponsor of this forum and accountable to the members who support them and buy their products, like myself.

Anyone else notice this?

I actually started researchif them today as I need a wider lens'd led and I noticed that as well. I assumed they just haf a mistype as they used to sell the 3w diodes in the old models. Interested in smokesara letting us know though!

I ordered from them and in their confirmation email they state it is 5w. I'm guessing they are a mom & pop business or just not very professional.

I really disliked that the only payment options on the website were Western Union or Paypal. It cost me $14 to send them the 173.99.

Then in the western Union follow up email where they ask for the MTCN number, they offered to let me pay by credit card after I had already paid extra for the money transfer.

wtf

These criticisms are in hopes that they fix these issues and not for the sake of bad mouthing the company.

And now I have to go by a watt meter. Fuck. Oh well. And I just ordered another 720 wt reflector. Huh.
I was just talking with a buddy about this Mars light and told him I thought it was weak. So what did I do? Bought another one. lol. You know the old saying, "You can't fix stupid".

Thanks for the heads up elam. Look forward to hearing what feedback you get.

Andy.

I believe that Mars Hydro recently upgraded the reflector series from 3w to 5w...

Here is the Mars Hydro thread, you may want to ask there to get confirmation.

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'll check that out, thanks! I was looking around and hadden't seen that yet.
Peace, Andy.

Lolol. I take that back, I'm on that very thread on my laptop as we speak. (Well, you know what I mean.)

I have posted in their thread about it asking for clarification and have been ignored. I also emailed their webiste and again no response.

I would like a definitive answer as they are a sponsor of this forum and accountable to the members who support them and buy their products, like myself.

Your question was not ignored, you simply missed Sara's answer from 2 days ago - Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion :goodluck:

Hi elamigoverde, if you are not from UK, you will get Reflector96x5w. :Namaste: Please don't worry, they are 5w, not 3w. We will not misguide our customers. :circle-of-love: They were 3w but now they are updated to 5w. :high-five: We actually have credit card option at the website. You can pay by credit card. :Namaste:

I just ordered the 96x3 (or is it 5w?) reflector series and I am excited to receive it.

The problem I have with this company is that they claim their leds are 5w and then you'll see others verbage where it says they are 3w. For the same products! So which is it? Are they 5w or 3w?

I'm guessing they are all 3w and they are attempting to confuse a few customers into thinking they are purchasing 5w LED fixtures.

The other thing is that they only accept paypal or western union on their website. Western Union cost me a $14 fee. Then, when I recieved a payment confirmation email asking for the MCTN, they offered a credit card option that would have saved me the fee!

They need to get their details straightened out.

Hello elamigoverde, I am sorry for all the confusion you have. We have updated our Reflector from 3w to 5w. The information at the website has not been updated as we are redesigning the website. As some stock are still with 3w, the data at the website is for Reflector with 3w. Please don't worry, there is no big difference between them. 5w has better penetration than 3w. The coverage of them are the same. :circle-of-love: If you are not in UK, you will get Reflector 96x5w. :Namaste:

Hello elamigoverde, I am sorry for all the confusion you have. We have updated our Reflector from 3w to 5w. The information at the website has not been updated as we are redesigning the website. As some stock are still with 3w, the data at the website is for Reflector with 3w. Please don't worry, there is no big difference between them. 5w has better penetration than 3w. The coverage of them are the same. :circle-of-love: If you are not in UK, you will get Reflector 96x5w. :Namaste:

Thank you for clarifying that, Sara. Thats really good news.

Back
Top Bottom