Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi SpaceCroc,the lights we stock in USA is a bit lower power for driver supplier make a bit lower current for us. it is a range, we can not control. we ordered driver with 690~750mA, they do around 690mA for us last time,. so draw power lower. now customers complain that that want higher power, we requested our supplier make current higher. which one you need? I ask our factory took a picture of their test for me, I just got the draw power of 240x5w today. it is 597w. post here later. if you want higher draw power, I will ship the light for you from China. but the one we stock in USA is also very bright. no problem.

QQ_20131024161558.jpg

left above is volatge. blow is draw power.
right above is Current of whole light. below is PF.

Hi SpaceCroc,the lights we stock in USA is a bit lower power for driver supplier make a bit lower current for us. it is a range, we can not control. we ordered driver with 690~750mA, they do around 690mA for us last time,. so draw power lower. now customers complain that that want higher power, we requested our supplier make current higher. which one you need? I ask our factory took a picture of their test for me, I just got the draw power of 240x5w today. it is 597w. post here later. if you want higher draw power, I will ship the light for you from China. but the one we stock in USA is also very bright. no problem.

Thank you for this. It helps and I'm happy with your answer!
Honestly, I'm not fussy with the draw power, I just want good and bright light.

So I guess I don't need/want below or above normal... I just want normal :thumb:

that's fine, you take from USA stock, save much on shipping. and all are the same with the lights in China. when you need lights, please email me, then I can give you our best price. our price come down recently, but I still do not have time to update on our website, I am busying on new website:) hope new website will be ok at the beginning of next month.:)
Thank you for this. It helps and I'm happy with your answer!
Honestly, I'm not fussy with the draw power, I just want good and bright light.

So I guess I don't need/want below or above normal... I just want normal :thumb:

I can not check. :( Chinese IP can not get on Facebook and youtube.
hey guys, I thought I would post this vid here, Sara is making me 2 Mars II 240 x 5w panels with Area 51 spectrums, so pretty soon there will be 4 600w Area 51 panels, 2 TopLed 600w panels and 2 1000w hps in my flower room for a total of 5600w covering a 10 x 18 area, I cant wait to get my next journal going:)

QQ_20131024161558.jpg

left above is volatge. blow is draw power.
right above is Current of whole light. below is PF.

Most American current runs closer to 120 volts. Does that increase current from the drivers?

that's fine, you take from USA stock, save much on shipping. and all are the same with the lights in China. when you need lights, please email me, then I can give you our best price. our price come down recently, but I still do not have time to update on our website, I am busying on new website:) hope new website will be ok at the beginning of next month.:)

I just sent you an email!

The thing is: I don't live in USA. Sending from China should be cheaper as it is closer to where I live!
:)

I believe there are many people still hesitate on draw power. so I explain more here today.

As we know the main advantage of LED is saving-energy——environmental friendly, so the goal of LED technology is to raise lumens of LED and lower its power cost. I believe you have found that there are more and more shopping mall are using LED lighting now. and it is brighter than traditional lights, there is not doubt developers cost much more on LED lighting for it's very very high price, but why they invest it? because LED can save a lot on electronic cost for long-term. now the same quantity LED, you asked us to make high draw power for you, it is opposite to the goal of LED technology, the real thing is if we can make the light brighter and brighter and draw power lower and lower, that is the right way we are walking. or our light is not the right LED light. LED is different from traditional lighting(hps,mh,etc), the same thing, high draw power makes the light brighter. LED can not. if we make too high draw power, it is harm to light quality. really. so as to the power draw, please give the rights to our factory. and we do not ask them to make high or low draw power. they just make the right draw power for us, we will be satisfied. the right draw power decided by many reasons , such as chip, driver current, light quality, they are making lights everyday, we should believe they know this product better than us, and they will make the best product for us. the workers work in factory, their success are to make the best product for user. I believe they want to be a success worker and want us to speak highly of them and the products they make:) Next monday I will go to factory, I will be stand for all user to tell them how great they work and how great the product is, then they will work harder on products:) and make better products,more carefully than before. they just want more nice words from us.Of course, as to the problem they have, I will also have a meeting with them. I will tell them how to improve their work in a friendly way.they work very hard and work overtime everyday, I believe if I can not use the right way to talk with them, I will hurt their feeling.:) ok, meeting time and finish work of this week. have a nice weekend all my frinends.:)

