Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hmm idk lol would b nice
Me too, because it is also uva, not uvb, I searched fluenced also have uv lights spectrum, but also uva, so maybe it will also work something good out. :green_heart:

Right! I will do more survey and give our factory a notice on this. :high-five:
I don't think its necessary, but it would be really nice to be able to add that luxury.

Can you help me vote here? And maybe invite your friends? :green_heart:

Black Friday Sales is finally end now. Hopefully everyone has get the light or growing set ups they want with the sales price. Happy growing everyone!

I just confirmed with our engineer team, our SP 250 actually have the UV diodes in it. But other SP 150 and TS lights doesn't. Do you guys think the UV lights is neccessary to add in on other lights as well? :Namaste:

From a grower's perspective, I don't know if the addition of UV would increase the harvest, or shorten the flowering time. Mars Hydro would need to test this. During my last grow I harvested 440gm from a 2' X 4' (60cm x 120cm) tent under 315W of 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs. That works out to be 592gm / sq m, or 1.4gm / watt. I can't use the TSL-2000 for comparison, as the tent was sized differently, and the plants were trained to produce seed, not the maximum flower possible. As a grower, I'd need to ask "What's in it for me?" Is the loss of some of the current LEDs worth it, if Mars Hydro replaces them UV? If Mars Hydro chooses to redesign the circuit board for the LEDs to add UV, will the increased cost be worth it?

From a marketing perspective, I think it's worth adding to the lights. Mars Hydro would be able to advertise a spectrum enhanced with UV and IR. This could be important if other light manufacturers start pushing it.

Thank you Old Salt, for sharing those info with me, we will consider every side and make the final decision. :Namaste:
From a grower's perspective, I don't know if the addition of UV would increase the harvest, or shorten the flowering time. Mars Hydro would need to test this. During my last grow I harvested 440gm from a 2' X 4' (60cm x 120cm) tent under 315W of 3000°K Citizen CLU048 COBs. That works out to be 592gm / sq m, or 1.4gm / watt. I can't use the TSL-2000 for comparison, as the tent was sized differently, and the plants were trained to produce seed, not the maximum flower possible. As a grower, I'd need to ask "What's in it for me?" Is the loss of some of the current LEDs worth it, if Mars Hydro replaces them UV? If Mars Hydro chooses to redesign the circuit board for the LEDs to add UV, will the increased cost be worth it?

From a marketing perspective, I think it's worth adding to the lights. Mars Hydro would be able to advertise a spectrum enhanced with UV and IR. This could be important if other light manufacturers start pushing it.

Old salt said it well. It would be a really strange Case if some end user could give the answer to this without it been "how I feel". But I guess "how I feel" sells products in the end

Only way to know for sure would be a side by side test. And then it would basically have to be with the same light. Uv in uv off.

Couldn't you guys maybe produce say 2 non uv sp250s or add UV to a sp150/ts and give it to a grower that has the other light to compare? I'm keen to know if it makes a difference or not.

Sorry for the late post, it is really busy after the Black Friday. :Namaste:

Anyway, here is the winner of the last activity, who shared the order on the platforms. Unfortunately it is not from our site. But don't lose hope, we will have another funny activity only for 420 very soon! :green_heart:

Old salt said it well. It would be a really strange Case if some end user could give the answer to this without it been "how I feel". But I guess "how I feel" sells products in the end

Only way to know for sure would be a side by side test. And then it would basically have to be with the same light. Uv in uv off.

Couldn't you guys maybe produce say 2 non uv sp250s or add UV to a sp150/ts and give it to a grower that has the other light to compare? I'm keen to know if it makes a difference or not.
Definitely right, we will make a test for sure. :D

I really doubt it will make a difference in yield. Plants see UV as blue light. As long as you have plenty of blue in your spectrum you’re golden.
:thumb:

Hi Everyone, we are going to hold a activity only for Mars Growers here. It will begin on Dec 9th and end in Dec 31th, But i think I should let you know it in advance, so that you can make some preparation. ;)

I will open a thread to hold this activity on Dec 9th, and then you can post your entry there! :Namaste:
Make sure the picture or video is nicely taken, so that will help you get more likes and votes. :lot-o-toke: Mars Hydro LED grow lights should be in the picture or video, and so are the plants. :circle-of-love: You can say anything when you post the entry, but remember to tag me. ;)

So are you ready? if not, you still got 4 days to prepare! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom