Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:It's about the Energy conservation, for the same actual power, will produce same quantity of heat.:high-five:Yes,when you test the surface temperature of the grow light,it's around 135F,but 4pcs of 48-120CM grow bar together didn't increase your growing room temperature too much,and it's summer. :Namaste:
For our new COB light,we use CREE and OSRAM chips and MV drivers,they will produce less heat,the aluminum is very good to collect heat and dissipate to the air,so this COB light
For those lights with only heatsink,no fans,their surface temperature will be higher ,but as the material we use it's safe to use,most growers usually go with lights with fans,so they may not like the silent lights.
We will consider to design a fan for the grow bars.:high-five:
How do you keep grow room quite. You run lights without fans on them then the lights themselves will put out off more heat and then you may need a bigger extraction fan. When you get up into 8inch fans and above good luck keeping them silent. The only way I can see going silent is running t5 or something like that wouldn't put out much heat. Other then that grow rooms are going to make noise lol.
Dont worry Sara I don't want to test your light.pretty sure you made that comment if growers think heat sinks are hot could be dangerous because of me. Yes I feel my bar 48 led bars have something wrong with them. Didn't expect for them to run so hot either. I'm come from hps and metal halide growing so I'm used to heat.
When I measure the led light bars at 135f it seems way to hot. Then i go and check my 1000w hps bulb and the batwing that sit 1.5 inches over top of it isn't running that hot and only running at 103f.
Please respond the my pm message

:goodjob:It's great to hear that they are recoving now,yes,they are bushy,they will produce more sugars:bravo:
Here is a shot of the girls after lights came on today.

No more burning yet which is great..damn LED light at 12"..ahe is recovering.

The plant in the back looks radioactive haha it was labeled as an autoflower on package. Ran her 20/4 liggting.

We are week 10 almost week 11 and still no signs of sex or flowers on that Cheese plant. King Tut is already flowering.

Was told I probably don't have an autoflower if she is this long in and no signs of sex. If that's the case I hope she yields a lot. She is super bushy and super healthy looking

420-magazine-mobile1100132217.jpg

:circle-of-love:hi shnapper...i noticed that your posts are less than 50pcs,so you can send email to service@mars-hydro,our service department will help you with your Mars 900.
Sure,i can give you a coupon code:marshydro,you can place order on our official website.May i know which light you are interested now?:Namaste:
hi sara, I purchased 2 * mars 2 900 off you through this forum 3yrs ago. Ive slowly been losing leds but recently I lost a third of them on one panel. I dont want to repair them as its probably a matter of time until they all go. I would rather replace the lights what would you recommend ? I dont want to generate any more heat than I currently do. Im growing over a 3.5ft* 5ft scrog, and will you give me a discount through the forum. im from oz

:circle-of-love:we updated the information,the information on our official website now are correct.
But i would like to recommend you the Mars Pro II Epistar160, which with better built-up compare to the Mars II 900:bravo:
160-100x100.jpg

Hello sara, I also had another question along with the discount, on your website, it used to say that the Mars 2 900W had an actual wattage draw of VEG-268 FLOWER-389. And now it says VEG -244 FLOWER-363. Just wondering what that's about, and would appreciate some correct info on the lamp. I want to order one around end of month. Please and thank you in advance

:cheer:she is beautiful with sugars....also got strong stems,:goodjob:thanks for sharing with us:bravo:
Sara, here is definitive proof that Mars-Hydro lights do penetrate the canopy to get photons to the lower growths. These babies are under a Reflector 96. This growth....
420-magazine-mobile900452171.jpg
Is way under this canopy
420-magazine-mobile1917210554.jpg
Performing as advertised.

we updated the information,the information on our official website now are correct.
But i would like to recommend you the Mars Pro II Epistar160,which with better built-up compare to the Mars II 900

Thanks sara for the reply. Yes I really like the mars pro 2 lights. My goal is to first buy a 900 or maybe 1200. After a while when I start up a flower tent, it will become Veg light and I will buy another light (probably mars pro 2 light) more than likely the 320. But for now, just the 900. Thanks a lot sara, your great!

:circle-of-love:sure,you can take the Mars II 900 first,you can also check out the grow tent,if you buy grow tent with grow light combo, the price will be cheaper:Namaste:
But i still recommend you go with the Mars Pro II Epistar160,as this light with upgraded drivers and chips,it will last longer ,with better quality and built-up ,compare to the Mars II 900.:Namaste:
we updated the information,the information on our official website now are correct.
But i would like to recommend you the Mars Pro II Epistar160,which with better built-up compare to the Mars II 900

Thanks sara for the reply. Yes I really like the mars pro 2 lights. My goal is to first buy a 900 or maybe 1200. After a while when I start up a flower tent, it will become Veg light and I will buy another light (probably mars pro 2 light) more than likely the 320. But for now, just the 900. Thanks a lot sara, your great!

:circle-of-love:If you want to get light for a 3.5x3.5 area,you can check out the Mars Pro II Epistar160,this light install without glass cover,no lens,has vents alround the panel,it will run cooler.
hi sara, I purchased 2 * mars 2 900 off you through this forum 3yrs ago. Ive slowly been losing leds but recently I lost a third of them on one panel. I dont want to repair them as its probably a matter of time until they all go. I would rather replace the lights what would you recommend ? I dont want to generate any more heat than I currently do. Im growing over a 3.5ft* 5ft scrog, and will you give me a discount through the forum. im from oz

:circle-of-love:Morning vladomar420,yes,you can turn on both switches from start to the end:high-five:
Usually we recommend grower turn on growth swtich alone at VEG stage,and during flowering stage,must turn on both switches.
But many growers would like to turn on both switches from start to harvest,they will ensure enough power for their plants.If you think the lights is too strong for your plants,you also can hang the light higher.:Namaste:
im using mars pro II 160.Autoflow. plant 4 days old .when to turn on bloom spectar? can i use it from start grow till end? ty

:thanks:yes,most growers like to turn on both switches from the start to harvest.:high-five:
I do ..i know there is a few people on this site that turn on both from start to finish

The girls are hanging in there. After i found spider mites I done a major Defolage and washed them off with the hose as I'm at 8 weeks of flowering and didn't want to spray anything on them. Ladybugs will be here in 2 days, mars hydro 2 .
420-magazine-mobile1086945882.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1282518640.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1512572883.jpg

Iti

The girls are hanging in there. After i found spider mites I done a major Defolage and washed them off with the hose as I'm at 8 weeks of flowering and didn't want to spray anything on them. Ladybugs will be here in 2 days, mars hydro 2 .
420-magazine-mobile1086945882.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1282518640.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1512572883.jpg

Iti

Spider mites?that's not good...yeah,you can not spray anything now, as your plants are in flowering ,and those leaves are getting frosty now,but you may add something on the surface of the soil.

Well I got my first crop down using my mars pro ii 128's. I'm rather pleased.
If I can remember how to post pictures I will.

And if mars is looking for a legal Canadian medical grower to advertise for them, let me know : D

Back
Top Bottom