Are there still needs for LED lights to be tested? I would be interested in either replacing just my 600w HPS with LED/ or completely replacing my 600w HPS and my 400w CMH in my flowering tent.

Hello everyone at 420 Magazine! :hippy:

I have read through every post in this thread, and I have to say, great info people! :thanks: It really helped in my decision on which LED company to pick.
So I have decided to pick the "Mars II" from LG-LED Solutions Limited. I've deciced to go with their smallest model (80x5W) since i have limited space and my tent will be a 3' x 3' SJ DR-II, so I guess the Mars II 80xx5W will cover the 3' x 3' nicely.

I do have one question i wanted to ask though. I am going to do a costumization on the light regarding the ratio of the LED's inside. This is where i will need your help guys. :party: I like he idea of having some extra whites to cover essential wavelenghts, but I just don't know how to put the ratio. So far i came up with this:

Everyone is welcome to tell me better combination for the LED. I am just trying to find the best ratio for a light that has to be able to do both veg and flower stage. :morenutes:

Best regards,
The Love Doc :slide:

Hello everyone at 420 Magazine! :hippy:

I have read through every post in this thread, and I have to say, great info people! :thanks: It really helped in my decision on which LED company to pick.
So I have decided to pick the "Mars II" from LG-LED Solutions Limited. I've deciced to go with their smallest model (80x5W) since i have limited space and my tent will be a 3' x 3' SJ DR-II, so I guess the Mars II 80xx5W will cover the 3' x 3' nicely.

I do have one question i wanted to ask though. I am going to do a costumization on the light regarding the ratio of the LED's inside. This is where i will need your help guys. :party: I like he idea of having some extra whites to cover essential wavelenghts, but I just don't know how to put the ratio. So far i came up with this:

Everyone is welcome to tell me better combination for the LED. I am just trying to find the best ratio for a light that has to be able to do both veg and flower stage. :morenutes:

Best regards,

Not sure where the error is, but your blue squares say 550nm to 575nm...this would be in the green, to green-yellow range. Not sure if you meant 450-475nm but just wanted to point that out...

If available I would throw a couple 380-400nm violet led's in there as well as some at 440 to 490nm...

Not sure where the error is, but your blue squares say 550nm to 575nm...this would be in the green, to green-yellow range. Not sure if you meant 450-475nm but just wanted to point that out...

If available I would throw a couple 380-400nm violet led's in there as well as some at 440 to 490nm...

Hello there Icemud!

Thanks for your quick reply and for pointing out my mistake. (I made this late at night, and maybe, just maybe I smoked a little too much of that green herb:loopy:) So anyway I corrected the mistake and will upload a new picture here now. (I can't seem to find the way to edit my last post) So anyway here is the picture with the correct dataset:

As far as I know the provide the following LED's for customization:
430~440nM, Violet
450~475nM, Blue
620~630nM, Red
610nM, Orange
650~670nM, Deep Red
720~730nM, IR
6500k~7500k Pure White
2500k~3500k Warm White

Best Regards

I think the holy grail of any grower in LEDs would be customization configurations at a good price. But if you think about how hard that would be to offer and still have good price would be VERY hard to do.

Sometimes it better to let a well guided engineer figure out what is best way to do it. Well guided being the key.

Hello Craddady!

