Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello Sara!! i did a little video with my watt test and setup of the Mars reflector 144x5 and i figured what better place to share ill be posting more when i get into flower and when im pull the crop but light is looking great so far with less watts then my t5, better coverage and less heat i have nothing to complain about. thanx agian and i feel this light will perform well for my tent :Namaste:

Since these new 5-watt Reflectors seem to be only drawing about ~12% more power than the 3-watt ones, they probably didn't need to change anything about the thermal management?

Hi All,
I will try to make a long story short.
So this is my first experience growinf indoor and I did the mistake to setup everything to use MH/HPS lamps.
I live in Europe and right now we have a temp of 26°C/79F so using HPS has been a huge mistake.
I have a small tent 60X60X170cm (2X2X5).
I was looking for a led in order to avoid the heat because whatever i do with an MH/HPS the temp raise over 87!
If I'm not mistaken @SmokeSara in one post said that the mars 2 400W generate more heat, while the reflector series generate less heat.
So considering my tent I thought that the 96X3 would be my best bet but maybe 2 48X3 should be a better solution considering my space.
My question are if considering my tent I should go for just one panel of 300W or 2 of 150W.
Also i would like to know if the panel out of the box the proportion of light is just fine to achieve a result comparable to a 250 watt HPS.
Right now I've shut down my MH and I saved my plants that are now under some CFL so I need a solution.
Wasted some money on my light implant therefore any comments from actual user are very welcome.
Last question, i would love to exchange some PM with @SmokeSara but I think I'm not allowed because i have less than 50 posts so if Sara can tell me how get in touch with her we can discuss.
Thanks in advance to everyone!

Hi.. The very first Mars-Hydro I ever purchased was a 96x3w reflector and I still run the light and love it... It generates very little heat and having the switches for veg and bloom help to save energy too.... I don't think you can go wrong with 2 of the 48x3w or a 96x3w... You are more than welcome to check out the journal in my signature to see what both the 96x3w, 48x3w or the Mars II 400's can do....:circle-of-love:

Hello Venomous

I can't answer your question about lights, I am a first time grower myself but have a grow room rather than tent.

Many on here can probably answer your question though.

If you want to message Sara, look at her signature at the bottom of her posts. She has her Mars-Hydro email link there. You can contact her directly through it. It will probably be about 9 hrs before she gets it as she is in China and its about 1am there

RC

Hi.. The very first Mars-Hydro I ever purchased was a 96x3w reflector and I still run the light and love it... It generates very little heat and having the switches for veg and bloom help to save energy too.... I don't think you can go wrong with 2 of the 48x3w or a 96x3w... You are more than welcome to check out the journal in my signature to see what both the 96x3w, 48x3w or the Mars II 400's can do....:circle-of-love:
Thanks @Dennise!
At first my idea was to go with the mars 2 400 watt but for me heat and noise is an issue, now because I'm new on this board I don't rememer where Sara explained that the Mars 2 400W generate more heat ( big problem for me ) and more noise.
Anyway because my tent is small I thought that two panel instead of one would be a better choise but on this I would like to hear some suggestion.
Sadly It's my first attempt and I haven't spent my money very well, so now i want be sure to get the best light setup for my tent.
I will give a look at your journal hope to see some huge buds :volcano-smiley:

Hello Venomous

I can't answer your question about lights, I am a first time grower myself but have a grow room rather than tent.

If you want to message Sara, look at her signature at the bottom of her posts. She has her Mars-Hydro email link there. You can contact her directly through it. It will probably be about 9 hrs before she gets it as she is in China and its about 1am there

RC
Thank you, i will try to drop her an email.

Hello venomous, welcome to 420Magazine :) I use 2x 96x3 Reflectors in a 4x4x6 tent and they are providing ample coverage in there. The temps are great, I only use small 6" fans for circulation and no intake/exhaust while vegging. There's obviously a little more heat when they're set to both flower and veg (bloom and growth according to the switches) and an exhaust is always good to get rid of the smell (not for me but for the neighbours ;) ). With a 2x2 area you will have great coverage, but bear in mind that the length is 22" on one of these beauties. Coverage no problem, room to manoeuvre could be an issue but I'd use one for that space. I hope this helps :thumb:

Hello venomous, welcome to 420Magazine :) I use 2x 96x3 Reflectors in a 4x4x6 tent and they are providing ample coverage in there. The temps are great, I only use small 6" fans for circulation and no intake/exhaust while vegging. There's obviously a little more heat when they're set to both flower and veg (bloom and growth according to the switches) and an exhaust is always good to get rid of the smell (not for me but for the neighbours ;) ). With a 2x2 area you will have great coverage, but bear in mind that the length is 22" on one of these beauties. Coverage no problem, room to manoeuvre could be an issue but I'd use one for that space. I hope this helps :thumb:
You are right! But to be honest my dream would be having 2 150W 48*3 Maybe due the disposition of the led the coverage will not be the same but wrestling a bit inside the tent i can angle the panels or use just one panel while seedling...Well you have some great option :D

Thanks @Dennise!
At first my idea was to go with the mars 2 400 watt but for me heat and noise is an issue, now because I'm new on this board I don't rememer where Sara explained that the Mars 2 400W generate more heat ( big problem for me ) and more noise.
Anyway because my tent is small I thought that two panel instead of one would be a better choise but on this I would like to hear some suggestion.
Sadly It's my first attempt and I haven't spent my money very well, so now i want be sure to get the best light setup for my tent.

I did exactly the same thing when I first started growing and I spent a blue bloody fortune trying to save money...:straightface: I went with the 96x3w reflector for my first light and I do not regret that decision at all and IMO you will benefit the most from the reflectors in your grow area.....:circle-of-love:

Dear oinnk, though the wattage might only increased about 12%, but the 5watt chips are still stronger than the 3watt one, and will give more heat. :circle-of-love: In case that the light can still keep low temperature as our previous 3watt one, we add the heat sinks, just incase. lol :thanks:
Since these new 5-watt Reflectors seem to be only drawing about ~12% more power than the 3-watt ones, they probably didn't need to change anything about the thermal management?

Hello venomous, welcome to my thread. :welcome: For your question, I would suggest you use two of the 48x3w lights, to give your space better covered and more flexibility than only one 96x3w. :thumb: The two lights can replace around 200w hps, but you will get less heat and will grow better and denser buds. :circle-of-love:
Hi All,
I will try to make a long story short.
So this is my first experience growinf indoor and I did the mistake to setup everything to use MH/HPS lamps.
I live in Europe and right now we have a temp of 26°C/79F so using HPS has been a huge mistake.
I have a small tent 60X60X170cm (2X2X5).
I was looking for a led in order to avoid the heat because whatever i do with an MH/HPS the temp raise over 87!
If I'm not mistaken @SmokeSara in one post said that the mars 2 400W generate more heat, while the reflector series generate less heat.
So considering my tent I thought that the 96X3 would be my best bet but maybe 2 48X3 should be a better solution considering my space.
My question are if considering my tent I should go for just one panel of 300W or 2 of 150W.
Also i would like to know if the panel out of the box the proportion of light is just fine to achieve a result comparable to a 250 watt HPS.
Right now I've shut down my MH and I saved my plants that are now under some CFL so I need a solution.
Wasted some money on my light implant therefore any comments from actual user are very welcome.
Last question, i would love to exchange some PM with @SmokeSara but I think I'm not allowed because i have less than 50 posts so if Sara can tell me how get in touch with her we can discuss.
Thanks in advance to everyone!

Thank you Dennise, :circle-of-love:
Thank you Celt:thanks:
Hello Venomous

RC
lol, that is fine Celt:volcano-smiley:
Hello Denise

I was going to suggest he ask you but without being able to PM anybody yet, wasn't sure how he could reach you LOL

RC

I understand your position, lol, the reflector lights are the way to go. :high-five:
Thanks @Dennise!
NP. :passitleft:
Thank you, i will try to drop her an email.

Thank you Kriaze :thumb:
:circle-of-love:
You are right! But to be honest my dream would be having 2 150W 48*3 Maybe due the disposition of the led the coverage will not be the same but wrestling a bit inside the tent i can angle the panels or use just one panel while seedling...Well you have some great option :D
:passitleft::circle-of-love:
I did exactly the same thing when I first started growing and I spent a blue bloody fortune trying to save money...:straightface: I went with the 96x3w reflector for my first light and I do not regret that decision at all and IMO you will benefit the most from the reflectors in your grow area.....:circle-of-love:

Great news everyone, we will gonna have our grow tents in EU warehouse next week, the price will be updated soon and you can order from us with really low price while top quality. LOl :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:
The UK stock will also have the tents at the early of June soon. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom