Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

HPS vs LED
Pros and Cons of different grow light
Light is very important for every plants, someone would like to use HPS, someone would like the natural sun light or led grow lights, so what the difference?

Pros of HPS Grow Lights
HPS are the most efficient type of grow light
HPS grow lights are the most efficient and the best for the flowering stage.
HPS lights are simple to use
Cons of HPS Grow Lights
HPS bulbs get really hot and generate a lot of heat.
Additional setup — you need other exhaust fans to dissipate the heat
More parts - HPS lighting means a few more parts than other types of lighting.

Pros of LED grow light
LEDs almost always have built-in cooling that pushes heat up and away from the plants
Plug and play
Some growers believe LEDs produce more resinous bud and Higher THC, will shorten the growth time.
Cons of LED Grow Lights
LED will burn the plants, so you need more space between the light and plants
RYTZZ_XYLI7J_2RLYYAJFUS.jpg

I am Looking at 2 rooms at roughly 10feet x 14feet. So its not going to be your average grow, Ill be running 70 plants in a recirculating Hyrdoponic Setup. 35 in each room. Ill be running 20 Different Strains ( Hopefully journals for each ), I am looking at doing a comparitive run to guage the best equipment to run for food and such. I don't have the room to do a comparitive run on the lights yet so I was going to gamble and go with the best recommendation from as many top growers as I could before investing in so many lights.

Currently I am running 5- 1000 watts on digital ballasts, and 6- 600 watt lights on digi's as well, but I also need to expand this, so was looking at maybe switching. By profile pic is the back, middle part of one room to give some measure of size.

So our cheese plant has finally kicked into gear...ladies and gentlemen we have a girl!! Took a week after flipping the switch to 12/12 but we are all happy here today!

Day 75 and now week 1 of flower

420-magazine-mobile325671572.jpg

What Lights would you recommend to cover the below Pics, my room is 10x14 and the plants are about 5'5" in pics :) The Pics are the back half of one of my rooms:)

20170406_130028.jpg
IMG_20170409_012116948_HDR.jpg

:cheer:yes,so many beautiful pics in this thread now.:bravo:Your girls are looking good too:volcano-smiley:
So many great pics and testimonials in this thread on these lights!

First grow ever and I am using the Mars 1200. We are 8 weeks from seed. 3 Dinafem OG Kush and 2 Black Jesus OG( top and bottom in pic)

They are doing awesome! Check out my journal. Link should be below.

420-magazine-mobile1563503736.jpg

:circle-of-love:You got big growing room,you need to use multiple lights.May i know your budget?
For big growing room,you can use some LED grow light combine with Grow bars.Or you can install Grow bars only.
May i know your location? We have international warehouse,i can check for your.:Namaste:
As we are manufacture,we can arrange goods to you,and can provide you good price.:high-five:
If you want to do comparitive growing,you can check out the Mars Pro II Epistar320 or the Mars Pro II Cree256,they with higher light intensity and penetrate deeper,but it run cooler compare to our other lights.
Mars_Pro_II_Cree_256-12.jpg
cup5.jpg

I am Looking at 2 rooms at roughly 10feet x 14feet. So its not going to be your average grow, Ill be running 70 plants in a recirculating Hyrdoponic Setup. 35 in each room. Ill be running 20 Different Strains ( Hopefully journals for each ), I am looking at doing a comparitive run to guage the best equipment to run for food and such. I don't have the room to do a comparitive run on the lights yet so I was going to gamble and go with the best recommendation from as many top growers as I could before investing in so many lights.

Currently I am running 5- 1000 watts on digital ballasts, and 6- 600 watt lights on digi's as well, but I also need to expand this, so was looking at maybe switching. By profile pic is the back, middle part of one room to give some measure of size.

:goodjob:from bottom to top,your plants get enough lights to grow:bravo:Your plants will grow faster than before:thumb:
Day 18 since flip , no nutes ..Mars ll 400 (just added cfls for side lighting today)

420-magazine-mobile305376683.jpg

420-magazine-mobile233798709.jpg

I would recommend the Mars Pro II EPistar320,haha,for your 10'x14',you can replace some HPS,and combine with LED grow light,it will increase your yield.And you we have different price for different quantity on our official website,and you can use the coupon code:sara,as you are a 420member.:high-five:
What Lights would you recommend to cover the below Pics, my room is 10x14 and the plants are about 5'5" in pics :) The Pics are the back half of one of my rooms:)

:cheer:congratulations!!! you got a girl,haha,i understand that kind of feelings.....my grandpa always want grandson,not granddaughter.....when he finally got a grandson....he was extremely excited.haha:volcano-smiley:
So our cheese plant has finally kicked into gear...ladies and gentlemen we have a girl!! Took a week after flipping the switch to 12/12 but we are all happy here today!

Day 75 and now week 1 of flower

420-magazine-mobile325671572.jpg

How many would I need for the 10 x14 room. I actually have 2 rooms at 10 x14 feet. How many would I need in each room for total coverage?

"I would recommend the Mars Pro II EPistar320,haha,for your 10'x14',you can replace some HPS,and combine with LED grow light,it will increase your yield.And you we have different price for different quantity on our official website,and you can use the coupon code:sara,as you are a 420member.
Quote Originally Posted by wildride"

We need tester to test our New COB light, if you are interested,do not miss it.Share your pics with us to win the most New design of Mars-hydro procuts!!!
Mars Hydro Plant Picture Competition:
Rules:
1. You should only use our Mars II, reflector, or Mars Pro II series lights. And in the photos, you should make sure the light can be seen.
2. Only plants allowed for submission. No dried flowers or single bud shots.
3. post your pics in this thread,and @smokesara,your pic which get the most LIKES win.
The competition will open from 4th to 14th , voting will run from 15th to 22nd in July
7_-_1_.jpg

Do you want to replace all of your HPS with LED grow light?If you do not want to use HPS totally,you need 6 pcs Mars Pro II Epistar320,this light :
Draw power:110V:Growth:350W±5%|Bloom:740W±5% 220V:Growth345W±5%|Bloom:721W±5%
each one light can cover 4'x4' growing area,so 6pcs can cover 8'x12',and you can install some grow bar at the side room.:high-five:
How many would I need for the 10 x14 room. I actually have 2 rooms at 10 x14 feet. How many would I need in each room for total coverage?

"I would recommend the Mars Pro II EPistar320,haha,for your 10'x14',you can replace some HPS,and combine with LED grow light,it will increase your yield.And you we have different price for different quantity on our official website,and you can use the coupon code:sara,as you are a 420member.
Quote Originally Posted by wildride"

Newest international warehouse stock information:
We have enough stock for LED grow light at all of our international warehouse,you guys can place order on our official website at anytime.All 420member can use the coupon code:sara,will get 3% off discount.
07_07.png

Here is where we stand with King Tut...

The burning has stopped and all is well, she is looking really good and is recivering well, seems she is starting to work on her buds more now which is excellent news!

cheese-3.jpg

cheese-4.jpg

Do you want to replace all of your HPS with LED grow light?If you do not want to use HPS totally,you need 6 pcs Mars Pro II Epistar320,this light :
Draw power:110V:Growth:350W±5%|Bloom:740W±5% 220V:Growth345W±5%|Bloom:721W±5%
each one light can cover 4'x4' growing area,so 6pcs can cover 8'x12',and you can install some grow bar at the side room.:high-five:

Thank you, So I will be looking at around a Minimum of 12 for my canopy in both rooms, thank you very much. Ill be checking your website shortly.

Can the remotes operate all lights together or do they operate independitly?

Back
Top Bottom