Thanks for the answer. Although I am not sure I understand what you exactly meant ^^. I have already talked with Sara via mails and she already gave me a good price for the unit (even if I was to customize it myself) :high-five:
Sara told us that they do not do research on MJ plants. Therefor I am asking for the people's advice of those who have grown with different variants of LED lights (Different types of panels with different ratios on the nM). I saw just earlier that Jon planned to/had already -ordered two units of Mars II with Area51 LED ratio. This is what I am curious about. I want to her more. :hmmmm:

Also i may need to add, that this has nothing to do with their Mars II unit not being able to produce some neat buds. I already saw what it can do. It's just that if there is any secrets that to this day has remained secret. Please do enlighten us all! If there is anyway to get the extra bang for the buck, then why not do it I say? :dreamy:

It's getting late. I better get some sleep. I am hoping to get this thread going again and see some answers before i make the purchase.

Best Regards

I totally encourage the development of LED lighting in fact it will in the future be the way to go. I have been working with manufacture's in china on development of the lights for about 4 months. There are still a couple critical areas that need to be addressed that to my knowledge just about every manufacture there misses. Remember when it comes new product designs in china as soon as 1 guy does something they all do it. I have catalogs and pricing from no less then 20 manufacturers in china that are all basically doing the same thing. The fixture casings are different but the technology and applications all mimic each other. The LED chip sets currently available are peaking at 3 watts the lumen to watt ratio is not that of HID and the cost per watt is outrageous. We spent 6800.00 lights with freight on 9 900 watt fixtures to lamp a 10x15 area that was lights only at 50 watts a sq ft vs 1600 cost of 8 HID fixtures and cooling and bulbs 2 per fixture MH and HPS. Like I said I encourage the continued development of LED lighting. There are some issues with wavelength and the uneducated perception that the wavelength can be addressed with a single application in the 460 range the 630 range as this is the focus relative to the PAR. The basic facts being that necessary wavelengths are missing." YES" THESE LED'S WILL SUSTAIN PLANT LIFE! They will grow you a crop. They make your grow room look night club cool. New genetic material must be used every time to avoid the degradation of overall health of the Biota as these lights are missing key wavelengths necessary for permanent sustenance. Clone stock begins to suffer over time if the mother is kept under LED's as well. We ran the whole controlled program. I am certain you will get a harvest out of these lights. I am also certain they will not sustain healthy plant life with out additional spectral exposure for a long period of time. In our experience the first harvest with fresh "germplasm" was the best. I have about 280 PAGES on the Pros and the cons relative to this topic for anyone interested. YES they are the" HYPE" right now I am well aware, We hyped 6500 dollars into the concept to figure out we need to be involved in the design process. In fact I think Sarah's company might have even contacted us regarding manufacturing lights to our specs. I wish everyone the best with there LED grows it is different being around the isolated spectrums. I am anxious to here others experiences and how they work out over time. I am hoping that we will see the 5+ watt LEDs soon and I pray the price comes down on theses so they are affordable for everyone and they become the primary source of lighting for gardeners as there carbon foot print is much much smaller then that of HID's.........Always taking giant steps to leave smaller footprints.

El~Beez

Best regards,

I'm not quite sure I understand.

Are you going to add lights your self, after you receive the light? Or are you having Sara customize this for you?

I know that she will do whatever customization that they can do. I think it costs a little extra. But if they do it, the warranty will be good. I think if we do it, it would void the warranty. Although, that might be able to be negotiated on an individual basis.

Goodmorgen everyone! :yahoo:

I totally encourage the development of LED lighting in fact it will in the future be the way to go. I have been working with manufacture's in china on development of the lights for about 4 months. There are still a couple critical areas that need to be addressed that to my knowledge just about every manufacture there misses. Remember when it comes new product designs in china as soon as 1 guy does something they all do it. I have catalogs and pricing from no less then 20 manufacturers in china that are all basically doing the same thing. The fixture casings are different but the technology and applications all mimic each other. The LED chip sets currently available are peaking at 3 watts the lumen to watt ratio is not that of HID and the cost per watt is outrageous. We spent 6800.00 lights with freight on 9 900 watt fixtures to lamp a 10x15 area that was lights only at 50 watts a sq ft vs 1600 cost of 8 HID fixtures and cooling and bulbs 2 per fixture MH and HPS. Like I said I encourage the continued development of LED lighting. There are some issues with wavelength and the uneducated perception that the wavelength can be addressed with a single application in the 460 range the 630 range as this is the focus relative to the PAR. The basic facts being that necessary wavelengths are missing." YES" THESE LED'S WILL SUSTAIN PLANT LIFE! They will grow you a crop. They make your grow room look night club cool. New genetic material must be used every time to avoid the degradation of overall health of the Biota as these lights are missing key wavelengths necessary for permanent sustenance. Clone stock begins to suffer over time if the mother is kept under LED's as well. We ran the whole controlled program. I am certain you will get a harvest out of these lights. I am also certain they will not sustain healthy plant life with out additional spectral exposure for a long period of time. In our experience the first harvest with fresh "germplasm" was the best. I have about 280 PAGES on the Pros and the cons relative to this topic for anyone interested. YES they are the" HYPE" right now I am well aware, We hyped 6500 dollars into the concept to figure out we need to be involved in the design process. In fact I think Sarah's company might have even contacted us regarding manufacturing lights to our specs. I wish everyone the best with there LED grows it is different being around the isolated spectrums. I am anxious to here others experiences and how they work out over time. I am hoping that we will see the 5+ watt LEDs soon and I pray the price comes down on theses so they are affordable for everyone and they become the primary source of lighting for gardeners as there carbon foot print is much much smaller then that of HID's.........Always taking giant steps to leave smaller footprints.

El~Beez

Hello El~Beez,

Thanks for your thorough answer. I think there is nothing new under the sun, when you say that there still are a few critical misses in LED grow light units. After all that iswhat we are trying to doing here - finding the missing link. lol. :reading420magazine: I am also aware of the mimic effect at manufacturers in China and elsewhere. THAT is why I think it is important that we do what we can to help manufacturers like Sara's to make the best LED grow light for MJ possible at this time and in the future. :blunt:

As to the lumens per watt output LED vs. HPS - What i've read and learned: (please correct me if I am wrong)
HPS light covers all necessary wavelenghts for healthy growth. But they also use more energy and there is also so much energy wasted which is not being used by the plant, ánd therefor it produces lots of heat, meaning I would have to have extra AC to keep the heat down. And eventhough the HPS is cheaper to buy, I would still have to replace it more often than LED, meaning on the long run this might not be cheaper.

LED With todays LED technology it's harder to hit the necessary wavelenghts for healthy MJ growth. But it can be done to some extent. By concentrating the wavelenghts used by the plant for photosynthesis absorption, and adding some white to hit the missing wavelength. By doing so you wont waste energy on heat and the extra needed AC. Also LED might be expensive to buy at first, but you get that extra buck back in savings on electricity and replacement lights.

Would that be 280 pages only PRO's and CON's for LED grow light? :thanks:

Another chart for discussion:

achart.png

That SEEMS to indicate that there are 2 significant narrow ranges that are all you need to worry about. I have no idea whether that is valid or not.

Hi Bolivar,

It's seems to me that they peak at the Royal blue and the Deep red.But I would like to see someone else's opinion on this chart. :hmmmm:

I'm not quite sure I understand.

Are you going to add lights your self, after you receive the light? Or are you having Sara customize this for you?

I know that she will do whatever customization that they can do. I think it costs a little extra. But if they do it, the warranty will be good. I think if we do it, it would void the warranty. Although, that might be able to be negotiated on an individual basis.

Hello Output,

I am going to let LG LED Solution do the customization of the light. It's will indeed cost me some extra bucks, but if I get better results i think it will be worth it. (We are not talking a whole bunch of extra to pay) As far as I know, there will be the same 3 years of warranty with my light if I was to get them to customize it. (Please correct me if I am wrong here Sara)

Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom